Darjeeling Singell Dj-5 'Heritage' organic & fair trade. 1st Flush

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Absolutely loving this tea. I've brewed it on a few occasions now and I can definitely see why people call Darjeeling the "champagne of teas". This totally reminds me of champagne! It's so light,...” Read full tasting note
    DMTea 318 tasting notes

From Camellia Sinensis

From the old ‘Heritage’ Section(150 years old this year)of this classic garden. A neat even leaf infuses to reveal uniform infusion and a cup of such pure, crisp clarity and impressive balance with full flavour, floral notes and vivacity that puts this tea among the top Darjeelings of the Year. The Darjeeling First Flush teas take around 3 months to ‘mellow’. During this very exciting early, fresh and green stage try infusing at 90 degrees to bring out the bouquet.

About Camellia Sinensis View company

1 Tasting Note

Absolutely loving this tea. I’ve brewed it on a few occasions now and I can definitely see why people call Darjeeling the “champagne of teas”. This totally reminds me of champagne!

It’s so light, delicate, muscatel, and the other fruit/floral notes combine well. Everything here is in harmony, I couldn’t ask this tea to preform any better. Savoured each sip until the last drop.

Very happy I had a chance to try this out. Of course their book (Tea: History, Terroirs, Varieties) hyped it up a bit so I was itching to get my hands on it. ;)

1 tsp, 250ml water, 1 steep