Nilgiri Coonoor organic

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “At first when I made this, I probably used too much leaf and not enough water. The result was overpowering and bitter. Anyway, I brewed a new batch in a tall glass mug with plenty of water...” Read full tasting note
    DMTea 302 tasting notes
  • “This is a very nice, high grade, Nilgiri tea. Beautiful aroma when I opened the bag, tea had a softer taste than I expected. Umami and wintergreen taste with a subtle hint of freshly cut grass. ...” Read full tasting note
    sftgfop 122 tasting notes

From Camellia Sinensis

These large, dark, metallic leaves come from the blue mountains of the Nilgiris, in Southern India. It is a stunning example of a tea from this category and is sure to please fans of light and aromatic black teas. Fruity (candied papaya, peach) and lightly floral (osmanthus) bouquet. On the palate, the bright liquor shows well-structured tannins and possesses spicy (pepper, coriander seed), fruity (orange zest, preserved fruit) and slightly malty aromas. The soft finish is long with nicely balanced fruity tannins.

About Camellia Sinensis View company

At first when I made this, I probably used too much leaf and not enough water. The result was overpowering and bitter. Anyway, I brewed a new batch in a tall glass mug with plenty of water (slightly more than 1 cup). Moving on to the tasting notes. ;)

Smelling the liquor on this second attempt, I feel relieved that it doesn’t smell bitter or pungent in any way. It has a nice floral scent, and the liquor is a light orange-yellow.

Taking my first sip, I’m again comforted in knowing I brewed this better. Drinking more, I taste something floral, spices, something like fuzzy peach, soft malty flavour, and light tea flavour. During the aftertaste a very floral lavender flavour lingers.

I never usually brew a full cup or more of water when I make tea, so I’ll keep that in mind when I brew this. Anyway, I’m very pleased with the results and it was entertaining to watch the long twisted leaves in a tall glass. Very good tea, it met and then exceeded my expectations.

290 ml of water in a glass mug, 2 tsp (hard to scoop the tea leaves, so I dunno), 1 steep

This is a very nice, high grade, Nilgiri tea. Beautiful aroma when I opened the bag, tea had a softer taste than I expected. Umami and wintergreen taste with a subtle hint of freshly cut grass. Fresh green pepper (before it has been dried).