Liu Bao 1996 Nong Jia

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Mélissa

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Color: Dark red Nose: Earth(spicy and sweet) and leather I had yet to try a Liu Bao. Both the (huge) leaves and the liquor are red. Despite the fact I steeped it for 6 minutes, I can really...” Read full tasting note
    MelissaFox 80 tasting notes

From Camellia Sinensis

This aged tea from Guangxi is a combination of broad leaves and stems harvested over 15 years ago. The rinse releases the first fragrances of undergrowth into the air. Its dark red liquor is sweet and gives off ample fragrances of nuts, leather and spice. Balanced, it persists to a fruity and refreshing finish.

About Camellia Sinensis View company

1 Tasting Note

Color: Dark red
Nose: Earth(spicy and sweet) and leather

I had yet to try a Liu Bao. Both the (huge) leaves and the liquor are red. Despite the fact I steeped it for 6 minutes, I can really still smell the sweetness, which in turn translates into the taste.

What differenciates this one from other puerhs I’ve tried is its only slightly earthy, with lightly sweet feel in mouth which is tied together by spices (could it be leather?). It also has a nutty taste I identify as fresh hazelnuts. Being this light, it’s more refreshing than filling.