2006 Macao Scenary

Pu-erh Tea
Dark Chocolate, Earth, Leather
Edit tea info Last updated by Steven

• “I was recommeded this 'shou' last time I went to their store. So far, I'm enjoying this. I easily got 6 great steeps out of it in my yixing, steep times ranging from 15 seconds to 40 seconds...” Read full tasting note
    cayouche 8 tasting notes
  • “Received my package this morning containing the pu-erh and Okakura Kakuzō book of tea which was a good thing with a temp of -42 Celsius with the wind a tea and a book was in order to unfreeze...” Read full tasting note
    Zoltar 38 tasting notes
  • “If you like black earth, leathery, thirst quenching dark, dark chocolate tea then this is the one. Straight up it smells and tastes like black earth after rain. When I added a touch of almond milk...” Read full tasting note
    Random Carpe Diem 150 tasting notes

From Camellia Sinensis

This is a Pu Er compressed in the ancient style of ‘zhuan’ or 250 gram bricks. The dark, luxurious infusion reflecting its aromatic character of black earth and leather, tempered by a surprising note of aromatic herb. Its liquor is silky and thirst quenching. An accessible tea to drink on a daily basis.

About Camellia Sinensis View company

I was recommeded this ‘shou’ last time I went to their store. So far, I’m enjoying this.

I easily got 6 great steeps out of it in my yixing, steep times ranging from 15 seconds to 40 seconds for the last one. I’m sure you could get more out of it.

It has an earthy smell, as you’d expect, with a tiny hint of green (ish) tea. I get the same ‘hint’ in taste as well: It’s surprisingly refreshing, and sweet. This ‘fresh’ sensation will stay for a few minutes.

It’s been awfully cold and rainy lately. We even had our first snowfall (~2cm) a few days ago. Winter is coming as they say in Game of Thrones. I don’t remember having snow that early, it’s not even Halloween yet. It’s alright, this tea provides me the warmth I need to get through winter.

Received my package this morning containing the pu-erh and Okakura Kakuzō book of tea which was a good thing with a temp of -42 Celsius with the wind a tea and a book was in order to unfreeze me.

Don’t know much ( for not saying nothing at all ) about Pu-erh but for some reason i keep getting the impulsion to try them. Did choose that one totally randomly liked the name or the picture i don’t really remember. Always found that most Pu’erh smell like stable but not in a bad way a aroma more like horse and fesh hay ( maybe i’m just weird ).

no instruction was giving to make it gongfu style so i kinda have to improvised on that one but that part of the fun of tea to try new thing to taste it.

I did the first steep 15 second that was noway enough time the tea as a beautiful color but nearly no taste

Second steep was 30 second the tea is way more dark now nearly as dark as coffee little earthly taste with lot of astringency ( but really a lot )

try the third at 30 second also the taste and the felling was much like the second steep

since they suggest 4-5 minute steep in a western steeping style ( that the way i will do it next time ) i did the last steep at 45 second no more astringency this time but still just a hint of earthly taste i may did something wrong i will make my next tasting according to the instruction they give to me to compare the taste of the two method but for now my head is way to light to read my book or drink more tea

205 °F / 96 °C

If you like black earth, leathery, thirst quenching dark, dark chocolate tea then this is the one. Straight up it smells and tastes like black earth after rain. When I added a touch of almond milk it brought out the dark, dark chocolate taste.

Flavors: Dark Chocolate, Earth, Leather