Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by missladygrey

• “I bought this tea because I was looking for a light Chinese green. Something smooth, not fruity and definitely not bitter. When I brought it home, I read the online description and immediately...” Read full tasting note
    ladygrey1 4 tasting notes

From Camellia Sinensis

A well-balanced brew from this Zhejiang’s green tea, ideal for daily enjoyment. A slightly oily sensation combines with the aroma of fiddleheads and spring flowers to create an agreeable brightness. The lightly smoky finish comes in to prolong a pleasant bitterness.

About Camellia Sinensis View company

I bought this tea because I was looking for a light Chinese green. Something smooth, not fruity and definitely not bitter. When I brought it home, I read the online description and immediately regretted choosing it, because of the bitter aftertaste that they described.
I steeped the tea as they recommended and poured one cup after 3.5 minutes and then one at 4.5 minutes.
The first cup (3.5 mins) starts off very subtle almost sweet, but when you swallow you are left with a delightful vegetable after taste. It’s a perfect green tea for mid afternoon.
The second cup (4.5 mins) was slightly stronger, but still smooth. A slight more present after-taste that I would maybe try to eliminate next time.

Verdict: Delicious, worth trying at different strengths, but I would go for less than 4 minutes next time.