Darjeeling Thurbo DJ-19 1st Flush

Edit tea info Last updated by Dorothy

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This was really smooth and not sharp/bitter at all. Along with the typical notes I expect (woodsy, peppery), I never felt like the flavours overpowered my taste buds. Overall I enjoyed the...” Read full tasting note
    DMTea 302 tasting notes

From Camellia Sinensis

This lot, exclusive to Camellia Sinensis, is composed of leaves from Kevin’s favourite clonal section located near the Nepalese border. From this beautiful mix of fine buds and leaves with varying shades, the amber liquor obtained is velvety and rich. Sweet floral and grassy (oat) scents are combined with the fruity (pear) and gourmet character of this magnificent balanced and expressive tea.

About Camellia Sinensis View company

1 Tasting Note

Overall I enjoyed the tea, but Darjeelings are not something I usually purchase so I’ll reserve rating this for now. But compared to some others I’ve tried, this seemed really subtle and balanced at the same time.

Steep parameters: