Darjeeling Thurbo DJ-19 1st Flush

Edit tea info Last updated by Dorothy

• “This was really smooth and not sharp/bitter at all. Along with the typical notes I expect (woodsy, peppery), I never felt like the flavours overpowered my taste buds. Overall I enjoyed the...” Read full tasting note
    DMTea 311 tasting notes
  • “This was the most expensive FF black Darjeeling that Camellia Sinensis offered; which set a high standard in my book. Luckily this tea followed through. While a little more light and delicate...” Read full tasting note
    sftgfop 149 tasting notes

From Camellia Sinensis

This lot, exclusive to Camellia Sinensis, is composed of leaves from Kevin’s favourite clonal section located near the Nepalese border. From this beautiful mix of fine buds and leaves with varying shades, the amber liquor obtained is velvety and rich. Sweet floral and grassy (oat) scents are combined with the fruity (pear) and gourmet character of this magnificent balanced and expressive tea.

About Camellia Sinensis View company

Overall I enjoyed the tea, but Darjeelings are not something I usually purchase so I’ll reserve rating this for now. But compared to some others I’ve tried, this seemed really subtle and balanced at the same time.

Steep parameters:
250ml mug, 1 teaspoon

Luckily this tea followed through. While a little more light and delicate than I usually appreciate in my FF’s, this had a lovely floral aroma, that had a soft sweetness to it that I would describe as nectar.

Jasmine and roses and faint honey suckle, with a honey crisp apple astringency/sweetness. As it cooled it gained a bit more nutty/full bodied taste that I would describe as dried walnuts.

Cwyn

Is this a green Darjeeling? I am looking to taste a good one again, this sounds like a decent one to consider.

SFTGFOP

Yeah, its been pretty good. So far the best one I have tasted, but I still have 7 more to go. I liked this one because it was more floral and fragrant, and less “woodsy” “peppery”. I think I am also going to buy some of this estates second flush as I could see this having a very very good muscatel taste.