Ombrelle de Papier

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “This is such a light and fruity tea that it is always such a pleasure to drink. On top of that, it smells amazing. This will probably be a favorite as the weather warms up as it is just so fresh...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1356 tasting notes
  • “Another one from *VariaTEA* and man...this one smells AMAAAAZING! I really do like this one a LOT. I really need to get around to a camelia Sinesis order because i've had a few now and they are...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4043 tasting notes
  • “This one was from *VariaTEA* and it's so amazing and tasty and refreshing. I need to try more from this company! It's a white tea, and yes. I think I can detect the base below all those fresh...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1404 tasting notes
  • “This lovely blend is thanks to Dexter3657! Wow do the leaves smell SO refreshing, bright and fruity. So many fruits in this blend! I knew I had to choose this tea while I was thirsty. And I've...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1093 tasting notes

From Camellia Sinensis

Exuberant, intoxicating, it stays in your mouth like a happy song that does not want to leave. Composed of white tea with fresh flavors of pineapple and rhubarb, it sharpens the mind like a first day of spring.

Ingredients : white tea, green tea, pineapple, lemongrass, raspberry leaves, morello cherry, sunflower petals, lemon myrtle, rhubarb, strawberry, pear

About Camellia Sinensis View company

This is such a light and fruity tea that it is always such a pleasure to drink. On top of that, it smells amazing. This will probably be a favorite as the weather warms up as it is just so fresh tasting that it really seems like a Spring tea.

Another one from VariaTEA and man…this one smells AMAAAAZING! I really do like this one a LOT. I really need to get around to a camelia Sinesis order because i’ve had a few now and they are pretty solidly good teas. :) This isn’t a floral blend…it’s just fruity and tasty and delicious…even though it’s not a black tea ;)

Dexter3657

Thumbs up for Camellia Sinensis and thumbs up for this tea. :))

VariaTEA

I am glad you liked this as well. I also am not a huge fan of greens/whites but this is definitely a tasty cup. I am not sure what the shipping for Camellia Sinensis is but I will be back in Toronto in April and can bring some back with me. Especially as it is literally a block from my house. Just pm me if you are ever interested.

nice! it’s 50% free across canada but i will for sure keep that in mind. I mean, on the other hand i am also up for any excuse to road trip to montreal as well haha

Ysaurella

the tea name is so lovely, so romantic , so Frenchy Chinese

Tea Sipper

This IS very tasty smelling!

This one was from VariaTEA and it’s so amazing and tasty and refreshing. I need to try more from this company!

It’s a white tea, and yes. I think I can detect the base below all those fresh fruity flavours. The base is slightly earthier and provides a nice balance. The rhubarb and strawberry are the most noticeable fruit flavours but I could just sit and sip this one for ages based on that alone.

I don’t drink many whites, but I can tell this blend was done right.

Thank you!

2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
VariaTEA

This is the one white I really love as well. My roommate did well when picking flavors. She grabbed a bunch I would not have gotten myself and I ended up really enjoying all of them.

i REALLY liked this one too and that’s rare in a white for me heh

VariaTEA

Yay! I am glad it has been a success. I think that is why I sent it to you guys. It is one of the few whites I found that I really enjoy.

Cavocorax

:) Thanks again. It was really surprising!

This lovely blend is thanks to Dexter3657! Wow do the leaves smell SO refreshing, bright and fruity. So many fruits in this blend! I knew I had to choose this tea while I was thirsty. And I’ve been sipping way too many black teas lately!

Steep #1 // 3 min // 45 min after the water has boiled
The flavor is as amazing as the fragrance. The white tea definitely is the first to the forefront. It’s nice that the fruit didn’t overpower the white tea. I’m not tasting any rhubarb but I can see where the other fruits make themselves mildly known. I’m getting hints of lemon, pear, cherry, and pineapple… hints but they are there like they combine to make a new fruit. The steep color is bright yellow.

Steep #2 // 3-4 min // half hour after boiling
Another gorgeous, tasty cup! I actually see a big chunk of cherry in the infuser! There are some definite fruity white blends lacking in my cupboard! I love this one. I’m honored I was able to try it!

VariaTEA

My roommate bought me this for Hanukkah. It is so awesome.

Okay, cold brewed? Wow! This is really good as a cold brewed tea! It is bright, fruity, citrusy and delicious. There is a lot of lemon grass that takes over this cup and it reminds me of two other cups that it is very similar too that I also enjoyed! I’m liking it!

Thanks again VariaTEA!

VariaTEA

Glad you liked it. I am excited to get back to trying more samples once my exam is finished.

Dustin

Good luck on that exam! That is once nice thing about my jewelry classes… no exams!

I made two cups of tea when I got home tonight; I’d have loved to make more, but I work again tomorrow at 9AM and I need to go to bed right away so I stuck with simpler, lower caffeine blends.

This sample comes from Dexter3657, though I’m pretty sure she got her sample from VariaTEA – so this works out nicely because, had Dex not sent me some, I’m sure VariaTEA would have eventually (or I’d have requested it).

I really like this though! It reminds me of Tea Desire’s Buddha Bamboo in the fruitiness of it – mostly the pineapple, which is really strong. The rhubarb is a little less strong, and hides in the background, though not enough where I can’t find it. The aftertaste is so potent – it really makes taking the time to enjoy this really easy. Mmm!

I find it funny that it reminds me of Buddha Bamboo, though! I’m buying Buddha Bamboo for VariaTEA because Tea Desire is local to me, and I’ve now requested she do the same for me with this blend, which is local to her. What a nearly comical trade off.

VariaTEA

Haha Dexter is actually one of the few people who did NOT get this from me, though you are correct that I would have shared this eventually. In fact, I am surprised I have not already done so. And I will most definitely go pick this up for you if you like. I can also get you some Des Roses et Des Bonbons while I am there. I mean, we should get it while we can because in less than a month, the tea shop will no longer be around the corner :(

VariaTEA

Oh actually that reminds me, let me know when you have the Buddha Bamboo because depending on when you get a hold of some (no rush btw), I might have you send it to Thornhill instead.

Roswell Strange

It’ll be either late this week or early next week depending when my next day off after payday is. But yes, I’ll let you know before I send anything off.

Dexter3657

LOL I’m sure VariaTEA would have shared it with me, but I’m was already a fan of Camellia Sinensis, and had my won stash. :))

This is surprisingly tasty. I say surprisingly, cause I did not expect it to be so tasty. “Ombrelle de papier” evokes something fragile, shy, and innocent.

This tea is bold and fruity, despite its white base. I brewed all at once the big sample Dexter3657 sent me. She wrote that it had a hint of rhubarb so it fitted my likings. Well she was right, it does (I love rhubarb!!) But pineapple and rhubarb, who would have thought? I started having it hot, but as it was cooling down, I got the impression this would be better cold. So I put my mason jar mug in the fridge and got busy…

We’ve had a tremendous amount of snow here in the last two days. Winter is not ending, it’s still very cold on top of things.

I’ve had a lot to deal with for many months now, health and emotional issues. Still not over. All those circumstances have made me tired and lazy. I haven’t worked out in a long time, putting it off until I feel better or waiting for more clement weather. Excuses, really. I know I’m tougher than that. Weather issues? Really Fairy??? How bout having access to a full gym…downstair in the basement! What’s your excuse now? Pain, fatigue? Some people train with serious injuries, some have serious handicaps and still train… So there. No more excuses.

I used to find relief and pleasure in exercise not so long ago. In a few weeks, I know I’ll
be back on my bike, ready to ride, but I have to get back in shape first. So today was the day. Treadmill, spin session, and Pilates recliner.

Lol, all with moderation of course, I do have to be able to walk tomorrow! It feels so good right now, I got the fix of endorphins I’ve been craving so much, and mostly, I feel proud of myself, something I haven’t felt in way too long. Yay for me :-)

Time try this iced tea! So good, juicy and quenching, my training tea of the day!

Glad you liked it.

Look at you go!!! WOW, that’s great that you are feeling better and getting those endorphins working for you. Yes all in moderation, but be proud of every little step forward. :))

TheTeaFairy

Thanks, Nike has this one right, feels good to Just do it ;-)

Ysaurella

bravo Mme la fée du thé :) take care

Ok, ok, I lied. I’ll have a white or green tea tonight. This one is from VariaTEA. :)

Basically it was an “Anything that smells amazing!” choice. As long as “anything” wasn’t a black or oolong.

So this. Dry, it smells like fruit candy. Mmm.

Steeped (for 5 mintues!!), it smells like fruity candy plus tea.

This is really good! I don’t specifically get rhubarb and pineapple, but I do get tea and fruit and sweet-with-a-little-tart. Really nice balance. I wonder how this is iced, or cold steeped. Hmm…

(2-2.5 tsp per 14 oz)

Dexter3657

I love this one – happy you are enjoying it too. (It’s really good cold steeped…)

OMGsrsly

Good to know. Now to decide whether to put it on tonight, or to wait… I’ll put a cold steep on tonight. :)

VariaTEA

Yay! I am glad you liked it.

There are many different fruits in here, but the outcome for me is a tea that tastes like dried strawberries. Not the crispy ones with the citric acid taste, but the soft, chewy ones, as if you dried them in a dehydrator yourself, with the slight dark syrupy note under the fruity lightness. As a bonus, this feels like a total indulgence. Dessert, but not sugary.

The scent of this steeping is really good at garnering compliments!