Ombrelle de Papier

White Tea
Pineapple, Rhubarb, Strawberry
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “This is such a light and fruity tea that it is always such a pleasure to drink. On top of that, it smells amazing. This will probably be a favorite as the weather warms up as it is just so fresh...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1877 tasting notes
  • “Another one from *VariaTEA* and man...this one smells AMAAAAZING! I really do like this one a LOT. I really need to get around to a camelia Sinesis order because i've had a few now and they are...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4831 tasting notes
  • “This one was from *VariaTEA* and it's so amazing and tasty and refreshing. I need to try more from this company! It's a white tea, and yes. I think I can detect the base below all those fresh...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1672 tasting notes
  • “This lovely blend is thanks to Dexter3657! Wow do the leaves smell SO refreshing, bright and fruity. So many fruits in this blend! I knew I had to choose this tea while I was thirsty. And I've...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1326 tasting notes

From Camellia Sinensis

Exuberant, intoxicating, it stays in your mouth like a happy song that does not want to leave. Composed of white tea with fresh flavors of pineapple and rhubarb, it sharpens the mind like a first day of spring.

Ingredients : white tea, green tea, pineapple, lemongrass, raspberry leaves, morello cherry, sunflower petals, lemon myrtle, rhubarb, strawberry, pear

About Camellia Sinensis View company

This is such a light and fruity tea that it is always such a pleasure to drink. On top of that, it smells amazing. This will probably be a favorite as the weather warms up as it is just so fresh tasting that it really seems like a Spring tea.

Another one from VariaTEA and man…this one smells AMAAAAZING! I really do like this one a LOT. I really need to get around to a camelia Sinesis order because i’ve had a few now and they are pretty solidly good teas. :) This isn’t a floral blend…it’s just fruity and tasty and delicious…even though it’s not a black tea ;)

Dexter

Thumbs up for Camellia Sinensis and thumbs up for this tea. :))

VariaTEA

I am glad you liked this as well. I also am not a huge fan of greens/whites but this is definitely a tasty cup. I am not sure what the shipping for Camellia Sinensis is but I will be back in Toronto in April and can bring some back with me. Especially as it is literally a block from my house. Just pm me if you are ever interested.

nice! it’s 50% free across canada but i will for sure keep that in mind. I mean, on the other hand i am also up for any excuse to road trip to montreal as well haha

Ysaurella

the tea name is so lovely, so romantic , so Frenchy Chinese

Tea Sipper

This IS very tasty smelling!

This one was from VariaTEA and it’s so amazing and tasty and refreshing. I need to try more from this company!

It’s a white tea, and yes. I think I can detect the base below all those fresh fruity flavours. The base is slightly earthier and provides a nice balance. The rhubarb and strawberry are the most noticeable fruit flavours but I could just sit and sip this one for ages based on that alone.

I don’t drink many whites, but I can tell this blend was done right.

Thank you!

2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
VariaTEA

This is the one white I really love as well. My roommate did well when picking flavors. She grabbed a bunch I would not have gotten myself and I ended up really enjoying all of them.

i REALLY liked this one too and that’s rare in a white for me heh

VariaTEA

Yay! I am glad it has been a success. I think that is why I sent it to you guys. It is one of the few whites I found that I really enjoy.

Cavocorax

:) Thanks again. It was really surprising!

This lovely blend is thanks to Dexter3657! Wow do the leaves smell SO refreshing, bright and fruity. So many fruits in this blend! I knew I had to choose this tea while I was thirsty. And I’ve been sipping way too many black teas lately!

Steep #1 // 3 min // 45 min after the water has boiled
The flavor is as amazing as the fragrance. The white tea definitely is the first to the forefront. It’s nice that the fruit didn’t overpower the white tea. I’m not tasting any rhubarb but I can see where the other fruits make themselves mildly known. I’m getting hints of lemon, pear, cherry, and pineapple… hints but they are there like they combine to make a new fruit. The steep color is bright yellow.

Steep #2 // 3-4 min // half hour after boiling
Another gorgeous, tasty cup! I actually see a big chunk of cherry in the infuser! There are some definite fruity white blends lacking in my cupboard! I love this one. I’m honored I was able to try it!

VariaTEA

My roommate bought me this for Hanukkah. It is so awesome.

this is a poignant paper umbrella!

a graceful gift from the brilliant VariaTea…..

this tea is velvet sadness. a paper umbrella driven outside by circumstance into a rainstorm, facing uncertainty. how is a paper umbrella to handle the onslaught of water? the rhubarb is a bitter stab of upset softened by the strawberry strands of optimism.

ombrelle de papier is whisked out the door under an impetus of regret, cushioned by the unconditional love of strawberry, padded by the dissolving paper umbrella structure of beautiful white tea.

magnificent. a story. poignant. although all the fruit is red i see it in my head as blue. bright and sprightly, but somehow tragic.

i am a ham. =0/

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
mj

I love this review!

JustJames

sometimes i taste scenes in a tea…. when they are truly amazing. =0)

Skye Comstock

breathtaking review!! Now I want to try it!

JustJames

it was lovely….. i am sipping away blends, if i knock my collection down far enough i may buy myself some, lol.

I love this tea. It’s on the must restock list.
Light fruity on a really nice white base – what’s not to love?

Okay, cold brewed? Wow! This is really good as a cold brewed tea! It is bright, fruity, citrusy and delicious. There is a lot of lemon grass that takes over this cup and it reminds me of two other teas that it is very similar too that I also enjoyed! I’m liking it!

Thanks again VariaTEA!

VariaTEA

Glad you liked it. I am excited to get back to trying more samples once my exam is finished.

Dustin

Good luck on that exam! That is once nice thing about my jewelry classes… no exams!

Last tea of the night; and yeah I know I made six cups at once (shhhh, I do not have a problem) but this actually truly was the last of the night because it’s the last of those six cups that I finished – not because it was bad or anything, but because I knew this was one that would still be very good once it had gone cold, so I didn’t feel rushed to slurp it all down.

Tonight all the fruits in this really, really stood out on their own; like more so than usual, and especially after it had gone cold. The star was the very plump, ripe tasting strawberry in this but it was accented magnificently by the tropical tasting pineapples and the bright, sweet cherries and rhubarb. I even tasted the pear and lemon myrtle, both of which I find normally get lost under all the other amazing, contributing fruits.

It was like a cup of very fresh fruit salad! Or mixed fruit pie filling…

Delicious!

I put the tin away in my closet, but I feel like I may have to bring it right back out again; the one is calling out to me, telling me I better cold brew it sooner rather than later and I really don’t think I can argue with it.

This is surprisingly tasty. I say surprisingly, cause I did not expect it to be so tasty. “Ombrelle de papier” evokes something fragile, shy, and innocent.

This tea is bold and fruity, despite its white base. I brewed all at once the big sample Dexter3657 sent me. She wrote that it had a hint of rhubarb so it fitted my likings. Well she was right, it does (I love rhubarb!!) But pineapple and rhubarb, who would have thought? I started having it hot, but as it was cooling down, I got the impression this would be better cold. So I put my mason jar mug in the fridge and got busy…

We’ve had a tremendous amount of snow here in the last two days. Winter is not ending, it’s still very cold on top of things.

I’ve had a lot to deal with for many months now, health and emotional issues. Still not over. All those circumstances have made me tired and lazy. I haven’t worked out in a long time, putting it off until I feel better or waiting for more clement weather. Excuses, really. I know I’m tougher than that. Weather issues? Really Fairy??? How bout having access to a full gym…downstair in the basement! What’s your excuse now? Pain, fatigue? Some people train with serious injuries, some have serious handicaps and still train… So there. No more excuses.

I used to find relief and pleasure in exercise not so long ago. In a few weeks, I know I’ll
be back on my bike, ready to ride, but I have to get back in shape first. So today was the day. Treadmill, spin session, and Pilates recliner.

Lol, all with moderation of course, I do have to be able to walk tomorrow! It feels so good right now, I got the fix of endorphins I’ve been craving so much, and mostly, I feel proud of myself, something I haven’t felt in way too long. Yay for me :-)

Time try this iced tea! So good, juicy and quenching, my training tea of the day!

Glad you liked it.

Look at you go!!! WOW, that’s great that you are feeling better and getting those endorphins working for you. Yes all in moderation, but be proud of every little step forward. :))

TheTeaFairy

Thanks, Nike has this one right, feels good to Just do it ;-)

Ysaurella

bravo Mme la fée du thé :) take care

Ok, ok, I lied. I’ll have a white or green tea tonight. This one is from VariaTEA. :)

Basically it was an “Anything that smells amazing!” choice. As long as “anything” wasn’t a black or oolong.

So this. Dry, it smells like fruit candy. Mmm.

Steeped (for 5 mintues!!), it smells like fruity candy plus tea.

This is really good! I don’t specifically get rhubarb and pineapple, but I do get tea and fruit and sweet-with-a-little-tart. Really nice balance. I wonder how this is iced, or cold steeped. Hmm…

(2-2.5 tsp per 14 oz)

Dexter

I love this one – happy you are enjoying it too. (It’s really good cold steeped…)

OMGsrsly

Good to know. Now to decide whether to put it on tonight, or to wait… I’ll put a cold steep on tonight. :)

VariaTEA

Yay! I am glad you liked it.