Ombrelle de Papier

White Tea
Dill, Fruity, Hay, Musty, Pineapple, Strawberry, Tart, Rhubarb
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From Camellia Sinensis

Exuberant, intoxicating, it stays in your mouth like a happy song that does not want to leave. Composed of white tea with fresh flavors of pineapple and rhubarb, it sharpens the mind like a first day of spring.

Ingredients : white tea, green tea, pineapple, lemongrass, raspberry leaves, morello cherry, sunflower petals, lemon myrtle, rhubarb, strawberry, pear

About Camellia Sinensis View company

This is such a light and fruity tea that it is always such a pleasure to drink. On top of that, it smells amazing. This will probably be a favorite as the weather warms up as it is just so fresh tasting that it really seems like a Spring tea.

Another one from VariaTEA and man…this one smells AMAAAAZING! I really do like this one a LOT. I really need to get around to a camelia Sinesis order because i’ve had a few now and they are pretty solidly good teas. :) This isn’t a floral blend…it’s just fruity and tasty and delicious…even though it’s not a black tea ;)

Thumbs up for Camellia Sinensis and thumbs up for this tea. :))

I am glad you liked this as well. I also am not a huge fan of greens/whites but this is definitely a tasty cup. I am not sure what the shipping for Camellia Sinensis is but I will be back in Toronto in April and can bring some back with me. Especially as it is literally a block from my house. Just pm me if you are ever interested.

nice! it’s 50% free across canada but i will for sure keep that in mind. I mean, on the other hand i am also up for any excuse to road trip to montreal as well haha

the tea name is so lovely, so romantic , so Frenchy Chinese

This IS very tasty smelling!

This one was from VariaTEA and it’s so amazing and tasty and refreshing. I need to try more from this company!

It’s a white tea, and yes. I think I can detect the base below all those fresh fruity flavours. The base is slightly earthier and provides a nice balance. The rhubarb and strawberry are the most noticeable fruit flavours but I could just sit and sip this one for ages based on that alone.

I don’t drink many whites, but I can tell this blend was done right.

Thank you!

2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

This is the one white I really love as well. My roommate did well when picking flavors. She grabbed a bunch I would not have gotten myself and I ended up really enjoying all of them.

i REALLY liked this one too and that’s rare in a white for me heh

Yay! I am glad it has been a success. I think that is why I sent it to you guys. It is one of the few whites I found that I really enjoy.

:) Thanks again. It was really surprising!

Additional notes: Sad sipdown! I LOVED my sample of this one. One of my favorite white tea blends. Now if only the tea brand/shop wasn’t the name for the tea leaf, maybe I could actually find their website…

nevermind, I found the site by searching for the tea name but my virus scanner says it’s an unsafe site.

Aw, that’s no good! :(

I’ve bought from them several times including recently – I’m not sure why your virus scanner would warn you about their site. One of my favorite tea companies and I would absolutely recommend them…..

Yes, you are the one who sent this over Dexter! :D Thanks for the link – I will definitely be ordering from them at some point.

Roswell Strange

I’ve also ordered from them on multiple occasions (in fact, I have two orders incoming right now), and only have good things to say about the company! When you get to ordering, I’m sure you’ll love whatever you decide on :)

Another Camellia Sinensis tea sample from Roswell Strange! This is another of their flavored teas that I’ve been curious about for a while now. I’m also happy to get to try some higher quality flavored white teas, as crappy white teas can be some of the worst offenders. The dry leaf is sort of odd-looking, the white tea looks much browner than I’m used to, almost as if it’s been roasted. There are also some flower petals and pieces of dried fruit mixed in. Dry scent is tart and fruity.

I can smell pineapple the most in the steeped tea, with a bit of strawberry jam in the background. Huh, this is odd. For some reason, I’m finding that this has a distinct dill-like flavor. The white tea base also has a bit of mustiness to it which isn’t entirely pleasant. The fruit flavors come out more strongly at the end of the sip, especially the pineapple and the strawberry. Overall, it’s okay but a bit odd…

Flavors: Dill, Fruity, Hay, Musty, Pineapple, Strawberry, Tart

The white tea base could be white peony…that tea sometimes has an odd mustiness.

I’m sipping this one right now! I love it and I’d love to buy it, but trying to get to CS’s site always tells me it’s a security/virus risk. :/

this is a poignant paper umbrella!

a graceful gift from the brilliant VariaTea…..

this tea is velvet sadness. a paper umbrella driven outside by circumstance into a rainstorm, facing uncertainty. how is a paper umbrella to handle the onslaught of water? the rhubarb is a bitter stab of upset softened by the strawberry strands of optimism.

ombrelle de papier is whisked out the door under an impetus of regret, cushioned by the unconditional love of strawberry, padded by the dissolving paper umbrella structure of beautiful white tea.

magnificent. a story. poignant. although all the fruit is red i see it in my head as blue. bright and sprightly, but somehow tragic.

i am a ham. =0/

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I love this review!

sometimes i taste scenes in a tea…. when they are truly amazing. =0)

Skye Comstock

breathtaking review!! Now I want to try it!

it was lovely….. i am sipping away blends, if i knock my collection down far enough i may buy myself some, lol.

I love this tea. It’s on the must restock list.
Light fruity on a really nice white base – what’s not to love?

Okay, cold brewed? Wow! This is really good as a cold brewed tea! It is bright, fruity, citrusy and delicious. There is a lot of lemon grass that takes over this cup and it reminds me of two other teas that it is very similar too that I also enjoyed! I’m liking it!

Thanks again VariaTEA!

Glad you liked it. I am excited to get back to trying more samples once my exam is finished.

Good luck on that exam! That is once nice thing about my jewelry classes… no exams!

Last tea of the night; and yeah I know I made six cups at once (shhhh, I do not have a problem) but this actually truly was the last of the night because it’s the last of those six cups that I finished – not because it was bad or anything, but because I knew this was one that would still be very good once it had gone cold, so I didn’t feel rushed to slurp it all down.

Tonight all the fruits in this really, really stood out on their own; like more so than usual, and especially after it had gone cold. The star was the very plump, ripe tasting strawberry in this but it was accented magnificently by the tropical tasting pineapples and the bright, sweet cherries and rhubarb. I even tasted the pear and lemon myrtle, both of which I find normally get lost under all the other amazing, contributing fruits.

It was like a cup of very fresh fruit salad! Or mixed fruit pie filling…

I put the tin away in my closet, but I feel like I may have to bring it right back out again; the one is calling out to me, telling me I better cold brew it sooner rather than later and I really don’t think I can argue with it.

2029 tasting notes

Ok, ok, I lied. I’ll have a white or green tea tonight. This one is from VariaTEA. :)

Basically it was an “Anything that smells amazing!” choice. As long as “anything” wasn’t a black or oolong.

So this. Dry, it smells like fruit candy. Mmm.

Steeped (for 5 mintues!!), it smells like fruity candy plus tea.

This is really good! I don’t specifically get rhubarb and pineapple, but I do get tea and fruit and sweet-with-a-little-tart. Really nice balance. I wonder how this is iced, or cold steeped. Hmm…

(2-2.5 tsp per 14 oz)

I love this one – happy you are enjoying it too. (It’s really good cold steeped…)

Good to know. Now to decide whether to put it on tonight, or to wait… I’ll put a cold steep on tonight. :)

Yay! I am glad you liked it.