La Cremes des Earl Grey

Edit tea info Last updated by Lala

• “From the Great Canadian TTB. I am not sure if this was meant to be. I could not, for the life of me, find this tea on steepster, I also had trouble finding it on the Camellia Sinensis website. ...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 771 tasting notes
  • “This is it, my winning Earl Grey Creme. No doubt there are plenty I haven't tried, but no need to move on from here. The dry leaf smells like a fruity marshmallow, then brews up to a...” Read full tasting note
    Flowery 142 tasting notes

From Camellia Sinensis

A rich blend of Sri Lankan black tea, bergamot and vanilla, decorated with cornflower petal.

About Camellia Sinensis View company

From the Great Canadian TTB.

I am not sure if this was meant to be. I could not, for the life of me, find this tea on steepster, I also had trouble finding it on the Camellia Sinensis website. So I added it. So this note might be in the wrong place. I am not sure what’s going on at the moment. Its supposed to blizzard today, it hasn’t started storming yet, but my boss called me and told me to just stay home today so I don’t get storm stayed anywhere. So now I am a bit out of sorts because I am ready to go but no where to go. I don’t like it when my schedule it all messed up. HA. I shouldn’t be complaining, its basically a paid day to stay home and drink tea all day :D

This tea smells strongly of vanilla. The brewed tea is a light black base, but the bergamot is moderately strong. There is definitely a strong caramel and vanilla flavour. As it cools, the caramel is getting quite bitter. But while hot, it was super delicious.

K S

I remember many a morning where my wife would stand between me and the door and beg me not to go. My boss was not as concerned with the safety of his employees as yours. Stay warm, safe, and full of tea.

Lala

Thanks KS. Because I sometimes have to travel for work, one of the conditions in my contract is if the roads are bad I do not have to go and I still get paid for a “snow day”, if I would get storm stayed my work would pay for a hotel. My bosses are awesome that they are concerned about me travelling. I am the type of person that will always try to go though, so I think my boss woke up this early morning just to text me not to go. The weather people have been forecasting a blizzard for about 4 days now. (Because I didn’t go to work, it probably won’t happen though).

MissLena

Lucky! I am at work..not sure how I will get home, it’s snowing and blowing and nasty here..supposed to get up to 30 cm of snow! :( if it’s coming your way, watch out!

tigress_al

wow, that is awesome that you have such a considerate boss!

This is it, my winning Earl Grey Creme. No doubt there are plenty I haven’t tried, but no need to move on from here. The dry leaf smells like a fruity marshmallow, then brews up to a well-balanced, creamy, fruity, floral Earl Grey. The base tea is Celyon but not one of the tangiest – still, a nice offset to the creaminess. It has none of the chemical notes that can put me off some Earl Greys.