Des Roses et Des Bonbons

Cherry, Floral, Guava, Perfume, Rose, Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “I am heading over to Camellia Sinensis on Friday to get some of this and Ombrelle de Papier for *Roswell Strange* (if anyone else would like me to pick up anything for them while I am there, feel...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1879 tasting notes
  • “i'm not sure how i feel about this one VariaTEA! It's tasty..but it makes my nose sniffle. I suspect that's the rose. So i drank it..and enjoyed it but i kept sneezing...and then sniffling. ...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4840 tasting notes
  • “This smells so good! Fruity candy deliciousness. It smells like something I've sniffed recently, too. IDK what though. I'm really getting cherry from it. Oh wow, this tastes so good! For me,...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1424 tasting notes
  • “Thank you, *VariaTEA*, for letting me try this tea :) The aroma and flavor remind me so much of some sweets from my childhood. I can't remember what it was exactly, but I think it was,...” Read full tasting note
    poziomka 213 tasting notes

From Camellia Sinensis

A sweet feast of blended Black Teas, cherry and guava, sprinkled with rose petals. A visit to the candy shop in every cup!

Ingredients : black tea, cherry, guava, cacao beans, rose petals, sunflower petals.

About Camellia Sinensis View company

I am heading over to Camellia Sinensis on Friday to get some of this and Ombrelle de Papier for Roswell Strange (if anyone else would like me to pick up anything for them while I am there, feel free to let me know before then). Since I am running low on this, I decided to have a cup to see if I still really love it so I could decide if I wanted 25g, 50g, or 100g. Sipping on it now, I am thinking 100g all the way, especially because I will be moving away from the store soon :(. It tastes exactly like what the name suggests, candy and roses, and it is delicious.

Roswell Strange

I currently have a cup of this steeping, so I can tell you how much to pick up :P

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

VariaTEA

Haha, of course you do. If we didn’t have the same tea at the same time every few weeks, I would be concerned we were losing our edge.

Oooor…order less so you’re closer to free shipping threshold when you get here and place joint orders with us! Hahahaha

VariaTEA

It is around the corner from me so no shipping, just shopping and the potential for tasty treats. Plus I can get smaller amounts if I go in. I can also hand deliver teas to you when I come home thus shipping for you either :P

VariaTEA

thus no shipping for you

Roswell Strange

Ok, I’m thinking 50g. It’s very “yum” but not very, very “yum” ;)

VariaTEA

Haha, np. 50g it is and 25g of Ombrelle, right?

Yes please :)

i’m not sure how i feel about this one VariaTEA! It’s tasty..but it makes my nose sniffle. I suspect that’s the rose. So i drank it..and enjoyed it but i kept sneezing…and then sniffling. soooo yeah. lol that’s my story.

VariaTEA

Oh no. I did not mean to irritate your nose. I only wanted to share a tasty tea. At least the sample wasn’t so big.

haha it was a tasty tea…my nose just went all sniffly on me :)

Yvonne

Still sounds delicious!

VariaTEA

Maybe because it is pretty heavily scented. Your nose was overwhelmed :P

i just had a mental picture of a tea monster made of loose wet tea jumping out of my cup and leaping at my nose….

VariaTEA

Well now I have that image in my mind and I am laughing out loud…in my room…all alone…still in my batman onesie. So I probably look rather psychotic.

HAHAHAHA i totally just read that as BANANA onesie… so um yeah….

VariaTEA

hahahaha that might actually be even better. Or we could combine the two and create the onesie version of this: http://skreened.com/wellthatsjustsuper/batman-banana-2605089

bwahahahahaha

Cavocorax

Oh, I want a batman banana onesie! It’d be really hilarious.

yeah but i want TK to wear it.. complete with the banana top coming off her head.

Terri HarpLady

Awww, that banana costume is adorable :)

This smells so good! Fruity candy deliciousness. It smells like something I’ve sniffed recently, too. IDK what though.

I’m really getting cherry from it.

Oh wow, this tastes so good! For me, it is verging on perfume, but it doesn’t really matter because it’s tasty.

Thanks so much, VariaTEA! I definitely need to keep this company in mind. :)

VariaTEA

Yay! I really like this one too.

OMGsrsly

This reminds me of those flower flavoured breath ‘mints’. Now I’m hoping the Violet S&V Fjellrev sent me tastes like the violet ones.

VariaTEA

I have never had those before.

OMGsrsly

My gramma used to talk about them all the time and I found some at Whole Foods. :)

oddree

Ooh flowers! I need to go to Whole Foods and check them out :)

OMGsrsly

I’m in Canada. :) No idea if they’ll have them in the States.

oddree

looks Oh yes you are! Vancouver – I’m jealous… and you’re lucky :)

Thank you, VariaTEA, for letting me try this tea :)

The aroma and flavor remind me so much of some sweets from my childhood. I can’t remember what it was exactly, but I think it was, surprisingly, some hard candy! Very unusual flavor combination, I haven’t experienced these notes in any ther tea. It is kind of similar to MF’s Marco Polo in that respect. Because it’s so unique.

There’s rose in it but kind of… fruitified. More like rosehips? Also a note of caramel… But there’s also some balanced citrus in here! Very interesting.

VariaTEA

Yay for Des Roses et Des Bonbons! I am glad you liked it. One of my favs :).

Also, it reminded OMGsrsly of a certain candy too

Kat_Maria

I guess this tea is designed to bring out some forgotten candy notes from the depths of one’s memory!

Haha maybe.

Roswell Strange

Reminds me of candy too; though I’m thinking more those almost fizzy sweet hearts, not a hard candy. The Sweet Hearts were like a dense powder/tablet.

Thanks to VariaTEA for sharing some of this with me! The name instantly grabbed my attention, and I was hoping for Turkish Delight or something along those lines. And it basically is. First sip was candied rose, but the more sips I took, the more the cherry came out.

The base is a little on the dry side but I like it here. The only drawback is the more you sip on it, the more the cherry starts to morph into a cherry cough syrup note. Part of me still wants more, and this reminds me of how I’ve been meaning to order from this company for quite a while. Despite the cough syrup note, I can still see myself enjoying this every once in a while.

VariaTEA

I think this is my favorite tea from them (or maybe Ombrelle de Papier?) so I am glad you enjoyed it.

ombrelle! i vote for that one! not this one! blaaaaa

VariaTEA

Haha I still have both in my cupboard. Plus I was nice and tossed some Ombrelle de Papier into the TTB. I am spreading the love :)

Fjellrev

Oh yeah, I was eyeing that one when I was browsing the site. Sounds great too. Their herbals look very unique too.

TheTeaFairy

Love Camellia Sinensis, their store in Montreal is fabulous! They used to have close to no flavoured teas at all but they’ve expanding that part of the business. And they have some of the best quality straight teas I’ve had.
Damn cough syrup though, I really hope Stacy can come up with a decent cherry tea soon, I’m this close to ask for a custom blend…wonder why it’s so difficult to render properly…

Fjellrev

I’m glad they’re adding they’re expanding the flavoured tea section. And I’m stumped on the cherry too. This got even more cough syrupy as it cooled, unfortunately. Stacy ought to take a stab at it, for sure!

VariaTEA

I don’t get cough syrup from this but I tend to drink it pretty fast.

After this morning/early afternoon I didn’t get in a ton of tea drinking. I decided I was going to take advantage of my day off and, now that I have some money do my grocery shopping. I ended up going shopping with my friend Kristina and she helped me carry all my groceries home.

As a thank you for that, and because my grocery budget was more than enough to cover what I bought, I ordered in pizza for the two of us and we spent the last few hours watching Netflix comedy specials. The only “tea” I had in that time frame was a can of Nestea’s Iced Tea (which is super sugared) since it came with the pizza.

Now I’m having this lovely, highly delightful black blend courtesy of the lovely VariaTEA who is going to pick me up an additional 50g of it before she leaves Montreal. I wanted to have a cup of her sample sooner, rather than later, so I could let her know how much to get me.

I’m wowed by how amazing and candy like the cherry in this is; it’s totally familiar and nostalgic, and yet I feel like it’s unique and true to only this tea as well. Definitely very amazing! And then, the super subtle floral edge of this makes it that much more interesting and very dynamic and fun. Lots going on with this one; but not in a way that’s too crowded or competing!

Really happy to currently have more and be getting even more!