Nan Mei Wild Tree

Honey, Nutmeg, Orange Zest
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Lee

1 Tasting Note View all

• “From Nan Mei Valley, Lincang Region, China. Absolutely Gorgeous, spicy-scented, velvety-soft, wild downy buds. Brewed Western style at 165F. I tasted this at five minutes and it was starting to...” Read full tasting note
    Lee 248 tasting notes

From Camellia Sinensis

Plucked from wild tea trees in the Nan Mei valley in the Lincang region, these young silver buds promise an amazing experience for all white tea enthusiasts. Grassy and peppery fragrances emanate from the infusion and its silky smooth liquor is citrusy, a characteristic flavour of wild tea. The minty finish is pleasant and refreshing.

About Camellia Sinensis View company

1 Tasting Note

From Nan Mei Valley, Lincang Region, China.
Absolutely Gorgeous, spicy-scented, velvety-soft, wild downy buds.
Brewed Western style at 165F. I tasted this at five minutes and it was starting to gain some lovely flavor so I steeped it for a total of 7 minutes.
The liquor is spicy-scented with notes of citrus, fresh-grated nutmeg (which is lighter and more fresh than already grated jarred nutmeg).
These wild whites are some of my favorites!!!!!!!!!!!!! So cool in appearance, scent, and of course taste!!!!
Brewed, the wet buds take on a deeper green color with accents of brown on the edges and a spicier scent.
The flavor is honey, fresh nutmeg, touches of orange zest. Very fresh and delicious. I love these wild whites in the morning, so cleansing and delicious!!!

Second Steeping – this has one more brew in it and I steeped for same temp and amount of time and it still tastes lovely!!

8/20/14
I have been aging this one and I brewed some Western style today at 165F for 5 minutes. Boy has this progressed well! It is sweeter and creamier. The spice notes are still present but it is getting a great mouthfeel and more depth. Love!
I live in a very dry climate so this one is aging well for me.

Flavors: Honey, Nutmeg, Orange Zest

boychik

Do they suggest such long steep times? I would never steep that long.

Lee

Yes and at such a low temp you bring out flavor.

Lee

The wild buds are huskier

Lee

Very light and subtle flavor,,,white tea lovers will like.

Interesting…

boychik

Have you tried more leaves higher temps and very short steeps?

Lee

No I do not do higher temps on white tea that is no no to me