Assam Banaspaty

Honey, Malt, Baked Bread, Orange Zest
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

• “I had two pots of this tea this morning! I tried it a while ago and now I have ordered more and it's still as perfect. This is an A+ assam: perfect maltiness and honey notes. I steep it for 10 min...” Read full tasting note
    Cachou972 17 tasting notes
  • “This is my go to tea, it is the one I drink every morning! It is brisk in the cup with a rich malty flavour. its perfect with a splash of milk and never disappoints. ” Read full tasting note
    khsine 2 tasting notes
  • “Assam Banaspaty from the plains of Assam, Banaspaty garden. India. The dry leaf smells like malt and cacao beans. They are tiny dark black-brown twisty threads but broken into halves and tiny...” Read full tasting note
    Lee 249 tasting notes

From Camellia Sinensis

From the vast plains of Assam, the Banaspaty garden offers us this tea with uniform and slightly broken leaves. Its liquor is straightforward and full-bodied with aromas typical of tobacco, malt and fruit (prunes). With or without a cloud of milk! A comforting tea for mornings or dessert.

About Camellia Sinensis View company

I had two pots of this tea this morning! I tried it a while ago and now I have ordered more and it’s still as perfect. This is an A+ assam: perfect maltiness and honey notes. I steep it for 10 min to make sure I drain all the flavours from it and it’s not even a tad bitter. Perfect with milk and brown sugar.

Flavors: Honey, Malt

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 20 OZ / 600 ML

Assam Banaspaty from the plains of Assam, Banaspaty garden. India.
The dry leaf smells like malt and cacao beans. They are tiny dark black-brown twisty threads but broken into halves and tiny bits. There are a few blonde ones mixed in too.
I steeped this at 200F for 3 minutes. It created a deep red liquor with scents of malt and hints of orange.
The wet leaves look like chopped reddish brown fall leaves and smell like baked brown bread.
The flavor is good. It has a touch of astringency from a taste like orange zest but just a touch,,, not overbearing at all and would be good for people who add a splash of milk. I love this tea, it really tastes like malt and orange zest. Delicious.

I added some of my homemade almond milk to this and it is heavenly!!!! I see this as a good base for when I make Chai since it has that orange hint in there and blends with milk.
____________________________________________________________________________
7/19/14
Having a bit of this today with milk. Bold, citrus, malt, good.
____________________________________________________________________________
7/31/14
Having a cup with milk in it. It needs the milk and can take sugar too though I didn’t put any.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Malt, Orange Zest