Man Lou Xiang

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Dorothy
195 °F / 90 °C 3 oz / 90 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Just ordered some new 2014 teas from Camellia Sinensis, this is the first one I decided to try. First steep struck me as very crisp and refreshing (didn't expect that). With subtle buttery and...” Read full tasting note
    DMTea 312 tasting notes

From Camellia Sinensis

These fascinating large, green leaves and scattered stems are of rustic style from lightweight rolling! The method of drying by lyophilization is also surprising since instead of using heat, the leaves are frozen (-35 ° C) and freeze dried by sublimation at low pressure.

The infusion deploys intense floral and vegetal aromas evocative of jasmine. Its light yellow liquor is bright and mineral supported by its sweet and fruity (mandarin) aftertaste of an exquisite depth. With a long lasting after taste, this tea is at once both light and vibrant.

About Camellia Sinensis View company

1 Tasting Note

First steep struck me as very crisp and refreshing (didn’t expect that). With subtle buttery and vegetal flavours, also a bit of sweetness, spice (cinnamon).

Second steep brought out a floral flavour (jasmine) and a nice velvety texture to the tea liquor.

Finally on the third steep the terroir came out. I expected to taste it a lot sooner, but I might just need to change the tea amount/steep time a bit.

Fourth through sixth steeps were consistent on the flavour. Overall they were a nice balance of the previous cups but still light as opposed to strong/bold on the flavour. I decided to stop on the sixth steep because the dryness was starting to dominate the mouth feel.

My expectations were met with this tea, but I still feel that some changes to the tea parameters (amount and steep time) might yield better results. I’m looking forward to many more short steep sessions to get my perfect cup of tea.

Tea steeped: rinse, 30s, 45s, 1m, 1m 30s, 2m, 2m 30s.

195 °F / 90 °C 2 tsp 3 OZ / 90 ML