Taiwan Sun Moon Lake Assam (Competition Grade)

Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Backlog: I love, LOVE, love Cameron Tea. This company has some exceptional Taiwanese teas. I can't remember ever having a "Sun Moon Lake Assam" before, I've had Sun Moon Lake, and I've had...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4637 tasting notes

From Cameron

Sun Moon Lake is located at altitude of 700m, surrounded with mountains and lakes with remarkable environment and typical climate. Heavy moist and stable yearly average temperature make the tea trees grow thick and rich tea leaves which produce carmine and perfectly clear liquor.

About Cameron View company

1 Tasting Note

Backlog:

I can’t remember ever having a “Sun Moon Lake Assam” before, I’ve had Sun Moon Lake, and I’ve had Assam … but I don’t think I’ve had an Assam tea from Sun Moon Lake before. I was a little confused by it because Assam generally means Indian tea … so I guess this is called an Assam because it’s from the Assamica variety of the Camellia Sinensis?

Despite my confusion, this is a LOVELY tea. It’s not quite as “Assam-ish” as I might have expected, since when I think of Assam, I think bold, rich, malty, and sometimes bitter. This tastes more like the Sun Moon Lake than an Assam. Sweet, lighter in body than a typical Assam, but with notes that remind me of Assam. This is a pleasant harmony of both teas: malty notes, honeyed caramel, cacao, earth and leather.

A warm and cozy kind of tea for the mornings when you don’t have to kick it into gear right away, you have time to lounge around in your bunny slippers and fluffy robe and enjoy a lovely cuppa.

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/05/10/taiwan-sun-moon-lake-assam-black-tea-competition-grade-from-cameron-tea/