Green Tea Ginger Ale

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Dinosara

1 Tasting Note View all

• “When I first saw this bottle in the store I thought it was just a bottled green tea produced by Canada Dry, and I wasn't very interested. But then I looked closer today at the airport and saw that...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1913 tasting notes

From Canada Dry

Product description not available yet.

About Canada Dry View company

1 Tasting Note

1913 tasting notes

When I first saw this bottle in the store I thought it was just a bottled green tea produced by Canada Dry, and I wasn’t very interested. But then I looked closer today at the airport and saw that it was actually green tea ginger ale. Well, that changes everything! I like ginger ale, and I like green tea, and I’ve never heard of them together before. Plus, this would be like a tea soda, which was also intriguing.

I continued to be pleasantly surprised, as this is actually a very tasty bottle of soda. The green tea and ginger notes are well balanced, nice and light, neither is overpowering or artificial tasting. It’s also not super super sweet, which is suprising for a soda. I mean, it’s sweet, definitely, but not cloyingly so. I’m really enjoying this and wish I could find it in the states, where it almost certainly not available.

Infusin_Susan

Where did you find this? In Canada? It sounds good!

momo

Not exactly the same, but Harney & Sons carries a jasmine green tea ginger ale. A restaurant near my school has the bottles, so I tried it there and it was pretty amazing: http://www.harney.com/results.cfm?secondary=1050

LiberTEAS

I’ve found this in the grocery store in the US.

Dylan Oxford

I actually had that jasmine green tea ginger ale at a local food truck not too long ago. It was… decent, but disturbing? There was like an inch thick layer of sediment on the bottom. Presumably the one I got wasn’t so fresh.

Dinosara

Well I’ll have to keep my eye out for both this and the Harney version, though I’ve never seen Harney bottled teas anywhere around me (besides if I make a trip to the Harney Soho store). I’m also wondering if the version of the Canada Dry in the states is a US version (ie, with HFCS), or if it’s sugar sweetened like the Canadian one.

Alphakitty

This is available seasonally (Christmastime) in the US, I get about 10 bottles every year and drink them way too fast. It is so refreshing!

DaisyChubb

Looove this one when I’m sick! And when I’m not! Good find :)