Arya Emerald 2nd Flush Green Darjeeling

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Pamela Dean

1 Tasting Note View all

• “My first ever green darjeeling, and boy this tea is good stuff! I'm comparing this tea to a yellow gold, or any other green oolong tea. I know its a green tea, but the creaminess and freshness...” Read full tasting note
    darky 110 tasting notes

From Canton Tea Co

Green Darjeeling tea is a rare and delightful treat.. This one from the Arya estate in Darjeeling is delicious and rivals many of the best Chinese green teas.

The leaves are small and delicate; a mix of gold and sea green leaves with small downy buds that respond well to a cooler brewing temperature and shorter steeping time. Once brewed, the clean light liquor gives off a wonderfully floral and fruity aroma. The taste evokes plump, juicy fruits: a subtle pear and grape note that lingers long on the palate.

Country India
Tea Farm Arya Estate, Darjeeling, India
Harvest Date Summer 2011
Leaf Appearance Small twisted dark and light green leaves and silver furry tips
Aroma Light, steamed green leafy vegetables
Liquor Bright clear green
Tasting Notes Vegetal sweetness with delicate hints of pear and grape and a subtle caramel finish

Quick Brewing Instructions Use 1tsp per cup (200ml); water temperature around 70°C (158°F): and infuse 1-2 mins.

About Canton Tea Co View company

Canton Tea Co is a London-based tea company trading in high grade, whole leaf Chinese tea. We have exclusive access to some of the best jasmine, white, green, oolong, black and authentic puerh teas available. In our first year, we scooped Six Golds at the 2009 Guild of Fine Food Great Taste Awards. Our Jasmine Pearls won the top three star gold award, endorsing it as the best available in the UK.

1 Tasting Note

My first ever green darjeeling, and boy this tea is good stuff!

I’m comparing this tea to a yellow gold, or any other green oolong tea. I know its a green tea, but the creaminess and freshness from these curled leafs are wonderful.

Sweet, light citrus in taste and a bit creamy… one off the best green tea’s i drank in recent times. Have to say that u can easily get 3 and if you brew long enough even a 4th cup out off one teaspoon of leafs.

I used a 2m15 sec brew time for my first cup, upping the brew time with 1min for each cup after that. The color of this brewed tea is a light green that gets a bit intenser in color after more cups and longer steep time. Only downside was that this tea is on the expensive side… but i had some luck i ordered this with canton’s sale a while back and i’m happy i had the opportunity to afford it.

Oh, btw i used a 70°c water temperature for all brews. Like recommended on the packing info.