Aged Tie Guan Yin

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Eric

From Canton Tea Co

This aged tea from 2007 is handmade on a traditional Anxi Farm in the Fujian Province. Heavily roasted, it has a deep, complex flavour that will please fans of Wuyi oolongs such as Da Hong Pao and Traditional Shui Xian. The initial rich sweet cocoa flavour develops into a long, lingering, dark fruit taste, with hints of toasted oats and cinnamon along the way.

About Canton Tea Co View company

Canton Tea Co is a London-based tea company trading in high grade, whole leaf Chinese tea. We have exclusive access to some of the best jasmine, white, green, oolong, black and authentic puerh teas available. In our first year, we scooped Six Golds at the 2009 Guild of Fine Food Great Taste Awards. Our Jasmine Pearls won the top three star gold award, endorsing it as the best available in the UK.

Nutty on the first taste with a hint of cinnamon and cocoa. It tastes quite thick and the cocoa flavour comes through more as I drink it. The toasted oats flavour also comes through and makes me crave crannachan. To be honest, I had been wondering what the flavour was and only really made the connection upon reading the tasting notes. Anyway, I have enjoyed this and the aftertaste is still there, lingering nicely on my tongue even five minutes after. This is not my favourite tea, but I could happily drink it when the mood takes me. It is complex and really requires time to savour and enjoy the full depth of it.

Oh yeah! I am really enjoying my Canton Tea Company club membership. I’m only two infusions in on this one. I love a good a heavily-roasted TGY, and I am really impressed with this ones complexity.

Maybe I’ll add more to this note later.

Smoky up front (and aroma). Really nice flavor that finishes with chocolate.