Jasmine Pearls

Green Herbal White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Ok so I have recovered from my bike injuries and as I was getting back to normal my cousin almost died on Friday night which has left me shocked and upset. He was drunk and punched a window which...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 987 tasting notes
  • “It's a good afternoon for the gentle enjoyment of jasmine pearls, and these are the real deal. Fragrant, juicy, naturally sweet, and lingering aftertaste without any astringency or bitterness. ...” Read full tasting note
    AdhamL 237 tasting notes
  • “I took about 10 "balls" or "pearls" and infused for about 6 minutes...I had an emergency and ended up drinking it iced instead. The COLD version of this - that I'm drinking right now - is LOVELY! ...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “These are really REALLY really good jasmine pearls when steeped just so. Still soft ... but oh so creamy and delicious, with a really nice jasmine note. Not at all perfume-y or chemical-y...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4231 tasting notes

From Canton Tea Co

Our handmade Jasmine Pearls won the top three star gold award at the most recent Guild of Fine Food Awards. Only 83 products out of 5,000 entries in all food and drink categories achieved three stars.
This is one of the few authentic Jasmine teas available in the UK and was made by our own supplier. It was independently blind-tasted and judged to be the better than any other Jasmine Pearls at the Great Taste Awards. The long silvery tea buds are hand-picked from the white tea varietal used for Silver Needle, but the leaves are processed as a green tea. Once picked, the buds are carefully stored for a few weeks until the Jasmine flowers blossom. They are very skilfully hand rolled into perfect spheres and layered over several nights with fresh Jasmine. Just a few pearls yield a highly fragrant liquor, bright with refreshing jasmine and sweet with the soft creamy undertones of the tea buds.

Many so-called Jasmine teas are artificially scented with oils and flavourings etc. Ours are completely natural and capture the delicacy of the Jasmine flower without overwhelming the sweet, creamy softness of the tea.

Great Taste Awards 2009/10 – Three Gold Stars

About Canton Tea Co View company

Canton Tea Co is a London-based tea company trading in high grade, whole leaf Chinese tea. We have exclusive access to some of the best jasmine, white, green, oolong, black and authentic puerh teas available. In our first year, we scooped Six Golds at the 2009 Guild of Fine Food Great Taste Awards. Our Jasmine Pearls won the top three star gold award, endorsing it as the best available in the UK.

I brewed three small pots of this between last night and this morning. The two pots I had last night were perfect. The flavor was light, and the grassiness had a sweet touch to it. The floral flavor was just right too, just enough to add to the overall flavor, but the tea didn’t taste overwhelmingly like flowers. This morning, all floral notes are gone, and the flavor of the tea is very flat. It’s more vegetal than sweet and grassy. I think this is mostly because of how I steeped the leaves. I put the leaves directly into the pot, so they probably steeped out sooner. I like watching the leaves unfold, so I really don’t want to use a filter basket, but maybe next time I’ll use a couple cups and pour out all the liquid between steepings. Overall, this was a huge improvement to steeping in my cast iron pot, which I think adds a bit of an edge to the lighter teas.

Review by Jamie: “My favorite type of tea (thus far) is white tea, more specifically, silver needle, so I was crazy excited to try this one. The only thing that made me hesitate was the fact that it was jasmine flavored. I like the smell of Jasmine but I don’t like teas that taste like perfume…”

Read the full review at: http://www.itsallabouttheleaf.com/701/tea-review-canton-tea-company-jasmine-pearls/

For this review I decided to brew this tea using a two-cup glass teapot. Canton Tea Co’s website suggests using 1 tsp of pearls per cup, which is difficult to estimate using pearls, so I believe I added about 35-40 of the small pearls to the teapot. Continuing to follow the directions, I steeped the pearls about three minutes, stopping to taste the tea after two minutes (the website had recommended 2-3 minutes).At two minutes, the taste really wasn’t very far developed, but I could already tell that this was one very sweet tea.
With the dry pearls, one could very much smell the jasmine, yet the scent was not overpowering, nor was it almost sickly-sweet, as some teas are that contain jasmine. The aroma of the brewed tea was even less bold and had an even softer nose, with only faint hints of jasmine.
Upon taking the first big sip, the tea flow smooth and thick across the tongue, and the fruity sweet taste of jasmine infiltrated my entire mouth. If a flower could be described as being delicious, this would be the epitome of such a description. The amount of jasmine is enough to lend great character to the tea, while not completely dominating it.
The website recommends steeping this for at least three separate infusions. I most certainly shall.
On my personal enjoyment scale, I rate this tea an 85/100.

Love the scent of this tea, so deep and intoxicating yet “natural”, not overpowering, differently from other jasmine teas I’ve tried (maybe they were artificially scented, with hindsight). The aroma is “sparkling” in the nose like a cup of champagne!

The flavour is more delicate yet lively: sweet and floral, with soft spring honey notes, like fresh dew that has dripped onto jasmine petals.
The gentle vegetal note of the tea buds is still present in the background: jasmine scent doesn’t outclass it.
Then I found a surprisingly wild fennel note around the third infusion: so fresh, almost balsamic in the mouth.

I used a level teaspoon of pearls for about 150ml of water.

Definitely a tea to try :-)

If you want to bring to life a warm spring day and a walk through the orchard blossoms start brewing. The smell and the taste are the same for this sexy Jasmine tea. I brewed a tea spoon of pearls in 8 oz at 165 F for 3 minutes…again and again. It’s mild and looks mostly clear with a hint of green, but carries a raw floral naturalistic note to it. The taste summed up, your mouth settles in a warm bed of blossoms. I could dare say it may have been kissed by the fairies. I’m new to the world of tea but by far this is one of my favorites and is worthy enough to be in your collection and served to any princesses that cross your path.

My usual supply of Jasmine Pearls are coming from Jing, but because i had a rather huge discount with canton tea i ordered them with them. The basics are the same authentic jasmine pearls without artificial flavors.

These Pearls are a little bit bigger then those from jing but they smell the same, intense floral and fresh. I’m using only a small teaspoon of pearls in my 270ml teapot and steep them for 2m30 sec (my new standard time for greens).

The first cup is lighter green then the one from jing, smells intense like jasmine (as expected) and is light and clean in taste. The green tea is less robust then i’m used to but the jasmine is sweet, i like my first cup but finding it a bit week.

The second cup is steeped for 3m and because the pearls are more unfurled and opened the color is a bit darker green and way more intense and robust in taste. This is by far a better cup of jasmine for my taste.

The third cup is holding on the same as the second, so this tea is very good but i’m not sure if i can choose between jing or canton, they are different but well… overall almost the same!