Jade Tips (Mao Jian)

Green Tea
Butter, Kale
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Edit tea info Last updated by adagio breeze

2 Images

From Canton Tea Co

This sweet green tea has a delicate flowery aroma and produces a shiny, pale greenish-yellow liquor. It has excellent clarity indicating a tea grown on a high mountain plantation. The mouth-feel is smooth and lively it tastes sweet and refreshing with a long lasting sweet “Hui Gan" (after taste).

About Canton Tea Co View company

Canton Tea Co is a London-based tea company trading in high grade, whole leaf Chinese tea. We have exclusive access to some of the best jasmine, white, green, oolong, black and authentic puerh teas available. In our first year, we scooped Six Golds at the 2009 Guild of Fine Food Great Taste Awards. Our Jasmine Pearls won the top three star gold award, endorsing it as the best available in the UK.

Smooth, buttery, spinachy, and slurpable, just the way I like my greens. A bit like the mao feng and jade cloud/cloud and mist specimens I’ve tasted, but there’s something about this one that I like even better. (This is the first mao jian I’ve tried, I believe, so my comparison may be lacking.) It’s a solid, unfussy tea that has lifted my spirits without having to pay very close attention to it. The fact that it tastes great even though it’s not super-fresh and I used hard unfiltered tap water makes me like it even more. At only £5 for 50 grams, I predict I’ll be buying more of this in the not too distant future.

Flavors: Butter, Kale