Tie Guan Yin (Iron Buddha)

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Lee

From Canton Tea Co

This classic Tie Guan Yin produces a delicious, light-coloured, medium-bodied liquor. The first infusion combines toasty, floral notes with a touch of honey and becomes more fruity with successive infusions.

The dark, lightly oxidised green leaves are rolled into small tight fists. The liquor is amber-green with a smooth, heavy texture on the tongue. The flowery and fruity profile of this tea has a touch of honey and at first releases the pleasant orchid notes – after a couple of brews it yields the soft fruitier notes and has a sweet long lasting after taste.

About Canton Tea Co View company

Canton Tea Co is a London-based tea company trading in high grade, whole leaf Chinese tea. We have exclusive access to some of the best jasmine, white, green, oolong, black and authentic puerh teas available. In our first year, we scooped Six Golds at the 2009 Guild of Fine Food Great Taste Awards. Our Jasmine Pearls won the top three star gold award, endorsing it as the best available in the UK.

My last 5g of this is being lovingly steeped in my Gongfu. This is their Autumn pickings and shall be a lovely breakfast treat this morning. :)

WOW!

This is FUN!!!!

It’s a Buttery Vegetable type smell BUT the taste is buttery THEN fruity and almost nutty. It has a sweet and buttery aftertaste. This is VERY smooth.

As it cools a little I can taste the ever so slight bit of natural-salt-like hint…it seems to fit in quite nicely tho! This is a FUN Oolong!

I was excited to try this tea, as I love oolongs, but I have to admit, I was a tad disappointed. The steeped tea smells like steamed vegetables. My grandma said she could smell privet bushes in the tea. The taste reminded me of leafy greens, like spinach, but it didn’t have much depth of flavour and it was really quite flat. I think my issue with this tea is that this is a fairly old sample. Perhaps fresher tea would yield a better flavour? I will hold off rating this one until I try it again with fresher tea, as I sense this has great potential.

only the highest grade will do… smells like butter it does!

Iron Buddha is an excellent standby oolong, chewy, greeny, oily, good mouthfeel, quick development, good taste that settles in your mouth and makes you want more. First rate for breakfast, and leaves a good taste in your mouth all the way to work.