yunnan black pearls

Edit tea info Last updated by darky

1 Tasting Note View all

• “With my last order from Canton Tea there was this little sample of yunnan black pearls included. I had it sitting here for a while now and my curiosity has taken the upper hand. Upon opening the...” Read full tasting note
    darky 108 tasting notes

From Canton Tea Co

Product description not available yet.

About Canton Tea Co View company

Canton Tea Co is a London-based tea company trading in high grade, whole leaf Chinese tea. We have exclusive access to some of the best jasmine, white, green, oolong, black and authentic puerh teas available. In our first year, we scooped Six Golds at the 2009 Guild of Fine Food Great Taste Awards. Our Jasmine Pearls won the top three star gold award, endorsing it as the best available in the UK.

1 Tasting Note

Upon opening the package i can smell a light malty typical yunnan flavor. I had yunnan tea’s before but that where usual loose tea’s, this is something different. The pearls as they are called are pretty big tea balls. Lets say about 1cm diameter max but most are a bit smaller. Its easy to measure in your teacup and the instructions note that i best use 2 balls for 250ml water. But i like my black tea strong so i’m using 3…

I’m using almost boiling water and a 3min infusion for my first cup. The little teaballs start to unfurl and bubble open pretty slowly and after a minute or so it increases it speed and starts getting alive. The balls turn out to be pretty large yunnan leafs, pretty tippy to. The color of the infusion is a hazy brown, not so dark then i expected but it smells good!

Tasting this tea reveals a slightly malt and spicy flavor that holds up pretty well, its surprisingly sweet and not bitter at all. I’m enjoying this and its easy to make because off the balls u just pick some out the package and are ready to go…

Overall not my most favorite yunnan but its a good quality