Boisahabi Estate Assam SFTGFOP1

Edit tea info Last updated by yyz

• “The dried tea smells like malt, or a little bit like feed mix you get for horses, which brings back old memories. The tea has short slightly flattened leaves liberally scattered with saffron...” Read full tasting note
    yyz 245 tasting notes
  • “I think I prefer this without milk??! an assam without milk, it just feels so wrong! It's crisp and fresh, floral and just a little malty. With all those letters attached, it's no wonder why...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1258 tasting notes

From Capital Tea Ltd.

New Lot! Potently aromatic attractive deep brown Assam leaves with plenty of golden tips. These leaves infuse to a very rich, strong and sweetly malty tasting tea liquor with an unusually smooth disposition for a tea with such strength. Highly recommended as a breakfast tea to drink with milk!

About Capital Tea Ltd. View company

The dried tea smells like malt, or a little bit like feed mix you get for horses, which brings back old memories. The tea has short slightly flattened leaves liberally scattered with saffron yellow golden tips.

The tea brews to a deep orange red after 3.5min.
With malt, citrus, hint of molasses, red fruits, and currant scents.

The first sip brings out bitter cocoa and malt notes mixed with molasses, overlain by a sweet top note that references both fresh and dried stone fruit (plum and cherry) and honey. There is a light floral note. This is a malty, fruity assam. The tea has a thick syrupy body with nice level of caffeine. It is very smooth, and a little tannic, but with no noticeable astringency. Aftertaste reminds me of molasses cookies eaten with a slightly sharp berry juice. A very nice start to the day.

Thanks Capital Tea Ltd for the generous sample!

1 heaping tsp /225 ml/3.5 min.

It’s crisp and fresh, floral and just a little malty. With all those letters attached, it’s no wonder why :)
A la dairy, it’s a little smoky, and I’m not sure I like that.
The kind gent from Capital Teas gifted this to me and I plan to cherish every spoonful. Though I need to indulge a few more cups before deciding on a rating.

Claire

I drink assam without milk! It takes some getting used to I think, but I like it that way now.

Terri HarpLady

I also drink mine without milk, although sometimes if it’s particularly tart I’ll add some stevia. I used to add french vanilla soy creamer, sigh…, but I don’t use that now…

heh i don’t think i’ve ever added milk to any assam i’ve had.

Donna A

I don’t add milk, but I add some stevia.

Indigobloom

It’s my one guilty pleasure, I looove a malty black tea with milk and sugar! without, I dunno, it’s not as malty, which is the part I adore