Duflating Estate Assam FTGFOP1 (CL)

Edit tea info Last updated by yyz

• “Delicious. Scattered and vague note, alas; I will try to write a better, clearer, more precise one when I drink this not so late at night after a ton more Elementary (g'ah, I love that show). I...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 608 tasting notes
  • “This is a really elegant well balanced assam. It is not in your face with strong bitter malt notes, but rather a well made tea that presents a smooth mix of the fruit, cocoa, malt, spice, biscuit...” Read full tasting note
    yyz 245 tasting notes
  • “i'm on a quest for a new fav Assam. This sample came to me from very generous and spontaneous *ifjuly*. Thank you!!! 205F 1tsp 8 oz 2.45 min produced golden delicious tea. it has Darjeeling ...” Read full tasting note
    boychik 197 tasting notes

From Capital Tea Ltd.

Well made golden tipped leaves from one of Assam’s finest tea estates. These leaves produce a strong, sweet and refined tasting tea liquor with excellent malt and spice notes.

About Capital Tea Ltd. View company

Delicious. Scattered and vague note, alas; I will try to write a better, clearer, more precise one when I drink this not so late at night after a ton more Elementary (g’ah, I love that show). I reckon it won’t take too long because it’s so good. I also tried Capital’s New Vithanakande because I love Harney and Sons’ but have run out (only had the sample packet) and it has a similar scrummy bittersweet chocolate thing going on. I am loving all these bittersweet deeply flavored bold teas lately! Also, this one resteeps like a charm. Had still another black tea from Capital today too, but I’m blanking right now—it was lighter bodied and mild, sweet, like Golden Monkey, which again is alright but never gets me to sit up and take notice relative to stuff like this. I was kind of feeling sad about not liking Assam as much as I used to back in the day after trying so many Steepster faves (Steven Smith and to a lesser extent even A&D’s), but this parade of delicious bittersweet bold black Indian teas from Capital is changing my tune and reminding me why I fell in love with them in the first place so long ago. Hooray.

yyz

Love this one too! I’m glad you’re rediscovering your love.

Sami Kelsh

Oh fabulous! I love good full-bodied Indian black teas too. My favourite kind!

This is a really elegant well balanced assam. It is not in your face with strong bitter malt notes, but rather a well made tea that presents a smooth mix of the fruit, cocoa, malt, spice, biscuit and floral notes that assams often have.

The dry leaf has a cocoa, molasses, floral scent, with rich brown leaves scattered with gold. After 3 minutes at around 94* C. The tea is a deep copper red colour with a scent of spice, red fruit, malt, cocoa, baked goods, and spicy floral.

The tea tastes smooth and elegant with a medium body, with a sweet flavour with notes of light biscuit, blackberry and cherry, cocoa, cinnamon, nutmeg, light floral note, and malt.

It re-steeps really well with cocoa and malt notes strengthening over the sweet fruit spice and biscuit notes.

A really good example of a well made assam.

TastyBrew

Yum! This sounds awesome!

yyz

It is really good and even better it is an assam that I can handle on an empty stomach.

Fjellrev

Oooh, I like the sound of this one.

yyz

It’s really nice;) Capital teas ltd offers 20g sample sizes for most of their teas ( more expensive and/ or teas that take more volume have 10g samples available). It’s a nice way to compare different teas from the same region.

i’m on a quest for a new fav Assam. This sample came to me from very generous and spontaneous ifjuly. Thank you!!!
205F 1tsp 8 oz 2.45 min produced golden delicious tea. it has Darjeeling floral-fruity notes. very smooth and not bitter. some malt but not over the top.
its important to me since I rarely add milk or sugar. This tea is elegant and i’m sure would be great as an afternoon tea.
Thank you ifjuly for helping me to discover new teas. i have a lot to sample

donkeytiara

i am also on the same quest …. the perfect assam with milk and sugar… have you tried the Teabox Assam sampler? Due to the shipping, I’m a bit hesitant….but it looks brilliant…

boychik

No, ihaven’t. I did order some Assam samples from Upton. its a perfect way to try anything in small amounts. I dont order samplers sets but individual samples based on description and reviews. 12g is enough to make a decision:)