Keemun Classic

Edit tea info Last updated by Dexter3657

• “mmmm thank you dexter! I picked this as one of my teas this morning and i kept reaching for it even after i'd finished it. In usual keemun fashion i added a bit of maple syrup to this but it...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4026 tasting notes
  • “This is a great morning tea. Thanks to Dexter3657 for sending me a sample. I opened the sample bag and I got a waft of the smokiness. I thought from the dry leaf that the smoke would be really...” Read full tasting note
    scribbles 177 tasting notes
  • “This is a really nice black tea. I've been drinking my Capital Tea blacks and have been lazy about writing tasting notes. I had this a few times at work this week, and it works really well at...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter3657 578 tasting notes

From Capital Tea Ltd.

Small and slender black leaves . This tea produces a strong and full bodied tea liquor with a sweet aroma and a medium level of astringency. This lot has a richer flavour and more forward aroma than our previous offering and is highly recommended!

About Capital Tea Ltd. View company

mmmm thank you dexter! I picked this as one of my teas this morning and i kept reaching for it even after i’d finished it. In usual keemun fashion i added a bit of maple syrup to this but it didn’t need it. I just like the way keemuns + maple work for me. This could easily be one of my staple tea as it’s not too demanding, but it’s also not unassuming. Appreciate the share dexter! tasty!

Dexter3657

That’s exactly how I felt about the Yunnan I was drinking earlier today, you just expressed it better than I did. :))

:) I feel like one of these days i need to have a keemun challenge and just drink as many of them from different companies as possible

ifjuly

a keemun-off! that sounds delicious. love keemun.

Dexter3657

ifjuly – I had noted that you were an assam, and yunnan fan? Am I confused or should I just add keemun to the list and send you samples of all my black teas…. :))

ifjuly

haha, please don’t worry about sending me stuff! i don’t have enough stuff i think you’d like to send back…i thought of a few more things but it’ll be a little bit because i need to restock them first (down to my last cup with a buncha golden moon :O ). i do love keemun though—i love smokiness, and rich not-very-sweet chocolate notes, so it makes sense i would. honestly, there aren’t many black teas as general categories go that i hate across the board…ceylon’s the only one i can think of offhand, and even that can be amazing when done right (sinharaja FTW).

i still need to add maple syrup to keemun sometime. every time Sil mentions it i’m like “oooooh that sounds good!”

Golden Moon? as in Golden Moon Tea? http://www.goldenmoontea.com/
This is why I need to keep sending you tea! Trust me you have lots I’m interested in :))

ifjuly

Yeah! As soon as I place it and get my favorites reordered—I highly doubt they’re doing anything for seasonal sales but just in case I’m going to wait a week or so—I’d be super excited to send you some.

Dexter3657

I’m not in any rush and I’m not requesting anything, but Golden Moon has been on my list forever, but shipping is astronomical to Canada…..

ifjuly

Yay! That makes me super jazzed.

Terri HarpLady

Count me in for the Keemun extravaganza!

Terri – maybe we need to do that sometime with the BBB box… pick a variety and do a round of that.

Terri HarpLady

That would be awesome!

This is a great morning tea. Thanks to Dexter3657 for sending me a sample.

I opened the sample bag and I got a waft of the smokiness. I thought from the dry leaf that the smoke would be really strong. I was delighted that while the smoke was evident in the sips, it wasn’t overbearing. I do like smoky tea’s but sometimes it’s too much. I didn’t add any sweeteners, and it was delicious.

This is a really nice black tea. I’ve been drinking my Capital Tea blacks and have been lazy about writing tasting notes. I had this a few times at work this week, and it works really well at work. It’s well balanced and bold without being too strong that it oversteeps.
I’m not sure this is on my favorite black list, but it is a nice everyday kind of tea.