Marco Polo Blend

Caramel, Vanilla, Chocolate, Fruity, Sweet, Tart
Edit tea info Last updated by yyz

5 Images

• “Another tea from *yyz* thank you so much for sending this my way. I was quite happy to see this in my package. I ordered teas from Capital Tea Ltd. awhile ago but mainly ordered straight black...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 752 tasting notes
  • “I was in the mood for something a bit sweet after dinner, so I brewed up a cup of this. I added sweetener (xylitol - does anybody else use that in place of sugar?) and milk, and it's hitting the...” Read full tasting note
    smallstar42 86 tasting notes
  • “Got a sample of this from *Capital Teas Ltd*! Still surprised at how big their samples are. xD 20g seems like so much-haha! Anyway! This one is actually better than I expected. When I opened the...” Read full tasting note
    Ostdalost 474 tasting notes
  • “mmmmm post bike ride tea! this one courtesy of *YYZ* and one of the few teas i have left from her generosity. First off, this smells tasty! i pick up the caramel instantly but not so much the...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5400 tasting notes

From Capital Tea Ltd.

Quality Ceylon black tea infused with a natural fruit and caramel flavour

About Capital Tea Ltd. View company

Another tea from yyz thank you so much for sending this my way.

I was quite happy to see this in my package. I ordered teas from Capital Tea Ltd. awhile ago but mainly ordered straight black (that I was quiet happy with). It’s nice to be able to try one of their flavored teas.
This is a really nice Marco Polo blend. It’s fruity, hint of vanilla, hint of caramel. Really nice. I will be looking to order from them again, and will take a look at a few flavors at that time. :))

I was in the mood for something a bit sweet after dinner, so I brewed up a cup of this. I added sweetener (xylitol – does anybody else use that in place of sugar?) and milk, and it’s hitting the spot quite nicely. :) I get caramel and vanilla from this – not really any fruitiness, but maybe that’s because I added milk right away. It’s nicely flavoured, not too strong or overwhelming.
Addendum: I stuck my nose in the bag while waiting for the water to reboil, and yeah, the scent of the dry tea is definitely fruity! Smells like chocolate-covered cherries. The 2nd steeping is pretty light and I’m drinking it straight. It still has a subtle sweetness to it.

Flavors: Caramel, Vanilla

Got a sample of this from Capital Teas Ltd! Still surprised at how big their samples are. xD 20g seems like so much-haha!
Anyway! This one is actually better than I expected.
When I opened the bag, I was hit by a strong, fruity aroma. Almost tart even, which made me not so sure. But while it steeped, a more chocolatey, dark aroma replaced the fruitiness.
Which is actually odd because this tea doesn’t really taste like chocolate at all. xD
As for the flavor; the caramel and fruity flavors are light, but not overwhelming. The black tea base is definitely present in this tea, which makes it taste much stronger.
Caramel is probably the biggest flavor in this tea. And the frutiness is more in the aftertaste.
So overall it’s not bad! Better than I expected. A nice, light flavored tea that’s not too overwhelming in any way. Definitely worth the try if you ever order from there! (:

Flavors: Caramel, Chocolate, Fruity, Sweet, Tart

mmmmm post bike ride tea! this one courtesy of YYZ and one of the few teas i have left from her generosity. First off, this smells tasty! i pick up the caramel instantly but not so much the fruit. once brewed this is a delightful caramel tea with a hint of fruit in the background. I vastly prefer THIS marco polo to the one from MF…and yes, they are totally different teas heh :)

gmathis

Oooh…interesting!

yyz

I’ve actually never tried the MF tea before. Its good to know that they are totally different. I’m glad you enjoyed it.

mf = strawberry. i understand why it’s popular but it’s probably one of my least favourite flavoured teas from MF