Marco Polo Blend

Dark Chocolate, Earth, Fruity, Caramel, Vanilla, Chocolate, Sweet, Tart
Edit tea info Last updated by yyz

5 Images

From Capital Tea Ltd.

Quality Ceylon black tea infused with a natural fruit and caramel flavour

About Capital Tea Ltd. View company

Another tea from yyz thank you so much for sending this my way.

I was quite happy to see this in my package. I ordered teas from Capital Tea Ltd. awhile ago but mainly ordered straight black (that I was quiet happy with). It’s nice to be able to try one of their flavored teas.
This is a really nice Marco Polo blend. It’s fruity, hint of vanilla, hint of caramel. Really nice. I will be looking to order from them again, and will take a look at a few flavors at that time. :))

A flavoured black tea, that smells very different dry vs. steeped! I don’t know why, but when dry the leaves reminded me of dried vegetables – the kind usually found in Asian markets. I like that smell, so I don’t mind, but not sure why that came to mind.

When steeped though, the flavour becomes of earthy, fruity dark chocolate. There is a medium weight to the tea, it definitely has some body, not as much as Keemun but noticeable. There is just a hint of astringency at the end, but barely perceptible.

Flavors: Dark Chocolate, Earth, Fruity

I had this earlier today and was underwhelmed – it was a bit astringent and bitter. I steeped western style – 3g in a 10oz mug, boiling water, 3min steep. I think next time I’ll try cooler water and maybe a shorter steep to start out. Alternately, this might just be one of those teas that needs milk +/- sugar to be enjoyable. Lowering my rating a bit.

Evol Ving Ness

Sad. This is one of the teas I had planned on ordering.

Lindsay

I can send you some if you want to try it first

Got a sample of this from Capital Teas Ltd! Still surprised at how big their samples are. xD 20g seems like so much-haha!
Anyway! This one is actually better than I expected.
When I opened the bag, I was hit by a strong, fruity aroma. Almost tart even, which made me not so sure. But while it steeped, a more chocolatey, dark aroma replaced the fruitiness.
Which is actually odd because this tea doesn’t really taste like chocolate at all. xD
As for the flavor; the caramel and fruity flavors are light, but not overwhelming. The black tea base is definitely present in this tea, which makes it taste much stronger.
Caramel is probably the biggest flavor in this tea. And the frutiness is more in the aftertaste.
So overall it’s not bad! Better than I expected. A nice, light flavored tea that’s not too overwhelming in any way. Definitely worth the try if you ever order from there! (:

Flavors: Caramel, Chocolate, Fruity, Sweet, Tart

mmmmm post bike ride tea! this one courtesy of YYZ and one of the few teas i have left from her generosity. First off, this smells tasty! i pick up the caramel instantly but not so much the fruit. once brewed this is a delightful caramel tea with a hint of fruit in the background. I vastly prefer THIS marco polo to the one from MF…and yes, they are totally different teas heh :)

gmathis

Oooh…interesting!

yyz

I’ve actually never tried the MF tea before. Its good to know that they are totally different. I’m glad you enjoyed it.

mf = strawberry. i understand why it’s popular but it’s probably one of my least favourite flavoured teas from MF