Lumbini Estate OP1 - Ceylon Ruhuna Dist. # 76

Edit tea info Last updated by yyz

• “This brews up to a nice copper colour after 3.5 min (1 tsp/225 ml). The scent has a red fruit top note with a Sweet potato and malt base tempered by sweet honey notes. This is a nice...” Read full tasting note
    yyz 398 tasting notes
  • “Sorry all, I haven't been around much lately. Missing everyone!!! Between the turmoil in my life and the issues with steepster - I haven't been posting much. I'm a huge black tea fan, but I'm a...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 752 tasting notes
  • “Another sample from *YYZ* Again, i didn't get nearly as much tea drinking in today as i'd hoped but some is better than none! I had this earlier this afternoon and it was a very pleasant cup of...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5360 tasting notes

From Capital Tea Ltd.

One of our best selling teas back by popular demand! Richly aromatic and beautifully uniform black wiry leaves. These leaves produce a rich and sweet tea liquor with notes of malt, cocoa and cherry.- 100g Package

About Capital Tea Ltd. View company

Sweet potato and malt base tempered by sweet honey notes.

This is a nice example of a classic Ceylon, with hints of browned brown sugar,deeper notes of malt, and cocoa, fruity cherry like note exactly like described! Really nice and well balanced and very smooth. The second steep is fruity snd spicy smelling. It tastes sweeter with hints of nutmeg, cherry, cocoa underneath. I could definitely see myself purchasing this in the future.

Thanks for the sample Capital Tea Ltd!

Sorry all, I haven’t been around much lately. Missing everyone!!! Between the turmoil in my life and the issues with steepster – I haven’t been posting much.

I’m a huge black tea fan, but I’m a bit snobbish about it. I like China blacks, but in truth I’ve only tried a few of the others and haven’t really explored them. I was quite excited when yyz sent me a care package with teas outside my comfort zone. Thank you so much.
In that package was this one. What do I know about Ceylon? Not much so I don’t really have a point of reference.
This tea brews up a beautiful copper red color. It seems light, with lots of high notes, and a bit fruity. This will not lure me away from my beloved China blacks, but it wasn’t offensive either. Really happy to have tried it.

Lala

Glad to hear from you. Hope you’re doing well!

boychik

Hi Dexter:-)

yyz

Hope things are getting better. Ifind ceylons can be pretty diverse from really bitter malt, dark fruit, to sweet potato and citrus. Glad to give you the opportunity to try one.

Another sample from YYZ Again, i didn’t get nearly as much tea drinking in today as i’d hoped but some is better than none! I had this earlier this afternoon and it was a very pleasant cup of tea. It’s nice to find a ceylon that isn’t “red rose” like. This is a malty, fruity cup of delicious. I might need to pick some up to share with the BBB ladies in the future :)

yyz

This is pretty well my favourite Ceylon right now. I love the flavour notes in it.

yeah it’s really nice!