Russian Blend

Edit tea info Last updated by ifjuly

1 Tasting Note View all

• “My Capital Tea order arrived Friday (well, actually more like Tuesday, but it was in mail jail and I knew there'd be more mail jail slips coming--my carrier changed routes and the new one is more...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 613 tasting notes

From Capital Tea Ltd.

A popular blend of leaf grade brisk Chinese black teas and Lapsang Souchong with an added touch of bergamot oil.

About Capital Tea Ltd. View company

1 Tasting Note

My Capital Tea order arrived Friday (well, actually more like Tuesday, but it was in mail jail and I knew there’d be more mail jail slips coming—my carrier changed routes and the new one is more cautious :(—so I waited ’til Friday to pick everything up at once)! A shoutout to Dexter3657, because the samples she sent my way in her amazing swapbox blew my mind and acted as the catalyst for checking them out. Thank you!

I took this out yesterday to do Saturday morning errands. It’s quite upfront smoky, and as you sip through the smoke settles and asserts itself as a barbecue smokehouse-type aroma (could be a subtle result of the citrus of the bergamot combining with the smoke, brightening it and preventing it from being too fireplace ash musty, who knows). The floral aspect from the bergamot is tucked away gently in the back, definitely present but not so strong as to clash. I liked it! Not a combo you see every day. This can go nicely in my little stable of “meditative afternoon smoke break” teas, alongside stuff like Upton Imports Baker Street, Harney and Sons Russian Country, Della Terra Professor Grey, Verdant Earl of Anxi, STEAp Shoppe Smoky Mountain STEAp, etc.

boychik

I only have A&D Caravan which is fabulous

ifjuly

I have yet to crack mine open even though I’ve had it for months now! Ha. I guess I superstitiously believe it’ll somehow be its tightest sealed and freshest if I wait. Doesn’t really make sense though.

Samovar’s got one called Tolstoy’s Sip too. That one is is very tricky though…

boychik

I find their tins very tightly sealed so I need to use a butter knife to open. Maybe it’s my tiny fingers I have to blame;)

ifjuly

oh, me too! that’s why my waiting is probably silly. (: my tea measuring spoon has a curved metal end that’s perfect for both prying open the canisters and tamping them back shut. great tins!