Madame Butterfly Jasmine

Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

From Capital Teas

This connoisseur’s green tea has a stunning jasmine character with a full flavored cup and an incomparable aromatic nose; simply the absolute finest quality that there is! First flush peony silver needles are delicately hand-tied to form the shape of butterfly wings then infused multiple evenings with lightly scented jasmine flowers are laid atop the tea leaves to produce a tea as delicate as lace and elegant as Madame Butterfly herself.

About Capital Teas View company

Thanks Liberteas!

Now THIS is the Jasmine for me! It’s not artificial, stale, or soapy tasting. It doesn’t leave a funky aftertaste. YAY! He’s a semi-sweet floral. The hand-tied designer knots of the leaves are lovely and a work of art!

Very nice – all around!

Not rating it yet, because I’m not sure.

I was very excited about this one. It’s tied in cute little bows, so adorable! and it smells fantastically jasmine-y. The shop lady said it’s her favorite jasmine… along with H&S. Which, I’m not fond of.

I didn’t measure the amount of tea, take the water temperature, or time the brewing, and now I wish I had. It’s bitter. I’m on the second steep and it’s still bitter. It has a bitter aftertaste.

It still (even on the second steep) has a delightful jasmine smell, just a bitter taste. And the taste reminds me more of an oolong than a green, so I’m not sure what the base is (I have no ingredients list, either on the packaging or on the website).

The leaves, now that they’ve uncurled, remind me of a mu tan white, but the flavor isn’t that at all (thank goodness, because I really don’t like that). I don’t know what the base is at all.

I’m going to have to try this again under more controlled conditions and see if it’ll come out better. Right now it’s definitely not worth the expense.

TheTeaLady

Did you try steeping the tea with water that is under a boil and for only about 1 minute? I have had this tea several times and have never found it to taste bitter. Let me know!

denisend

I believe (though it was awhile ago) that I drank it at work, so I pulled the water from the office cooler hot spigot. The temperature averages about 190 F, so I don’t think that’s a problem. I may have steeped it too long; my usual office method is “keep sipping until it tastes done”, but I think with this one I was waiting for the leaves to unfold. I haven’t tried it again, but I’ll use a timer and just go for a minute. Thanks for the suggestion!

I LOVE this jasmine tea. It has a nice balance between white tea/green tea and jasmine flavor. Capital Teas calls this a green tea, but, it is a silver needle tea which I consider to be a white tea, but, whatever.

Anyway, the jasmine is strong, but it doesn’t overwhelm the flavor of the tea. It is smooth and sweet and not artificial tasting or soapy tasting. Just floral and delicious. I love it.