Caramel Toffee Pu-erh

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

• “This tea was a recent one I scored at the trip to Capitol Teas In Washington DC. I've had it a couple of times now and I'm not quite sure what I think of it. It smells better than it tastes, in my...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2459 tasting notes
  • “So apparently I've never rated this one...even if I've had it several times... *Amy oh's* review from yesterday reminded me I had this tea. I knew it was going to be my tea of the morning. I had...” Read full tasting note
    ThePurrfectCup 374 tasting notes
  • “Got this from my mystery swap with Moraiwe. Breakfast in bed for me this morning with some brioche toast with Nutella and some catching up on Greys anatomy from last week. Perfection in a cup. The...” Read full tasting note
    Mnoelle225 206 tasting notes

From Capital Teas

Desert in a cup! The earthiness of pu-erh fuses with delicious caramel to form a sweetly decadent finish; warming and think, this tea is layered with notes of sweet earth, burnt caramel and cream.

About Capital Teas View company

This tea was a recent one I scored at the trip to Capitol Teas In Washington DC. I’ve had it a couple of times now and I’m not quite sure what I think of it. It smells better than it tastes, in my opinion. There is definitely an aroma of toffee but the flavor doesn’t translate as well. To me it doesn’t seem that rich and decadent…

Unlike a lot of flavored pu-erhs, you can actually taste the pu-erh in here though and it’s very rich and smooth. I added some soymilk and liked it better than way. hmm. I bet this would be really good as a latte.

And I hope I can sleep tonight after drinking this so late!

The Purrfect Cup

I had the same problem you did with the toffee flavoring not turning up in my cup. But I too added in some soy and that did help it along a bit.

TeaBrat

Great minds think alike!

The Purrfect Cup

We do indeed! I think this particular tea is one that grows on you…and now I want a cup!

So apparently I’ve never rated this one…even if I’ve had it several times… Amy oh’s review from yesterday reminded me I had this tea. I knew it was going to be my tea of the morning. I had planned to get up at my usual time (even on my surprise day off – due to an excellent conference) but I eased into my day and slept a half an hour later (living the life I know).

But I took my time getting ready for the day = internet. Then I gathered the laundry to start, showered, etc. FINALLY I got the kettle going and had to do a little digging to find this one. I have to say it reminds me of coffee in both smell and taste. But not in a bad way. More like welcome back to a better way to have that caffeine kick. I did add a little soy creamer to this one and some of the amazing Vanilla Sugar from Penzey’s – which is mine and mine alone in the house!

I do get a lot of the pu-erh in this tea even with the additions to it. BUT I think the suger is finally allowing the caramel toffee flavor to shine here. I seem to taste the pu-erh more on the finish this time around rather than right from the start. A really nice way to start my lovely day off.

TeaBrat

I might add some sugar to mine next time too

Got this from my mystery swap with Moraiwe. Breakfast in bed for me this morning with some brioche toast with Nutella and some catching up on Greys anatomy from last week. Perfection in a cup. The aroma was very sweet. To the taste you can taste the caramel and smell the toffee. In the second steep I will add a little sugar and milk. Latte style. Thank you for this tea!