Milk Oolong

Cream, Milk, Orchid, Smooth, Sweet, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

From Capital Teas

As the name suggests, this unusual and delicious tea gives off a creamy texture and nose while still keeping true to floral highlights. The creaminess comes from a very cool evening followed by a warm sunny morning. This differentiation in temperature changes the leaf chemical composition to give a wonderful texture and nose to this lovely oolong. As with all quality oolongs, our Milk Oolong only gets better with each steeping so be sure to re-infuse these leaves up to 6 or 7 times.

Health Benefits:
Studies suggest that drinking oolong teas could aid in reducing body fat and preventing obesity
May lead to cleaner skin
The polyphenols in oolong may have been shown to promote free radical elimination and improve overall health
Has been shown to strengthen teeth and prevent tooth decay
May help relieve stress, mental and physical
Has approximately 10% of the caffeine content of coffee
Ingredients:

Oolong Tea

Brewing Instructions:

Hot Tea: use 1 tsp. of tea per 6 ounces of water. Heat water to 195 °F and steep for 3-5 minutes. If bolder flavor is desired, increase the amount of tea used.

About Capital Teas View company

Another resounding thank you to Liquid Proust!

I’ve had Jin Xuan without flavoring from Teavivre and Mandala, and the full Milk Oolong from Mandala. I’m going to be comparing it to the latter one for the majority of my review.

I get a little bit of orchid, but cream perfectly reenacted in this oolong. I also get some notes of vanilla. The texture is soft and silky like a lilac, but does not quite have that note (SCRATCH THAT: it’s cooled down, and I totally taste the lilac, especially in steep #2). Mandala’s Milk is more buttery, and a tad bit thicker whereas this is light, medium, and creamy. Like milk itself, this is the vanilla 2% milk version of a milk oolong to me, whereas Mandala’s is whole milk. Mandala’s is almost fattier compared to this one, while this is a lighter vanilla dessert.

Both are really good for those reasons: if I were to pick, it would honestly depend on my mood. This one is lighter in a refreshing way. This one is also more like cream to me than Mandala’s, but Mandala’s is a little more like toffee. The final decider is really price to me, in which Mandala has the upper hand. I’m so glad that I got a sample, and it is sooo good.

And now, I’ve had way too much tea. I was originally going to save it for school, but seeing how quickly some of my green oolongs are starting to come closer to their shelf life’s end, and how drastically the humidity has changed in my house (curse Michigan whether!), I’ve been paranoid and downing all of them before they go bad. I’ll be more conservative tomorrow, and aiming for the other Liquid Proust Co. samples. Yet currently, I need the L-theanine and caffeine to keep me awake and painting a certain phoenix I commissioned for my sister.

Flavors: Cream, Milk, Orchid, Smooth, Sweet, Vanilla

As I went about packaging this up for a swap, I remembered that I haven’t even drank it… so I brewed it up :)

This. Tea. Is. Epic.
Not only is the milk oolong taste present on each taste, there is a fruity note that lingers as an after taste. I’m not sure how this was done but I really enjoy it. Such wonderful tea, smooth and buttery while having that natural cream within the oolong itself.

This was delicious. The oolong taste was perfectly complemented by the buttery-creamy taste. It reminded me of the seaweed wrap in sushi – but in a good way; there was a slight salty aftertaste that kept the other flavors from becoming overwhelming. The price tag on it is very steep though – $24/2 oz.

The smell of the dry leaves is worth the price of admission – the apricots and buttered popcorn scent is strong. The tea is bolder than other oolongs. I’ll have to try a shorter steeping time.