Mexican Mango Chili Mate

Green Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

From Capital Teas

A superior blend of green mate, rooibos, and green tea forms a perfect canvas for infusing the brilliant colors and flavors of chili peppers and mango. Inspired by Aztec recipes blending chili with fruits, we’ve also added a dash of coconut and an energizing pop of ginseng for the perfect combination. Try over ice for a spicy cold treat on hot days or enjoy its lingering warmth when brewed hot on a cold day.

Health Benefits:

Has approximately 60% of the caffeine content as coffee Studies have shown Maté to have significant cancer-fighting activity Great source of antioxidants, which have been shown to lower the risk of heart disease Contains several vitamins including Vitamin A, B1, B2, C and E Contains various minerals such as phosphorus, iron, and calcium Rooibos has been known to assist with allergies May aid in digestion

Yerba Maté, Green Tea, South African Rooibos, mango pieces, orange peels, coconut shreds, rose petals, conflowers petals,ginseng,chili, the essence of cherry and almond

Hot Tea: use 1.5 tsp. of tea per 6 ounces of water. Heat water to 175 °F and steep for 3-5 minutes. If bolder flavor is desired, increase the amount of tea used.

Iced Tea: use 1.5 tsp. of tea per 6 ounces of water. Heat water to 175 °F and steep for 3-5 minutes. After steeping, pour brewed tea over an equal amount of ice. For more information on iced tea, see our instructional video

About Capital Teas View company

I want to thank LiberTEAs for this one! :)

Other Mexican Chili Mate type tea/tisane’s I have had have been ‘ok’ but no overly my thing! With this one, tho, I really like it! Perhaps it’s the addition of the MANGO…not sure…but this is pretty good! There is a LOT going on! Green Tea, Rooibos, Mate, Fruit, Flavors, Flowers, Nuts, Herbs! WOW!

The Chili is pretty intense but I like it! There are other secondary flavors that help back it up! The Mango is right behind the Chili. The rose, Ginseng, Orange, and Cherry follow. The other ingredients are more subtle! Everything seems to have it’s role in this! It’s very involved and quite unique! Nicely done!

This sounds like a really interesting combination! adds to shopping list

I have a tin of that! It’s pretty great.

Peggie Bennett

Doesn’t sound bad, I do love those mango slices with the chili powder on them!

Now I’m always up for some new mate in my cupboard for those times when you get home after a long day with a pounding headache and you just NEED a strong dose of caffeine…hence buying this.

It brews up nicely, but I would recommend timing it at maybe 5-6 minutes because the sweet fruitiness did get overwhelming and bitter by letting it sit untimed. I could definitely taste the chili, and of course the longer it brews the spicier it is. I don’t handle spicy as well as most people though so my version of spicy may be more mild than yours.

The mango isn’t obvious, it’s definitely a fruit, it’s kind of more citrusy than anything else. I think this would probably rock as an iced tea, and the sweetness of it would be more appealing cold. Overall I’m glad I have this and it’s not just a sample size. I would recommend it to fruity tea lovers, mate drinkers, and those looking for an iced tea mate.

The flavor of this tea is spicy bubblegum and I’m not sure how anyone can taste anything else. I had to write a review because I was so disappointed in the flavor. I thought I was going to love it and it would taste like dried chili spiced mango slices, but it quite literally tastes like a gumball sprinkled with cayenne. I’m trying to find a way to get through it.

Philadelphia Coffee & Tea Festival #3

After playing at MajaTei, I crossed the expo floor and visited Capital Teas. They had a very nice and large set up with multiple tasting stations. I personally have very fond feelings about Capital Teas since they are my home tea company, having started in Maryland and with many locations in the DC area. Turns out they just expanded to Philadelphia!

As much as I like their teas, this tea, unfortunately, is not for me. I expected this tea to be spicy and it was, pleasantly (or unpleasantly depending on your nature, I suppose) burning the back of my throat. However, I didn’t taste much depth to this, and definitely no mango. I wonder if I would have liked it better sweetened?

Flavors: Spicy