Figgy Pudding

Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

From Capital Teas

Tasty black tea is combined with acerola cherries and figs which add fruity notes to this delicious blend. It is stunningly smooth and flavorful with a full taste. A perfect blend to warm you up on a cold winter day.

Health Benefits:
Great Source of Antioxidants, which have been shown to lower the risk of heart disease
Black Tea has been shown to reduce cholesterol
May be an mentally stimulating beverage
Figs are one of the best plant sources of calcium
Figs are rich in fiber, potassium, magnesium and other nutrients
Has approximately 20% of the caffeine content of coffee
Ingredients:

Black Tea, acerola cherries, figs

About Capital Teas View company

We went to DC this weekend. My friend lives right next to the Capital Teas in Bethesda, and she took me there since she knew that I loved tea so much. It was a tiny shop, but they had a whole wall full of glass jars with the teas in them to smell. I loved that because I was able to see the tea and also smell it so I knew what I wanted to purchase. This one definitely stood out to me, it smells richly of dried fruit with just a little hint of spiciness. The tea itself has a sweet cherry and black tea aroma. The flavor is very sweet and fruity even without sugar and there is a strong cherry aftertaste that lingers. The cherry aftertaste kind of reminds me of cherry cough syrup, which I don’t love. Adding sweetener takes the flavor back to a fruity cherry instead of a mediciney cherry. I added a little milk and it became a nice and smooth, creamy cup. This was my first tea from Capital Teas and it’s a winner!

-Dry blend has medium black tea leaves with large dried cherries and pieces of dried fig.
-Dry leaves smell of rich dried fruit with a hint of spiciness. Tea liquor aroma is of sweet cherries and black tea.
-Tea liquor is a clear dark reddish brown color.
-Sweet fruity flavor and finish. Strong cherry aftertaste that lingers.
-Best with sweetener. Milk optional.
-Very good tea. Rich and smooth fruity flavor. Candy cherry taste.

I received some of this from fellow Steepster member, Nicole. It came from a store called “Tea Market”, but they repackage other companies tea. I’m sure it’s this one. It looks identical.

Anyways, this tea is just okay. It sort of taste flat to me. There are no distinguishing flavors in my personal opinion. I wouldn’t purchase it, but I’ll finish the sample that I received.

Thanks Nicole!

Nicole

I am pretty sure it’s from Capital as well.