Figgy Pudding

Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

• “We went to DC this weekend. My friend lives right next to the Capital Teas in Bethesda, and she took me there since she knew that I loved tea so much. It was a tiny shop, but they had a whole...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes
  • “I received some of this from fellow Steepster member, Nicole. It came from a store called "Tea Market", but they repackage other companies tea. I'm sure it's this one. It looks identical....” Read full tasting note
    TrueFoodieAtHeart 33 tasting notes
  • “I taste a lot more cherry than fig. It's like the tea is almost medicinal tasting, but just shy of that line. It tastes a lot better to me cold (and I don't mean iced tea...just hot tea that's...” Read full tasting note
    khamilton611 131 tasting notes
  • “I noticed that Capital Teas recommends that the water be 195°F for this tea. Last time I made this the water was closer to boiling, so I lowered the water temp, and it made a difference. Now I...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 878 tasting notes

From Capital Teas

Tasty black tea is combined with acerola cherries and figs which add fruity notes to this delicious blend. It is stunningly smooth and flavorful with a full taste. A perfect blend to warm you up on a cold winter day.

Health Benefits:
Great Source of Antioxidants, which have been shown to lower the risk of heart disease
Black Tea has been shown to reduce cholesterol
May be an mentally stimulating beverage
Figs are one of the best plant sources of calcium
Figs are rich in fiber, potassium, magnesium and other nutrients
Has approximately 20% of the caffeine content of coffee
Ingredients:

Black Tea, acerola cherries, figs

About Capital Teas View company

We went to DC this weekend. My friend lives right next to the Capital Teas in Bethesda, and she took me there since she knew that I loved tea so much. It was a tiny shop, but they had a whole wall full of glass jars with the teas in them to smell. I loved that because I was able to see the tea and also smell it so I knew what I wanted to purchase. This one definitely stood out to me, it smells richly of dried fruit with just a little hint of spiciness. The tea itself has a sweet cherry and black tea aroma. The flavor is very sweet and fruity even without sugar and there is a strong cherry aftertaste that lingers. The cherry aftertaste kind of reminds me of cherry cough syrup, which I don’t love. Adding sweetener takes the flavor back to a fruity cherry instead of a mediciney cherry. I added a little milk and it became a nice and smooth, creamy cup. This was my first tea from Capital Teas and it’s a winner!

-Dry blend has medium black tea leaves with large dried cherries and pieces of dried fig.
-Dry leaves smell of rich dried fruit with a hint of spiciness. Tea liquor aroma is of sweet cherries and black tea.
-Tea liquor is a clear dark reddish brown color.
-Sweet fruity flavor and finish. Strong cherry aftertaste that lingers.
-Best with sweetener. Milk optional.
-Very good tea. Rich and smooth fruity flavor. Candy cherry taste.

I received some of this from fellow Steepster member, Nicole. It came from a store called “Tea Market”, but they repackage other companies tea. I’m sure it’s this one. It looks identical.

Anyways, this tea is just okay. It sort of taste flat to me. There are no distinguishing flavors in my personal opinion. I wouldn’t purchase it, but I’ll finish the sample that I received.

Thanks Nicole!

Nicole

I am pretty sure it’s from Capital as well.

I taste a lot more cherry than fig. It’s like the tea is almost medicinal tasting, but just shy of that line.

It tastes a lot better to me cold (and I don’t mean iced tea…just hot tea that’s gotten cold). Which is good, because I HAD to buy 4 oz of it, and I rarely buy that much of ANYTHING! I was more than miffed by that.

4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

I noticed that Capital Teas recommends that the water be 195°F for this tea. Last time I made this the water was closer to boiling, so I lowered the water temp, and it made a difference. Now I taste fig. Yum, yum, yum. There is still the cherry note, but the fig has equal footing, and the two play very well together. I like.

There’s no way I’ll get through all four ounces of this the during the holiday season, but I’m ok with that since I think this will make an equally lovely spring/summer tea. I’m also curious to try it iced. Me thinks it’ll mighty tasty that way, too.

khamilton611

Going to try very hard to visit them next week when I am in the area for work.

Veronica

Are you going to be in Philly or D.C? I love the Philly store. The sales people are very friendly.

khamilton611

I went to the DC store at Dupont Circle. Sales person was AWESOME!, but I don’t like having to buy 4 oz at one time.

Lariel of Lórien

Some day I will make some figgy pudding, and it will be fabulous.

Veronica

@khamilton611 – 4 oz is a commitment! I wish they had smaller sizes, too.

@Lariel- Yum! Now I must go look at figgy pudding recipes. Why have I never done this before?!?