Almond Pistachio Cookie (formerly Butter Truffles)

Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

• “This is really good. It's not as almondy as other almond teas - the pistachio is actually the strongest flavor here. It provides a bit more of a savory edge, and some buttery taste to the tea that...” Read full tasting note
    silentrequiem 274 tasting notes
  • “I had this tea first without sugar a few days ago. It was fine, but the flavors were subtle and the black tea smokiness was a little strong for me. I'm having it again now with sugar, which...” Read full tasting note
    chrimabro 124 tasting notes
  • “When it comes to tea, I'm kind of a creature of habit. I mostly know what I like and what I don't, which is what enables me to purchase (and review) mostly teas that I know I'll enjoy quite a bit....” Read full tasting note
    john12 30 tasting notes

From Capital Teas

Like eating cookie batter from the bowl? Delish! This black tea is blended with the “sweet tooth” in mind, containing pistachios, cumin, almond pieces, coriander, and peppercorns. Formerly known as Butter Truffles.

Ingredients:
Black Tea, pistachios, cumin, sliced almonds, coriander, pink peppercorns

About Capital Teas View company

This is really good. It’s not as almondy as other almond teas – the pistachio is actually the strongest flavor here. It provides a bit more of a savory edge, and some buttery taste to the tea that is really nice. A nice nutty tea when you don’t want something sweet.

I had this tea first without sugar a few days ago. It was fine, but the flavors were subtle and the black tea smokiness was a little strong for me. I’m having it again now with sugar, which improved the flavor in my opinion. I can taste the pistachio and I think I taste the almond as well, but the flavors aren’t as distinct as I would like. This is still tasty overall, however.

(Sample from silentrequiem. Thanks!)

CapitalTeas

Thank you for your review Christina! We hope you’re able to try more of our teas in the near future :)

When it comes to tea, I’m kind of a creature of habit. I mostly know what I like and what I don’t, which is what enables me to purchase (and review) mostly teas that I know I’ll enjoy quite a bit.

One thing I have found I don’t often like are these dessert teas that taste like something else. However, during my last trip to Capital Teas I was 2 oz. short of the pound discount, I love all things pistachio and I was feeling a bit adventurous, so I decided to wander out of my tea comfort zone and give this one a try.

I’m so glad I did.

The one thing that attracted me to this tea was the smell. It had a mostly pistachio smell, along with what I think was coriander. I usually don’t like teas that smell like that, but I was all in.

I added some sweetener, which is my custom for these dessert teas.

Simply put, I have never had a tea that tasted more like a cookie before. It was great.

While I taste the almond and what I believe to be coriander, pistachio is very much the dominant flavor which is probably why I like it so much.

No dessert tea will ever taste as good as a nice iced black or hot white tea, but this one surely gets to the neighborhood!

CapitalTeas

Thanks so much for your review John! We’re so glad you enjoyed the tea :)