Assam Bukhial TGFOP Second Flush

Edit tea info Last updated by john12

• “A very good black tea. A nice, lush scent with a slightly sweet note. Smooth flavor, bold yet definitely not as harsh as a typical assam. However, the finish is a bit bitter. At $3.25/oz for loose...” Read full tasting note
    milkmantep 6 tasting notes
  • “’Here’s Hoping’ Teabox Round #4 – Tea #18 A delicious standard assam but possibly a little lighter for an assam than I’d expect. That’s okay… it means less...” Read full tasting note
    tea-sipper 1661 tasting notes
  • “I pretty much completely disagree with the description for this tea provided by the seller. I don’t drink this in the morning and I don’t think it’s a boldly flavored tea. Even...” Read full tasting note
    john12 43 tasting notes

From Capital Teas

A rich full-bodied tea from the tropical climate of India’s Brahmaputra River; considered by many as among the finest teas in the world; superb morning tea.

About Capital Teas View company

At $3.25/oz for loose leaf (as of this writing, per the website), this is easily worth twice the price. If you’re a fan of “straight” black teas, don’t hesitate to grab some.

I bought a cup of this tea (hot) at the Capital Teas stand in the Mall in Columbia. I don’t know how they steeped it, sorry.

’Here’s Hoping’ Teabox Round #4 – Tea #18

A delicious standard assam but possibly a little lighter for an assam than I’d expect. That’s okay… it means less astringency. A little fruitier and sweeter instead of dark. Not as baked rye bread as some assam can be.
Steep #1 // just boiled // 3 min

I pretty much completely disagree with the description for this tea provided by the seller. I don’t drink this in the morning and I don’t think it’s a boldly flavored tea. Even though we may disagree on those points, I do think this is a great tea.

I find the flavor to be almost delicate. There is a subtle malty sweetness that’s hard to describe, but is always present and always welcome. While I do enjoy this tea hot, I prefer to drink it iced. It’s one of the top iced teas I drink when it’s hot out and I’m looking for something cool and refreshing to drink. I’ve even been known to put it in my bike’s water bottle for a treat.

Perhaps it’s the official tea of cycling in the Washington DC region? Either way, it’s great hot and iced.