Queen Elizabeth, Organic Fair Trade Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Em

• “Thank you to *Em* for including this in your Christmas exchange gift to me. It's lovely! I kind of think I should have started my day with this, because this has the heft that I was looking for...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4366 tasting notes
  • “After falling in love with the rose tea from Carytown Teas, I sent an order with my sister for a few other flavors. This is one of the blends she brought me. I like the light nutty flavor. ...” Read full tasting note
    EmiCreech 205 tasting notes

From Carytown Teas

An elegant blend of Assam, Darjeeling, and Nigliri, with exquisite warm and nutty notes.

About Carytown Teas View company

Thank you to Em for including this in your Christmas exchange gift to me. It’s lovely! I kind of think I should have started my day with this, because this has the heft that I was looking for … that kept me drinking black teas today (including this, I’ve had four mugs of black tea, and I don’t usually have that many in one day) … then again, I might have stopped with this one and I really enjoyed those other teas. So maybe now is the time for business from a black tea!

It is rich and flavorful from the Assam and the Nilgiri, but it has a touch of lightness from the Darjeeling. This is still definitely a full-flavored tea, but, the Darjeeling does add enough lightness to keep it from feeling too overwhelmingly heavy. This is just right – a good kick in the cup when you need one.

The description suggests warm nutty tones and I get that … as well as touches of fruit throughout the sip. Astringent at the tail … but not overly so. It has rich malty tones, this would be awesome as a latte, but I like it quite well served straight too.

After falling in love with the rose tea from Carytown Teas, I sent an order with my sister for a few other flavors. This is one of the blends she brought me. I like the light nutty flavor. Enjoying it this afternoon as a catch up on some of my reading for work.