Chocolate Mint

Black Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Dydrian

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Bought this on a lark when I was last at my local tea shop. Ahh, the dry leaves smell just like an Andes candy or a Peppermint pattie. So delicious, it makes me want to just try eating it though...” Read full tasting note
    Dydrian 17 tasting notes

From Carytown Teas

A lovely after dinner tea. Chocolate mint is a blend of black tea chocolate and peppermint leaves. Reminiscent of an Andies Mint.

About Carytown Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

Bought this on a lark when I was last at my local tea shop. Ahh, the dry leaves smell just like an Andes candy or a Peppermint pattie. So delicious, it makes me want to just try eating it though that would probably be a horrible idea. Let’s see… the liquor is a bit of a sickly brown, sort of like the way my lapsang souchong always looks. Oh, but it smells just like mint chocolate brownies!

So, let’s just take a sip and.. huh? Where’s the flavor? Ah, well… it’s in the aftertaste. Minty, just a little chocolate-y. The liquid itself doesn’t seem to have much going for it though. Sort of… woody tasting. It’s like drinking hot water and then chasing it with a mint chocolate candy. It smells so spectacular but the tea itself doesn’t live up the the expectations it causes by smelling so nice. I don’t think I’ll buy this again, but it was an interesting thing to try out at least.