As American As Apple Pie Black Yaupon Tea

Black Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Scheherazade

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Yaupon, as a tea varietal, is entirely new to me, At first glance, it looks a lot more like a mate or a guayusa; flakes of greenish-brown leaf that put me in mind (albeit fleetingly) of fish food....” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 1699 tasting notes

From Cat Spring Tea

A fine tasting, roasted flavor with a very complex, smoky, fermented taste of aged white pepper, Phellodendron bark, and a faint background hint of burnt ginseng. Reminiscent of both roasted yerba maté and Hojicha, the Japanese roasted tea.

About Cat Spring Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

Yaupon, as a tea varietal, is entirely new to me, At first glance, it looks a lot more like a mate or a guayusa; flakes of greenish-brown leaf that put me in mind (albeit fleetingly) of fish food. Closer inspection reveals that they’re actually quite sizable chunks of (very shiny) tea leaves, although not as oxidized as I expected given that they’re referring to this as a “black” tea. Generously scattered among the leaves are cubes of dried apple, almond slivers, small pieces of beetroot, and cinnamon chips. Even dry, the scent is pretty amazing – spot-on apple pie spices!

Read my full review here: http://sororiteasisters.com/2016/09/29/american-apple-pie-catspring-tea/

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp