Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride

Herbal Tea
Barley (Roasted), Milk Thistle, Natural Cookie Flavor, Orange Peel, Vanilla
Artificial, Butter, Pineapple, Cream, Vanilla, Baked Bread, Orange Zest
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

• “_I got them curriculum writin' blues_ _Those low-down curriculum writin' blues_ _I done been editorially corrected_ _And I feel lower than my shoes._ _I gotta rewrite five activites_ _Gotta...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1705 tasting notes
  • “I chose this one for my 1100th tasting note. I can't think of any caffeine free tea bag cups I like better. Add sweetener and it tastes like sugar cookie - just like it should. ” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1299 tasting notes
  • “So last year I was so happy with myself for sipping this down and I went ahead and bought another box the other day, I guess I must like it more than I am willing to admit. It helps if you use a...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2353 tasting notes
  • “I've let this cool for nearly half an hour now, and it smells like buttery dough and tastes like shortbread. OMG. This is seriously so good. This is what I expected from the S&V Almond tea, for...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1677 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

The holidays and freshly baked cookies just seem to go together. Every steaming cup of this naturally caffeine free blend releases the inviting aroma of sugar cookies straight from the oven! Like all Celestial Seasonings teas, Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride has no refined sweeteners or added sugars—just the delicious taste and healthful goodness of 100% natural ingredients.

Ingredients: Milk thistle, roasted barley, orange peel, natural sugar cookie flavor with other natural flavors and vanilla bean.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

I am not a fan of this tea, but my son likes it. Definitely more of a kids warm drink and less of a “tea” as far as I am concerned. Not something that I would ever be interested in drinking.

I don’t normally care for CS’s teas (except Sleepytime, which I love), but I really enjoy this seasonal blend! It smelt of sugar cookies and vanilla, which was a perfect way to end a meal..or a day…or keep me from eating myself out of house and home during late night studying for med school. I didn’t try it sweetened, but another reviewer’s suggestion of a bit of brown sugar sounds just about perfect.

It was good while it was steaming hot, had to dump it after it cooled down. Glad this was given to me because it would have been a sad waste of tea money.

This tea is very good, but you can tell flavorings have been added. Nonetheless, it does taste like you’re drinking a sugar cookie!

Rating -
For Barley Tea: 65/100
For Celestial Seasonings: 70/100
Overall: 67/100

I bought this one out of sheer curiousity (a cookie flavored tea? and caffeine free?) and because I had a big coupon. I was dubious, to tell the truth. After finishing half of the box, I’ll admit that it’s not a bad tea, and definitely a good dessert substitute. It’s not as sweet as I expected, although the teabags do smell just like a sugar cookie. I let it steep for 5 minutes, and don’t add anything to it. SCSR is not like any other tea I’ve ever tried, and oddly not as disgusting as ‘warm liquid cookie’ sounds to me. It’s just a bit sweet and a bit citrusy. If you’ve ever enjoyed sugar in your tea, it’s actually worth a try.

I got this on a dare (I know, not a great start to a review) because it was next to the tea I really wanted but couldn’t have (gingerbread). If you take a glass of milk and a box of sugar cookies and liquify them in a blender for 10 minutes, you’ll have this. It really honest to god does taste like a liquid sugar cookie (with a tiny tiny orange liqueur in there). …Unfortunately, I hate sugar cookies which makes this even more weird and unsettling.

After drinking Celestial Seasonings’ Gingerbread Spice holiday tea, I looked up the line of products on their website and saw that they had one called Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride. This sounded pretty delicious, and so began the search for this tea in grocery stores. I finally found it in a grocery store in Aledo, Texas, while on Christmas vacation.
The tea does have a sugar cookie and vanillay flavor. It’s a bit sweet already, so I wouldn’t recommend adding more than half a packet of sweetener at the most. While I do think this tea tastes like what it claims to taste like, I’m not actually sure if I like it all that much. It’s a bit too sweet and buttery in flavor. I certainly couldn’t drink more than one cup of this.
Not a terrible tea, but I probably wouldn’t buy it again after this box runs out. (If I ever manage to drink it all . . .)

My experience was similar to that of other reviewers – While the scent is amazing and just like sugar cookies, the taste is negligible. Faint citrus with some artificial vanilla. Next time I will try steeping it along with a bag of black tea – maybe the flavors will mingle nicely? On its own it just tastes too weak and watery.

This is my new favorite vanilla tea-very smooth and sweet. Would work to replace a treat- too bad I ate my brownie before I took my first sip. Probably oversteeped but still yummy.