Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride

Herbal Tea
Barley (Roasted), Milk Thistle, Natural Cookie Flavor, Orange Peel, Vanilla
Artificial, Butter, Pineapple, Cream, Vanilla, Baked Bread, Orange Zest
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

• “_I got them curriculum writin' blues_ _Those low-down curriculum writin' blues_ _I done been editorially corrected_ _And I feel lower than my shoes._ _I gotta rewrite five activites_ _Gotta...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1702 tasting notes
  • “I chose this one for my 1100th tasting note. I can't think of any caffeine free tea bag cups I like better. Add sweetener and it tastes like sugar cookie - just like it should. ” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1289 tasting notes
  • “So last year I was so happy with myself for sipping this down and I went ahead and bought another box the other day, I guess I must like it more than I am willing to admit. It helps if you use a...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2339 tasting notes
  • “I've let this cool for nearly half an hour now, and it smells like buttery dough and tastes like shortbread. OMG. This is seriously so good. This is what I expected from the S&V Almond tea, for...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1673 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

The holidays and freshly baked cookies just seem to go together. Every steaming cup of this naturally caffeine free blend releases the inviting aroma of sugar cookies straight from the oven! Like all Celestial Seasonings teas, Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride has no refined sweeteners or added sugars—just the delicious taste and healthful goodness of 100% natural ingredients.

Ingredients: Milk thistle, roasted barley, orange peel, natural sugar cookie flavor with other natural flavors and vanilla bean.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Another one from my trade with Tea Sipper!

This tea smells amazing, just coming out of the bag. It steeps to a very light blonde and you can hardly tell that it is tea but for the smell but the taste…! Truly tastes like a sugar cookie both in the taste and the after taste. This is really good. It’s January now but I may have to see if there is still some in the stores or on Amazon.

I had a box of neglected Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride sitting in my cupboard so I thought I’d give it some love today. How shall I describe the smell? Dry and brewed it smells exactly like the inside of a donut. Just a plain donut not even a sugar glazed one. When I took a sip I had to do a double take because I tasted nothing but hot water. I thought I forgot to put a bag in but I did.

Now I remember why I don’t reach for this tea more often. Instead of Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride, they should call it Donut Dough. I am debating whether I should chuck this in the bin. If I gave it to someone, they would probably hate me.

Lolita

do you still have this ? i would like to try it :) i wont hate you !!

Olfactory Obsessed

No I threw the box out unfortunately

The aroma was great, it does smell like sugar cookies. Good flavour, but not strong enough. Maybe it would better as rooibos tea.

Starfevre

I use two bags per mug and it works a bit better that way. Still not perfect, but better.

Lariel

I used two bags, as well.

Ellyn

I had trouble with this one. I could never get it just right.

When you open the box, put your nose right in there and breathe in deep. You’ll have that sugar cookie smell with you for about ten minutes after you’ve walked into another room while letting the tea steep. I put brown sugar in my cup, which turned out to make it too sweet. Hits the tongue nicely and doesn’t leave a peculiar aftertaste, like some other kinds of sweet tea.

Don’t be put off by the “Sleigh Ride” part of the tea’s name. There’s no actual taste of a sleigh involved.

I’m really tempted to eat actual sugar cookies with this. Anyone do that yet and lived to tell the tale?

rabbysmom

Laughing at the sleigh comment! Like this tea too- it’s fun to drink :)

This really tastes like a buttery sugar cookie with notes of vanilla and just the right amount of orange. I don’t add sugar or (soy) milk, because I try to keep it simple and to adjust my palate. It’s pretty much like that Girl Scout Cookie
My thoughts on novelty flavors…? I’m guessing the flavors are vegan, because it’s certified Parve Kosher and not dairy Kosher, so I’ll assume it contains no dairy- a plus
So, what’s the point besides? Is it just a warm beverage without caffene that tastes like a sugar cookie? I had to investigate the main ingredients and what benefits they may add to consuming it..
Milk Thistle-good for the liver
Roasted Barley-remedy for cold and flu for breaking up congestion, phlegm and other symptoms of the nasty seasonal bug
ok, now it’s worth it. Probably great when you are craving Girl Scout Cookies and don’t know any Girl Scouts

SunnyinNY

Thanks for the health related part!
I need to steal, I mean get a teabag of this from you before I buy another box of Celestial Seasonings holiday flavors. I’ll bring you the Gingerbread Spice if you didn’t already buy it. IT’s good.

As I imbibed this buttery tea bursting with flavorful sugar and memories of warm crisp delights, the mysteries and enigmas of the universe were elucidated for me. There was only light; pure, soft light, as silken as the belly of a fur seal and as healing as the perfumed fountains of Mesopotamian princes of old.

I weep as I drink, I weep for the lamb-like boy I once was, brimming with curiosity and armed with a brave stomach capable of consuming dozens of sugar cookie bites without end.

I know most people don’t seem to like this tea, but I love it. It is a great afternoon herbal tea. It smells and tastes like a vanilla wafer. Brew it for a long time (5-6 minutes) and then give it a good stir before removing the tea bag. Add minimal sugar or a tiny dash of agave nectar. I’m going to be sad when this one runs out. I am on my second box of it and I had to order it off the internet.

Lisbet

I have a box in my house right now too! I like it :) Our Whole Foods still has a big surplus though.

Kristin

I usually get tired of tea long before I finish the box or bag… but I am on my second box of this and still like it.

I just looked and I can still get it from LuckyVitamin.com if I decide I need more. I’m hoping that new order from SpecialTeas will hold me for a while!

Stephanie

I love this tea too! Every place around me is out of it (of course). I know Celestial Seasoning’s website still has it available for sale but the shipping is so high. Thanks for the heads up about LuckyVitamin!

Kristin

Oh man… I didn’t mean to tell everyone about my secret stash, lol. LuckyVitamin shipping isn’t too bad if you order a couple of boxes of things because the tea is cheaper (if that makes any sense).

Really good for a holiday tea, but by the time January arrives I am pretty much over it. Kind of like candy corn at Halloween. I eat it and eat it and then want nothing to do with it for another year. This tea actually lives up to its promises. It manages to taste cookie-ish! I add some sugar and usually leave the bag in the whole time Im drinking it.

You’ll need to really force the flavor out of this one. I have to use two tea bags in a ~8oz mug to get any taste at all, and even then a very long steep is required for it to not seem like mildly flavored hot water. There’s not much reward for this effort, either: despite a strong cookie-like smell, this doesn’t taste very authentic. Sure, the flavor falls somewhat in the arena of cookies (with a notable hint of orange), but it’s missing any kind of wow factor. You’d be much better off just having some actual sugar cookies with your tea.

I made the mistake of expecting a lot from this tea; since I’m a huge fan of Candy Cane Lane, I thought Celestial Seasonings’ other holiday offerings might be of a similarly unusually high quality. Unfortunately, Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride is completely underwhelming.

teataku

I kind of found that too. This one is definitely “meh.”

I’m making a concerted effort to get through my sample boxes, and this is another one from Michelle. I brewed up one sachet in my Timolino. Its a tasty dessert tea, great for a bit of fun (or needed perking up today given my horrendous night’s sleep). It does taste like a sugar cookie, which to me means tasty and a nice treat, but nothing exceptional, and the tea gets this spot on, so they’ve done well there. I can get why this would be nice on a northern Christmas.

In happy news, its Thursday so its yoga day for me, I can’t wait for my class this afternoon. And my tax return self present, a Blendtec, arrived earlier. Can’t wait to make my green smoothie in the morning (with green tea as the base of course!

200 °F / 93 °C