Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride

Herbal Tea
Barley (Roasted), Milk Thistle, Natural Cookie Flavor, Orange Peel, Vanilla
Butter, Vanilla, Lemon, Sugar, Sweet, Artificial, Cookie, Almond, Baked Bread, Orange Zest, Lemon Zest, Coconut, Orange, Pineapple, Cream
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Сова

From Celestial Seasonings

The holidays and freshly baked cookies just seem to go together. Every steaming cup of this naturally caffeine free blend releases the inviting aroma of sugar cookies straight from the oven! Like all Celestial Seasonings teas, Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride has no refined sweeteners or added sugars—just the delicious taste and healthful goodness of 100% natural ingredients.

Ingredients: Milk thistle, roasted barley, orange peel, natural sugar cookie flavor with other natural flavors and vanilla bean.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

To me, this is sickeningly sweet.

browns6

I want to buy it, but its only available online…and really expensive…Will you send me the rest of your box???

I wanted something sweet while watching my show Colony. It smells just like sugar cookies. It is sweet but kind of weak. I added almond milk and it definitely satisfied my sweet tooth.

Yeah, this is awesome with sweetener. Like a lemon sugar cookie with honey, if you add honey.

This smelled amazing… unfortunately I discovered that it had barley in it after I bought it. No gluten for this celiac.

I’ve been dying to try this tea for a few years now but could never find it anywhere. Lo and behold, I finally found it at my local Publix and grabbed a box.

The smell of this tea is to die for. It’s so sweet, buttery, and warm – just like a real sugar cookie! The liqueur was a pretty pale blonde, much like cookie dough. By itself, the flavor was lacking a little but it was improved by adding a little vanilla soymilk for a little extra sweetness and creaminess.

I was thoroughly impressed with this tea and will be buying a few more boxes to tide me over until next year. This is a great holiday tea, but works just as well to sip as a dessert tea.

Flavors: Butter, Vanilla

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

LOVE this tea. It really tastes like a cup full of hot, buttery, sugar cookies. I got this tea mainly bc I wanted to curb my nighttime sweet snack. This satisfies my sweet tooth and is much better than anything I was snacking on.

Flavors: Vanilla

I must admit this tea is really good. I kept seeing people talk about it and finally placed an order then made a cup. Very light almost floral in a way. A touch of lemon (which I am not a fan of any lemon coming near tea) and a bit of butter. Sounds so weird but on those nights where you want a sugar cookie but don’t want to make any or go to the store to have one, this is a great option.

Flavors: Butter, Lemon, Sugar, Sweet, Vanilla

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML

Hmm. The flavor is certainly mild. It’s not as strong as my favorite teas; then again, it’s a namebrand tea, they seem to be afraid of “BOOM B***H HERE’S YOUR FLAVOR”. (Except for Harney and Sons.)

It has a pleasant sugar cookie taste, and when I first started drinking it after adding sweetener I really liked it. But then I noticed a hingering aftertaste…research online shows they’ve added stevia to this tea as part of the ‘natural flavors’, which I’m not a huge fan of. I’d drink this again, but I wish I knew what the old formula tasted like.

Flavors: Artificial, Cookie, Sugar, Sweet

I love this seasonal tea! I enjoy drinking a decaf tea often, especially at night when I really don’t need or want caffeine. I’ve drank this many times and have gone through two boxes of my stash of 10 from Amazon (a brilliant Amazon Prime purchase, if I do say so myself.) This is the closest to perfection in flavor and ability to be manhandled while brewing. It loses it’s lovely richness in iced tea, so it’s not perfect for all applications.

The flavors:
*I find the “natural flavoring” for the sugar cookie flavor isn’t unnatural or extra oily and is quite pleasant. It reminds me a lot of a shortbread/sugar cookie hybrid without the oily butter flavor that can start to taste slightly rancid in storage.
*There’s a tiny hint of almond and sweetness.
*I like that it’s not very sweet as brewed so I can keep it richer as-is or add my own sugar content to taste. I tend to add my own creamer and a small amount of sugar; So Delicious Coconut Creamer + agave, Coffeemate Original powder, cashew milk/cream + honey. I don’t consume milk products and don’t enjoy adding most milks because I prefer denser, richer flavors. This tea steeped longer could withstand milks vs creams, though.
*Mixes exceptionally well with peppermint tea.

Water temperature:
*This tea works well with boiling or just under boiling water. I don’t find any enhanced bitterness with any particular brewing method, which is lovely. For a grocery store bagged tea, that’s pretty amazing.
*I don’t enjoy it nearly as much iced. The cookie flavoring gets lost in iced tea. This decreases the rating slightly for me, but not nearly as much since this isn’t the type of tea one would normally make iced tea out of. It’s still pleasant iced, but the flavor isn’t as lovely.

Steeping times:
*3 minutes minimum, the tea is more malty and the cookie flavor hasn’t fully bloomed
*After 3.5 minutes the sugar cookie is more pronounced but not as rich as possible
*I brew it for a minimum of 4 minutes to enhance the sugar cookie flavor.
*Longer times don’t increase the bitterness much, if at all, as long as it doesn’t cool too much.

Flavors: Almond, Cookie, Vanilla

This is a shock! I made a cup of this while cleaning up my room, and within two minutes it smelled like I had been baking. The taste is warm and comforting too, and somehow this tea manages to be buttery, just like a cookie. I admit my reasoning for getting it was “hey, it’s on sale,” but I’m glad I went for it. Yum!