Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride

Herbal Tea
Barley (Roasted), Milk Thistle, Natural Cookie Flavor, Orange Peel, Vanilla
Artificial, Butter, Pineapple, Cream, Vanilla, Baked Bread, Orange Zest
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

• “_I got them curriculum writin' blues_ _Those low-down curriculum writin' blues_ _I done been editorially corrected_ _And I feel lower than my shoes._ _I gotta rewrite five activites_ _Gotta...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1693 tasting notes
  • “I chose this one for my 1100th tasting note. I can't think of any caffeine free tea bag cups I like better. Add sweetener and it tastes like sugar cookie - just like it should. ” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1250 tasting notes
  • “So last year I was so happy with myself for sipping this down and I went ahead and bought another box the other day, I guess I must like it more than I am willing to admit. It helps if you use a...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2309 tasting notes
  • “I've let this cool for nearly half an hour now, and it smells like buttery dough and tastes like shortbread. OMG. This is seriously so good. This is what I expected from the S&V Almond tea, for...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1639 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

The holidays and freshly baked cookies just seem to go together. Every steaming cup of this naturally caffeine free blend releases the inviting aroma of sugar cookies straight from the oven! Like all Celestial Seasonings teas, Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride has no refined sweeteners or added sugars—just the delicious taste and healthful goodness of 100% natural ingredients.

Ingredients: Milk thistle, roasted barley, orange peel, natural sugar cookie flavor with other natural flavors and vanilla bean.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

To me, this is sickeningly sweet.

browns6

I want to buy it, but its only available online…and really expensive…Will you send me the rest of your box???

I really didn’t enjoy this tea. It tasted to me like sweetened artificial butter flavoring and smelled like pineapple. The combination was very unpleasant to me. I ended up throwing the rest of the box out.

Flavors: Artificial, Butter, Pineapple

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Holy Shanghai 0_0
This tastes and smells exactly like a sugar cookie. No joke! I can’t explain it in any other way-it’s just like eating a cookie. I’m in love!
Thank you soo much, mj1851!! I’m gonna have to stock up on this tea! :D

Cameron B.

I usually grab a box of this one around Christmas. It’s very tasty and I love caffeine free options! Nutcracker Sweet is also good (from the same series).

Ost

I have never seen it in stores before! I’ve totally been missing out through all the years! So glad to finally try! (:

Cameron B.

Yeah Celestial Seasonings has like 4 or 5 limited holiday blends. There’s also a candy cane green tea and a pumpkin spice. :)

Ost

I’ll have to try those sometime! (:

albertocanfly

I just discovered that these exist, tooooo!!! Now I really want to get them:P Is it Christmas, yet?:D

I know, right? XD

albertocanfly

But seriously, how have I missed these at the grocery store for so many years?? :P

Ost

Well you’re not the only one! XD

Cameron B.

Last time I bought them, they were on a special display and it wasn’t in the tea aisle. Maybe your stores were hiding them, too!

Maybe!

A sample from VariaTEA. I couldn’t work out last night whether I liked this one or not. The first sip made me think not, but then the second was really nice. Towards the end of the cup I started to feel a little overwhelmed by it, and began to wonder whether it just wasn’t for me. I suspect it’ll take a few more cups before I can really decide one way or the other. Maybe a smaller cup, too, because it’s quite a rich tasting tea.

The first sip was very, very almondy. Almost like ground almonds when you open a fresh packet. The second sip was more cookie-like, with a buttery, sweet, baked biscuit flavour coming through really well. It really did remind me of an iced sugar cookie, which is another Christmas-related treat I enjoy immensely. When the combination works, it works really well. I felt at times though that all I could really taste was almond, and that’s not such a favourite flavour. It’s also quite rich and cloying, as you might expect liquid biscuit to be, and so (as I’ve said already) by the end of the cup I was struggling a little. I’m pretty sure I like it, but I’ll definitely give this one a couple more chances before I firm up my opinion. Thanks again to VariaTEA for sharing this with me — I’ve been curious about it for some time!

K S

I love this one. I even add sweetener – cause its sugar cookie. I love the addition of orange, unexpected and delicious.

The super awesome mj1851 sent me a whole BOX of this :D yes, it’s bagged tea, but don’t be a hater, ‘cause this is SO good. It is more like liquid shortbread than liquid sugar cookie, and that’s bonus points in my books! The tea is litterally pouring down my chin because I can’t drink it fast enough. So glad I made a whole pot of this.

mj

Haha, I love it that much too! I may have gotten a tad too excited about this tea when I discovered it this past Christmas and thought, “OMG I won’t be able to buy this until next Christmas?!?!”…. and subsequently bought 8 boxes. Since you mentioned that it’s not even sold in Canada, I thought I’d share the wealth! I’m glad you like it :-)

Virginia

Well, next holiday seasson, I’ll look for it and if I can’t find it, I might ask you to ship me a few boxes cuz whooaaa so goood. Will you be my christmas tea mule? lol

mj

I will totally be your christmas tea mule. That would be so fun! I’d get to be one of Santa’s elves lol

After the day I had, I needed some comfort and this one is perfect! Just like a fresh-baked cookie without having to bake said cookie. Yum. Now on to the wine portion of the evening.

This tea tastes just like a Sugar Cookie. It has the butteriness of a sugar cookie. The citrus pulls this tea together. I have a cup of this at least twice a week. It is very weak with just one bag so I use 2.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Butter, Orange Zest, Vanilla

190 °F / 87 °C 7 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

I happened across this one in one of those odds and ends shop that sell all sorts of small things relatively cheaply. I don’t really like shopping in there much, because although they have lots of fun things to look at, the shop is laid out so that you follow a path all the way from the door to the till and if you later discover you want to go back and look at something again, it can be difficult getting back there, because the path is fairly narrow. If there are many people in the shop, you can forget about it. Easier to just go through and go in again. Not really something that makes for a pleasant shopping experience in my book.

I knew they had a selection of Celestial Seasonings as well, but I thought it was much the same as everywhere else that has CS these days. It’s a relatively new brand in Denmark, it’s only been available here for a few years and compared to you Americans we’ve only got a fraction of the available flavours. Obviously this was not one I thought I’d see here at all, but there was one box, so I took it. I remember the name of this one from Steepster, and I remember people have been raving madly about one of these Christmas-y flavours. Couldn’t remember which one, so having checked the ingredients for known dislikes (none) I took the box on the off chance that it might be this one.

It has a funny creamy smell. I can smell vanilla and orange, and it’s a creamy-thick smell. It reminds me strongly of something I know I know, but I can’t think what it might be. Husband had the same sort of reaction when he tried it. Smelled familiar to him but he couldn’t think what it was.

I gather it’s the milk thistle that makes it feel like warm milk. I can also detect orange and vanilla quite clearly in the flavour, but apart from that it tastes very much like coconut to me. I’m surprised actually that there doesn’t appear to be coconut in it at all. Is that the flavour of thistle, then? Coconut-y?

It’s pleasant enough, but not really something I would get in much of a state over. In a large mug I find it a little cloying towards the bottom. I think this one box will be enough.

I’ll have to dare another visit to that shop though, and have a closer look at their CS selection, because clearly it must be MUCH larger than I’ve seen anywhere else. I’ve become fairly interested in it lately what with Husband having taught me this ’ cup of herbal while reading in bed’ habit. I never cared about it before at all. Funny how things can change. Perhaps they even have that Sleepytime Vanilla. Wouldn’t that be typical now that MissB is sending me a few boxes?

As this is a queued post, it has been a while now since MissB provided me with a good supply of Sleepytime Vanilla. I am halfway through my third box of those…

Flyawaybirdie

I’m not a fan of those ‘go only in one direction’ shops either. I went to Ikea the other weekend and had to go around the showroom about three or four times. I’ll have to check out CS, I’m in the US but have never really gone for any of their offerings.

Angrboda

Ikea isn’t even too bad for that here, because the ‘paths’ are wide enough that you can go back or you can slip between the displays. In this shop the path is only about two people wide and you have to go through till and outside and in again if you want to go back but can’t. (Or be a pain to everyone else to get back, in which case I often actually prefer going through and in again.)

Thanks VariaTea for sending me like half my wishlist, this included! You’re a sneaky generous one, that’s for sure.

Because she sent me like five hundred teabags of this, Mr. keychange and I both had a large mug full, and each used two tea bags. I’m thinking that was a good choice, as six minutes later, the tea indeed tasted very much like a sugar cookie. Actually, it tasted spot on for shortbread, and although the mouth feel was a bit thin (I wonder if that’s just because it’s bagged tea and so the leaves can’t “swim” as much), the resemblance to a sugar cookie is uncanny—especially towards the end of the sip, when you really get that bready, yeasty, buttery taste that the best sugar cookies have (oh, and speaking of sugar cookies, Mr. Keychange and I made banana pudding sugar cookies, thanks to the recipe provided by our very own roswell strange!) . Having said all of those things, the fact that this yielded a thin cup was a little disappointing.

Bottom line: I might actually look around for this next winter, but am not going to be writing dark poetry about its absence until then.

VariaTEA

I am glad you got shortbread. I tried but all I ever got was soggy crackers from this one :(. Banana pudding sugar cookies sound delicious btw. I wanted to try them so badly every time Roswell Strange mentioned them

Roswell Strange

Ooh! Did you like the cookies?

keychange

I sure did! And we even made icing for them and I can’t wait to dig into them when I go home. Nom.

I really enjoyed this tea. This is my first dessert tea and I am in love. It tastes like a vanilla cookie. Very scrumptious. Just the right amount of sweetness, I added a little bit of Splenda because what the hell!

Flavors: Vanilla