Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride

Herbal Tea
Barley (Roasted), Milk Thistle, Natural Cookie Flavor, Orange Peel, Vanilla
Butter, Coconut, Cookie, Orange, Sweet, Vanilla, Pastries, Artificial, Pineapple, Lemon, Cream, Baked Bread, Orange Zest
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

• “_I got them curriculum writin' blues_ _Those low-down curriculum writin' blues_ _I done been editorially corrected_ _And I feel lower than my shoes._ _I gotta rewrite five activites_ _Gotta...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1767 tasting notes
  • “60 mile round trip to Target for two boxes of Sleigh Ride and a box of pumpkin Pop Tarts, so I could sit and enjoy them with NCIS. Totally worth it. ” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1408 tasting notes
  • “So last year I was so happy with myself for sipping this down and I went ahead and bought another box the other day, I guess I must like it more than I am willing to admit. It helps if you use a...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2577 tasting notes
  • “I've let this cool for nearly half an hour now, and it smells like buttery dough and tastes like shortbread. OMG. This is seriously so good. This is what I expected from the S&V Almond tea, for...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

The holidays and freshly baked cookies just seem to go together. Every steaming cup of this naturally caffeine free blend releases the inviting aroma of sugar cookies straight from the oven! Like all Celestial Seasonings teas, Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride has no refined sweeteners or added sugars—just the delicious taste and healthful goodness of 100% natural ingredients.

Ingredients: Milk thistle, roasted barley, orange peel, natural sugar cookie flavor with other natural flavors and vanilla bean.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

To me, this is sickeningly sweet.

browns6

I want to buy it, but its only available online…and really expensive…Will you send me the rest of your box???

Another one from my cupboard. I purchased this at Target because I remembered liking it a couple of years ago, and it was the only holiday tea they had that I was at all interested in. The bag smells quite good, it’s an interesting choice to put orange in a sugar cookie tea, but I approve since I like orange. Otherwise, it smells very sweet and sugar cookie-ish.

Uh… The steeped tea smells like scrambled eggs to me. Yes, I can also smell the sweet cookie notes, but the egg part is extremely distracting. The taste is actually much better, and it doesn’t really taste like scrambled eggs. However, I’m unsure why it tastes like coconut? Seems odd for a sugar cookie. I can taste a little bit of orange, and it’s a nice accent to the cookie flavor. It did come out a bit weak, so next time I think I would use two tea bags per cup.

Flavors: Butter, Coconut, Cookie, Orange, Sweet, Vanilla

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
The Cookie Lady

This totally reminded me of the time I tried a new recipe for roll-out sugar cookies that came out smelling AND tasting just like eggs. I skipped putting the crystal sugar on in the rest of the batches and we instead ate them with bacon the next morning :) Waste not, want not! (But, seriously, they were terrible lol)

Fjellrev

You’ve managed to do two things: make me lose interest in this tea since it seems quite popular amongst American Steepsterites and make me want scrambled eggs for breakfast. :)

OMGsrsly

Cookie Lady, that’s HILARIOUS!

Because I am a lemming and thought this would be awesome, I bought two boxes of this (Target isn’t super close to my house).

The dry bad smelled like a cookie with a little citrus rind on it, so far so good. It brewed up a sort of non color, maybe almost clear but with a hint of something. Pretty murky and not so appealing.

Hot, I smelled COCONUT Alarm bells! I went and double checked the ingredients. No coconut. Folks, I ate a mouthful of hidden coconut last weekend and thought my head was going to do the exorcist spin. YUCK. Anyway, I took the leap and drank some.

First sip I didn’t like it. What is that flavor…buttery, sort of vanilla, definitely sweet. Couldn’t place it.

Marshmallow? OK. Marshmallow and butter. Then I had it! You know when you make homemade krispy treats, and the first step is to melt the butter and add marshmallows? That’s exactly what this tastes like. It tastes much more like a krispy treat than the krispy treat tea I had once. I bet if you made this with some genmaicha it would be right there.

But anyway, while it wasn’t super bad, it wasn’t good either. I will probably try one more cup and use someone’s suggestion to leave the bag in there. But it definitely wasn’t a wow moment.

boychik

i would be surprised if you liked it after trying so many great teas

TeaBrat

I think I have used 2 teabags for more flavor on this one. I’m surprised so many people think it’s good, lol

VariaTEA

I bought this expecting to love it too and all I ever got from it was soggy crackers

christeana1

My nephew loves this one….but we discovered it needs milk and sugar to bring out the sugar cookie flavor.

cookies

I didn’t pick it out before, but now that you mention it I definitely see the marshmallow in there. Wonder if it’s similar to 52’s Marshmallow Genmaicha?

mrmopar

Could be sentimental for some. Constant Comment will always have a place in my heart as it was the first loose tea I ever drank.

madametj

Did you do sugar? It’s right there in the name, this one needs sugar! :P Milk doesn’t hurt either.

This is disgusting. I got it after hearing how great it was last year, and had high hopes. I took my first sip and was alarmed at how much like cookies it tasted. Then, halfway through my big mug I was feeling slightly sick to my stomach at the sickly sweet scent and all I could taste was artificial flavoring. Huge disappointment, but I know so many people who love it, the rest of my box will be rehomed.

I’ve heard people rave about this tisane, so when I saw it amongst a bunch of Celestian Seasonings holiday blends I grabbed it up. I’m not much of an herbal tea person in general but I have to admit this one is pretty nice. It really does have a super buttery quality about it, it’s kind of amazing. And it’s quite heavy on the orange which I am a big fan of. It is giving me an odd aftertaste though, which I think means there might be some licorice root hiding out in there. While I’ve become less opposed to it lately, it’s still not my favorite. I’ll have to try it again with some soy milk as that usually tames the aftertaste. But even as-is I’m glad I purchased it. I’m sure I’ll enjoy it quite a bit during the upcoming cooler months.

Flavors: Butter, Cookie, Orange, Pastries

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 6 OZ / 177 ML

This reminds me of something at my grandmas house. Something that is not a sugar cookie. Or maybe its a store bought day old weird sugar cookie. Whatever the case… this doesn’t taste like a sugar cookie. It has a bit of vanilla and a cakeish flavor but… I’m just not diggin it…

I really didn’t enjoy this tea. It tasted to me like sweetened artificial butter flavoring and smelled like pineapple. The combination was very unpleasant to me. I ended up throwing the rest of the box out.

Flavors: Artificial, Butter, Pineapple

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

So glad I stocked up on this one! This one is just…so perfect. ^^ And caffeine free!!! :O :D

Flavors: Butter, Cookie, Lemon, Sweet

Marzipan

I haven’t found this one yet.

Ost

I couldn’t find it at Walmart or Vons, but found it at Target!

Marzipan

I knew I should have gone to Target today!

Cameron B.

Last time I checked my Target, they only had lame ones like Pumpkin Spice. Need to check again!

gmathis

I am rabidly watching for Bigelow Ginger Snappish…has it surfaced in your part of the country yet?

Ost

I really don’t like Bigelow teas, so I wasn’t really noticing what they had. Sorry! D:

The Cookie Lady

gmathis I saw Ginger Snappish at Sprouts this morning, so yes it has! Let me know if you aren’t able to find it. I can always send some to you!

Cameron B.

Checked my Target and they only had Gingerbread Spice, Harvest Pumpkin, and Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride. The Sugar Cookie was the only one I wanted, and I was hoping to find the new cranberry vanilla one or Nutcracker Sweet/Candy Cane Lane! Bah!

gmathis

Thank you, C.L.! For the moment I’ll consider that a signal that it is oozing its way toward retail shelves in my part of the world.

A sample from VariaTEA. I couldn’t work out last night whether I liked this one or not. The first sip made me think not, but then the second was really nice. Towards the end of the cup I started to feel a little overwhelmed by it, and began to wonder whether it just wasn’t for me. I suspect it’ll take a few more cups before I can really decide one way or the other. Maybe a smaller cup, too, because it’s quite a rich tasting tea.

The first sip was very, very almondy. Almost like ground almonds when you open a fresh packet. The second sip was more cookie-like, with a buttery, sweet, baked biscuit flavour coming through really well. It really did remind me of an iced sugar cookie, which is another Christmas-related treat I enjoy immensely. When the combination works, it works really well. I felt at times though that all I could really taste was almond, and that’s not such a favourite flavour. It’s also quite rich and cloying, as you might expect liquid biscuit to be, and so (as I’ve said already) by the end of the cup I was struggling a little. I’m pretty sure I like it, but I’ll definitely give this one a couple more chances before I firm up my opinion. Thanks again to VariaTEA for sharing this with me — I’ve been curious about it for some time!

K S

I love this one. I even add sweetener – cause its sugar cookie. I love the addition of orange, unexpected and delicious.

The super awesome mj1851 sent me a whole BOX of this :D yes, it’s bagged tea, but don’t be a hater, ‘cause this is SO good. It is more like liquid shortbread than liquid sugar cookie, and that’s bonus points in my books! The tea is litterally pouring down my chin because I can’t drink it fast enough. So glad I made a whole pot of this.

mj

Haha, I love it that much too! I may have gotten a tad too excited about this tea when I discovered it this past Christmas and thought, “OMG I won’t be able to buy this until next Christmas?!?!”…. and subsequently bought 8 boxes. Since you mentioned that it’s not even sold in Canada, I thought I’d share the wealth! I’m glad you like it :-)

Virginia

Well, next holiday seasson, I’ll look for it and if I can’t find it, I might ask you to ship me a few boxes cuz whooaaa so goood. Will you be my christmas tea mule? lol

mj

I will totally be your christmas tea mule. That would be so fun! I’d get to be one of Santa’s elves lol