Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride

Herbal Tea
Barley (Roasted), Milk Thistle, Natural Cookie Flavor, Orange Peel, Vanilla
Artificial, Cookie, Sugar, Sweet, Almond, Vanilla, Baked Bread, Butter, Orange Zest, Coconut, Orange, Pastries, Pineapple, Lemon, Cream
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

From Celestial Seasonings

The holidays and freshly baked cookies just seem to go together. Every steaming cup of this naturally caffeine free blend releases the inviting aroma of sugar cookies straight from the oven! Like all Celestial Seasonings teas, Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride has no refined sweeteners or added sugars—just the delicious taste and healthful goodness of 100% natural ingredients.

Ingredients: Milk thistle, roasted barley, orange peel, natural sugar cookie flavor with other natural flavors and vanilla bean.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

To me, this is sickeningly sweet.

I want to buy it, but its only available online…and really expensive…Will you send me the rest of your box???

Hmm. The flavor is certainly mild. It’s not as strong as my favorite teas; then again, it’s a namebrand tea, they seem to be afraid of “BOOM B***H HERE’S YOUR FLAVOR”. (Except for Harney and Sons.)

It has a pleasant sugar cookie taste, and when I first started drinking it after adding sweetener I really liked it. But then I noticed a hingering aftertaste…research online shows they’ve added stevia to this tea as part of the ‘natural flavors’, which I’m not a huge fan of. I’d drink this again, but I wish I knew what the old formula tasted like.

Flavors: Artificial, Cookie, Sugar, Sweet

I love this seasonal tea! I enjoy drinking a decaf tea often, especially at night when I really don’t need or want caffeine. I’ve drank this many times and have gone through two boxes of my stash of 10 from Amazon (a brilliant Amazon Prime purchase, if I do say so myself.) This is the closest to perfection in flavor and ability to be manhandled while brewing. It loses it’s lovely richness in iced tea, so it’s not perfect for all applications.

The flavors:
*I find the “natural flavoring” for the sugar cookie flavor isn’t unnatural or extra oily and is quite pleasant. It reminds me a lot of a shortbread/sugar cookie hybrid without the oily butter flavor that can start to taste slightly rancid in storage.
*There’s a tiny hint of almond and sweetness.
*I like that it’s not very sweet as brewed so I can keep it richer as-is or add my own sugar content to taste. I tend to add my own creamer and a small amount of sugar; So Delicious Coconut Creamer + agave, Coffeemate Original powder, cashew milk/cream + honey. I don’t consume milk products and don’t enjoy adding most milks because I prefer denser, richer flavors. This tea steeped longer could withstand milks vs creams, though.
*Mixes exceptionally well with peppermint tea.

Water temperature:
*This tea works well with boiling or just under boiling water. I don’t find any enhanced bitterness with any particular brewing method, which is lovely. For a grocery store bagged tea, that’s pretty amazing.
*I don’t enjoy it nearly as much iced. The cookie flavoring gets lost in iced tea. This decreases the rating slightly for me, but not nearly as much since this isn’t the type of tea one would normally make iced tea out of. It’s still pleasant iced, but the flavor isn’t as lovely.

Steeping times:
*3 minutes minimum, the tea is more malty and the cookie flavor hasn’t fully bloomed
*After 3.5 minutes the sugar cookie is more pronounced but not as rich as possible
*I brew it for a minimum of 4 minutes to enhance the sugar cookie flavor.
*Longer times don’t increase the bitterness much, if at all, as long as it doesn’t cool too much.

Flavors: Almond, Cookie, Vanilla

This is a shock! I made a cup of this while cleaning up my room, and within two minutes it smelled like I had been baking. The taste is warm and comforting too, and somehow this tea manages to be buttery, just like a cookie. I admit my reasoning for getting it was “hey, it’s on sale,” but I’m glad I went for it. Yum!

I’ve been wanting to try this one for forever… I finally found it at Shaw’s of all places (along with a fully stocked display of Caramel Apple Dream!)

I’m in love! This tastes EXACTLY like a sugar cookie. I’m on my second cup already. It’s a creamy tea, and it’s sweet and bready and buttery and perfect.

I wish they made this and the Caramel Apple year round, but I suppose if they did, they wouldn’t be as special.

+1 on the Caramel Apple Dream being made available year round.

I have been looking and looking and haven’t seen this one in a single seasonal display, and that makes me sad cause it sounds delicious.

Shaw’s has both! I know that Amazon has them, too.

Another one from my cupboard. I purchased this at Target because I remembered liking it a couple of years ago, and it was the only holiday tea they had that I was at all interested in. The bag smells quite good, it’s an interesting choice to put orange in a sugar cookie tea, but I approve since I like orange. Otherwise, it smells very sweet and sugar cookie-ish.

Uh… The steeped tea smells like scrambled eggs to me. Yes, I can also smell the sweet cookie notes, but the egg part is extremely distracting. The taste is actually much better, and it doesn’t really taste like scrambled eggs. However, I’m unsure why it tastes like coconut? Seems odd for a sugar cookie. I can taste a little bit of orange, and it’s a nice accent to the cookie flavor. It did come out a bit weak, so next time I think I would use two tea bags per cup.

Flavors: Butter, Coconut, Cookie, Orange, Sweet, Vanilla

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
The Cookie Lady

This totally reminded me of the time I tried a new recipe for roll-out sugar cookies that came out smelling AND tasting just like eggs. I skipped putting the crystal sugar on in the rest of the batches and we instead ate them with bacon the next morning :) Waste not, want not! (But, seriously, they were terrible lol)

You’ve managed to do two things: make me lose interest in this tea since it seems quite popular amongst American Steepsterites and make me want scrambled eggs for breakfast. :)

Cookie Lady, that’s HILARIOUS!

Because I am a lemming and thought this would be awesome, I bought two boxes of this (Target isn’t super close to my house).

The dry bad smelled like a cookie with a little citrus rind on it, so far so good. It brewed up a sort of non color, maybe almost clear but with a hint of something. Pretty murky and not so appealing.

Hot, I smelled COCONUT Alarm bells! I went and double checked the ingredients. No coconut. Folks, I ate a mouthful of hidden coconut last weekend and thought my head was going to do the exorcist spin. YUCK. Anyway, I took the leap and drank some.

First sip I didn’t like it. What is that flavor…buttery, sort of vanilla, definitely sweet. Couldn’t place it.

Marshmallow? OK. Marshmallow and butter. Then I had it! You know when you make homemade krispy treats, and the first step is to melt the butter and add marshmallows? That’s exactly what this tastes like. It tastes much more like a krispy treat than the krispy treat tea I had once. I bet if you made this with some genmaicha it would be right there.

But anyway, while it wasn’t super bad, it wasn’t good either. I will probably try one more cup and use someone’s suggestion to leave the bag in there. But it definitely wasn’t a wow moment.

i would be surprised if you liked it after trying so many great teas

I think I have used 2 teabags for more flavor on this one. I’m surprised so many people think it’s good, lol

I bought this expecting to love it too and all I ever got from it was soggy crackers

My nephew loves this one….but we discovered it needs milk and sugar to bring out the sugar cookie flavor.

I didn’t pick it out before, but now that you mention it I definitely see the marshmallow in there. Wonder if it’s similar to 52’s Marshmallow Genmaicha?

Could be sentimental for some. Constant Comment will always have a place in my heart as it was the first loose tea I ever drank.

Did you do sugar? It’s right there in the name, this one needs sugar! :P Milk doesn’t hurt either.

This is disgusting. I got it after hearing how great it was last year, and had high hopes. I took my first sip and was alarmed at how much like cookies it tasted. Then, halfway through my big mug I was feeling slightly sick to my stomach at the sickly sweet scent and all I could taste was artificial flavoring. Huge disappointment, but I know so many people who love it, the rest of my box will be rehomed.

I’ve heard people rave about this tisane, so when I saw it amongst a bunch of Celestian Seasonings holiday blends I grabbed it up. I’m not much of an herbal tea person in general but I have to admit this one is pretty nice. It really does have a super buttery quality about it, it’s kind of amazing. And it’s quite heavy on the orange which I am a big fan of. It is giving me an odd aftertaste though, which I think means there might be some licorice root hiding out in there. While I’ve become less opposed to it lately, it’s still not my favorite. I’ll have to try it again with some soy milk as that usually tames the aftertaste. But even as-is I’m glad I purchased it. I’m sure I’ll enjoy it quite a bit during the upcoming cooler months.

Flavors: Butter, Cookie, Orange, Pastries

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 6 OZ / 177 ML

This reminds me of something at my grandmas house. Something that is not a sugar cookie. Or maybe its a store bought day old weird sugar cookie. Whatever the case… this doesn’t taste like a sugar cookie. It has a bit of vanilla and a cakeish flavor but… I’m just not diggin it…