Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride

Herbal Tea
Barley (Roasted), Milk Thistle, Natural Cookie Flavor, Orange Peel, Vanilla
Butter, Cream, Vanilla, Baked Bread, Orange Zest
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

• “_I got them curriculum writin' blues_ _Those low-down curriculum writin' blues_ _I done been editorially corrected_ _And I feel lower than my shoes._ _I gotta rewrite five activites_ _Gotta...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1630 tasting notes
  • “I chose this one for my 1100th tasting note. I can't think of any caffeine free tea bag cups I like better. Add sweetener and it tastes like sugar cookie - just like it should. ” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1148 tasting notes
  • “So last year I was so happy with myself for sipping this down and I went ahead and bought another box the other day, I guess I must like it more than I am willing to admit. It helps if you use a...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2180 tasting notes
  • “I've let this cool for nearly half an hour now, and it smells like buttery dough and tastes like shortbread. OMG. This is seriously so good. This is what I expected from the S&V Almond tea, for...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1416 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

The holidays and freshly baked cookies just seem to go together. Every steaming cup of this naturally caffeine free blend releases the inviting aroma of sugar cookies straight from the oven! Like all Celestial Seasonings teas, Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride has no refined sweeteners or added sugars—just the delicious taste and healthful goodness of 100% natural ingredients.

Ingredients: Milk thistle, roasted barley, orange peel, natural sugar cookie flavor with other natural flavors and vanilla bean.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

To me, this is sickeningly sweet.

browns6

I want to buy it, but its only available online…and really expensive…Will you send me the rest of your box???

Yes, it is 2:30 am. Yes, I have been drinking. That doesn’t diminish how delicious this tea is. It’s so good, I suspect witchcraft (j/k). Thus, I’m drinking it out of a Hedwig mug. I’m drinking it while eating an actual sugar cookie. Double whammy.

Cavocorax

This one is surprisingly good!

This tea tastes just like a Sugar Cookie. It has the butteriness of a sugar cookie. The citrus pulls this tea together. I have a cup of this at least twice a week. It is very weak with just one bag so I use 2.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Butter, Orange Zest, Vanilla

190 °F / 87 °C 7 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

I happened across this one in one of those odds and ends shop that sell all sorts of small things relatively cheaply. I don’t really like shopping in there much, because although they have lots of fun things to look at, the shop is laid out so that you follow a path all the way from the door to the till and if you later discover you want to go back and look at something again, it can be difficult getting back there, because the path is fairly narrow. If there are many people in the shop, you can forget about it. Easier to just go through and go in again. Not really something that makes for a pleasant shopping experience in my book.

I knew they had a selection of Celestial Seasonings as well, but I thought it was much the same as everywhere else that has CS these days. It’s a relatively new brand in Denmark, it’s only been available here for a few years and compared to you Americans we’ve only got a fraction of the available flavours. Obviously this was not one I thought I’d see here at all, but there was one box, so I took it. I remember the name of this one from Steepster, and I remember people have been raving madly about one of these Christmas-y flavours. Couldn’t remember which one, so having checked the ingredients for known dislikes (none) I took the box on the off chance that it might be this one.

It has a funny creamy smell. I can smell vanilla and orange, and it’s a creamy-thick smell. It reminds me strongly of something I know I know, but I can’t think what it might be. Husband had the same sort of reaction when he tried it. Smelled familiar to him but he couldn’t think what it was.

I gather it’s the milk thistle that makes it feel like warm milk. I can also detect orange and vanilla quite clearly in the flavour, but apart from that it tastes very much like coconut to me. I’m surprised actually that there doesn’t appear to be coconut in it at all. Is that the flavour of thistle, then? Coconut-y?

It’s pleasant enough, but not really something I would get in much of a state over. In a large mug I find it a little cloying towards the bottom. I think this one box will be enough.

I’ll have to dare another visit to that shop though, and have a closer look at their CS selection, because clearly it must be MUCH larger than I’ve seen anywhere else. I’ve become fairly interested in it lately what with Husband having taught me this ’ cup of herbal while reading in bed’ habit. I never cared about it before at all. Funny how things can change. Perhaps they even have that Sleepytime Vanilla. Wouldn’t that be typical now that MissB is sending me a few boxes?

As this is a queued post, it has been a while now since MissB provided me with a good supply of Sleepytime Vanilla. I am halfway through my third box of those…

Flyawaybirdie

I’m not a fan of those ‘go only in one direction’ shops either. I went to Ikea the other weekend and had to go around the showroom about three or four times. I’ll have to check out CS, I’m in the US but have never really gone for any of their offerings.

Angrboda

Ikea isn’t even too bad for that here, because the ‘paths’ are wide enough that you can go back or you can slip between the displays. In this shop the path is only about two people wide and you have to go through till and outside and in again if you want to go back but can’t. (Or be a pain to everyone else to get back, in which case I often actually prefer going through and in again.)

Thanks VariaTea for sending me like half my wishlist, this included! You’re a sneaky generous one, that’s for sure.

Because she sent me like five hundred teabags of this, Mr. keychange and I both had a large mug full, and each used two tea bags. I’m thinking that was a good choice, as six minutes later, the tea indeed tasted very much like a sugar cookie. Actually, it tasted spot on for shortbread, and although the mouth feel was a bit thin (I wonder if that’s just because it’s bagged tea and so the leaves can’t “swim” as much), the resemblance to a sugar cookie is uncanny—especially towards the end of the sip, when you really get that bready, yeasty, buttery taste that the best sugar cookies have (oh, and speaking of sugar cookies, Mr. Keychange and I made banana pudding sugar cookies, thanks to the recipe provided by our very own roswell strange!) . Having said all of those things, the fact that this yielded a thin cup was a little disappointing.

Bottom line: I might actually look around for this next winter, but am not going to be writing dark poetry about its absence until then.

VariaTEA

I am glad you got shortbread. I tried but all I ever got was soggy crackers from this one :(. Banana pudding sugar cookies sound delicious btw. I wanted to try them so badly every time Roswell Strange mentioned them

Roswell Strange

Ooh! Did you like the cookies?

keychange

I sure did! And we even made icing for them and I can’t wait to dig into them when I go home. Nom.

I really enjoyed this tea. This is my first dessert tea and I am in love. It tastes like a vanilla cookie. Very scrumptious. Just the right amount of sweetness, I added a little bit of Splenda because what the hell!

Flavors: Vanilla

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 3 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

To me, this tastes and smells just like a sugar cookie. WARNING: Some people do not have this experience, but it nerfed all my cravings for sweets during the winter.

The more I’m typing this review, the more I want some right now. Thank goodness I bought so many boxes!

Flavors: Baked Bread, Butter, Vanilla

Yum! A favorite seasonal treat. It is mild, but I don’t mind that, I find sugar cookies themselves mild. Nice sweet tooth fix to get me through a rough winter day.

My current favorite “tea” from Celestial Seasonings. Dessert in a cup!

Smells delicious, but tastes like nothing. Tried double-bagging, steeping longer, adding extra sweetener, but still a barely-there flavor. I wish it tasted as good as it smells, like actual cookies with vanilla and sugar. Apparently this is a revised recipe, I would have loved to have tried the original.