Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride

Herbal Tea
Barley (Roasted), Milk Thistle, Natural Cookie Flavor, Orange Peel, Vanilla
Burnt Sugar, Sugar, Butter, Cookie, Creamy, Sweet, Vanilla, Lemon, Artificial, Almond, Baked Bread, Orange Zest, Lemon Zest, Coconut, Orange, Pineapple, Cream
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Сова

From Celestial Seasonings

The holidays and freshly baked cookies just seem to go together. Every steaming cup of this naturally caffeine free blend releases the inviting aroma of sugar cookies straight from the oven! Like all Celestial Seasonings teas, Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride has no refined sweeteners or added sugars—just the delicious taste and healthful goodness of 100% natural ingredients.

Ingredients: Milk thistle, roasted barley, orange peel, natural sugar cookie flavor with other natural flavors and vanilla bean.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Because I am a lemming and thought this would be awesome, I bought two boxes of this (Target isn’t super close to my house).

The dry bad smelled like a cookie with a little citrus rind on it, so far so good. It brewed up a sort of non color, maybe almost clear but with a hint of something. Pretty murky and not so appealing.

Hot, I smelled COCONUT Alarm bells! I went and double checked the ingredients. No coconut. Folks, I ate a mouthful of hidden coconut last weekend and thought my head was going to do the exorcist spin. YUCK. Anyway, I took the leap and drank some.

First sip I didn’t like it. What is that flavor…buttery, sort of vanilla, definitely sweet. Couldn’t place it.

Marshmallow? OK. Marshmallow and butter. Then I had it! You know when you make homemade krispy treats, and the first step is to melt the butter and add marshmallows? That’s exactly what this tastes like. It tastes much more like a krispy treat than the krispy treat tea I had once. I bet if you made this with some genmaicha it would be right there.

But anyway, while it wasn’t super bad, it wasn’t good either. I will probably try one more cup and use someone’s suggestion to leave the bag in there. But it definitely wasn’t a wow moment.

boychik

i would be surprised if you liked it after trying so many great teas

TeaBrat

I think I have used 2 teabags for more flavor on this one. I’m surprised so many people think it’s good, lol

VariaTEA

I bought this expecting to love it too and all I ever got from it was soggy crackers

christeana1

My nephew loves this one….but we discovered it needs milk and sugar to bring out the sugar cookie flavor.

cookies

I didn’t pick it out before, but now that you mention it I definitely see the marshmallow in there. Wonder if it’s similar to 52’s Marshmallow Genmaicha?

mrmopar

Could be sentimental for some. Constant Comment will always have a place in my heart as it was the first loose tea I ever drank.

madametj

Did you do sugar? It’s right there in the name, this one needs sugar! :P Milk doesn’t hurt either.

This is disgusting. I got it after hearing how great it was last year, and had high hopes. I took my first sip and was alarmed at how much like cookies it tasted. Then, halfway through my big mug I was feeling slightly sick to my stomach at the sickly sweet scent and all I could taste was artificial flavoring. Huge disappointment, but I know so many people who love it, the rest of my box will be rehomed.

This reminds me of something at my grandmas house. Something that is not a sugar cookie. Or maybe its a store bought day old weird sugar cookie. Whatever the case… this doesn’t taste like a sugar cookie. It has a bit of vanilla and a cakeish flavor but… I’m just not diggin it…

I really didn’t enjoy this tea. It tasted to me like sweetened artificial butter flavoring and smelled like pineapple. The combination was very unpleasant to me. I ended up throwing the rest of the box out.

Flavors: Artificial, Butter, Pineapple

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

So glad I stocked up on this one! This one is just…so perfect. ^^ And caffeine free!!! :O :D

Flavors: Butter, Cookie, Lemon, Sweet

Marzipan

I haven’t found this one yet.

Ost

I couldn’t find it at Walmart or Vons, but found it at Target!

Marzipan

I knew I should have gone to Target today!

Cameron B.

Last time I checked my Target, they only had lame ones like Pumpkin Spice. Need to check again!

gmathis

I am rabidly watching for Bigelow Ginger Snappish…has it surfaced in your part of the country yet?

Ost

I really don’t like Bigelow teas, so I wasn’t really noticing what they had. Sorry! D:

The Cookie Lady

gmathis I saw Ginger Snappish at Sprouts this morning, so yes it has! Let me know if you aren’t able to find it. I can always send some to you!

Cameron B.

Checked my Target and they only had Gingerbread Spice, Harvest Pumpkin, and Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride. The Sugar Cookie was the only one I wanted, and I was hoping to find the new cranberry vanilla one or Nutcracker Sweet/Candy Cane Lane! Bah!

gmathis

Thank you, C.L.! For the moment I’ll consider that a signal that it is oozing its way toward retail shelves in my part of the world.

A sample from VariaTEA. I couldn’t work out last night whether I liked this one or not. The first sip made me think not, but then the second was really nice. Towards the end of the cup I started to feel a little overwhelmed by it, and began to wonder whether it just wasn’t for me. I suspect it’ll take a few more cups before I can really decide one way or the other. Maybe a smaller cup, too, because it’s quite a rich tasting tea.

The first sip was very, very almondy. Almost like ground almonds when you open a fresh packet. The second sip was more cookie-like, with a buttery, sweet, baked biscuit flavour coming through really well. It really did remind me of an iced sugar cookie, which is another Christmas-related treat I enjoy immensely. When the combination works, it works really well. I felt at times though that all I could really taste was almond, and that’s not such a favourite flavour. It’s also quite rich and cloying, as you might expect liquid biscuit to be, and so (as I’ve said already) by the end of the cup I was struggling a little. I’m pretty sure I like it, but I’ll definitely give this one a couple more chances before I firm up my opinion. Thanks again to VariaTEA for sharing this with me — I’ve been curious about it for some time!

K S

I love this one. I even add sweetener – cause its sugar cookie. I love the addition of orange, unexpected and delicious.

The super awesome mj1851 sent me a whole BOX of this :D yes, it’s bagged tea, but don’t be a hater, ‘cause this is SO good. It is more like liquid shortbread than liquid sugar cookie, and that’s bonus points in my books! The tea is litterally pouring down my chin because I can’t drink it fast enough. So glad I made a whole pot of this.

mj

Haha, I love it that much too! I may have gotten a tad too excited about this tea when I discovered it this past Christmas and thought, “OMG I won’t be able to buy this until next Christmas?!?!”…. and subsequently bought 8 boxes. Since you mentioned that it’s not even sold in Canada, I thought I’d share the wealth! I’m glad you like it :-)

Virginia

Well, next holiday seasson, I’ll look for it and if I can’t find it, I might ask you to ship me a few boxes cuz whooaaa so goood. Will you be my christmas tea mule? lol

mj

I will totally be your christmas tea mule. That would be so fun! I’d get to be one of Santa’s elves lol

After the day I had, I needed some comfort and this one is perfect! Just like a fresh-baked cookie without having to bake said cookie. Yum. Now on to the wine portion of the evening.

This tea tastes just like a Sugar Cookie. It has the butteriness of a sugar cookie. The citrus pulls this tea together. I have a cup of this at least twice a week. It is very weak with just one bag so I use 2.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Butter, Orange Zest, Vanilla

190 °F / 87 °C 7 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

I happened across this one in one of those odds and ends shop that sell all sorts of small things relatively cheaply. I don’t really like shopping in there much, because although they have lots of fun things to look at, the shop is laid out so that you follow a path all the way from the door to the till and if you later discover you want to go back and look at something again, it can be difficult getting back there, because the path is fairly narrow. If there are many people in the shop, you can forget about it. Easier to just go through and go in again. Not really something that makes for a pleasant shopping experience in my book.

I knew they had a selection of Celestial Seasonings as well, but I thought it was much the same as everywhere else that has CS these days. It’s a relatively new brand in Denmark, it’s only been available here for a few years and compared to you Americans we’ve only got a fraction of the available flavours. Obviously this was not one I thought I’d see here at all, but there was one box, so I took it. I remember the name of this one from Steepster, and I remember people have been raving madly about one of these Christmas-y flavours. Couldn’t remember which one, so having checked the ingredients for known dislikes (none) I took the box on the off chance that it might be this one.

It has a funny creamy smell. I can smell vanilla and orange, and it’s a creamy-thick smell. It reminds me strongly of something I know I know, but I can’t think what it might be. Husband had the same sort of reaction when he tried it. Smelled familiar to him but he couldn’t think what it was.

I gather it’s the milk thistle that makes it feel like warm milk. I can also detect orange and vanilla quite clearly in the flavour, but apart from that it tastes very much like coconut to me. I’m surprised actually that there doesn’t appear to be coconut in it at all. Is that the flavour of thistle, then? Coconut-y?

It’s pleasant enough, but not really something I would get in much of a state over. In a large mug I find it a little cloying towards the bottom. I think this one box will be enough.

I’ll have to dare another visit to that shop though, and have a closer look at their CS selection, because clearly it must be MUCH larger than I’ve seen anywhere else. I’ve become fairly interested in it lately what with Husband having taught me this ’ cup of herbal while reading in bed’ habit. I never cared about it before at all. Funny how things can change. Perhaps they even have that Sleepytime Vanilla. Wouldn’t that be typical now that MissB is sending me a few boxes?

As this is a queued post, it has been a while now since MissB provided me with a good supply of Sleepytime Vanilla. I am halfway through my third box of those…

Flyawaybirdie

I’m not a fan of those ‘go only in one direction’ shops either. I went to Ikea the other weekend and had to go around the showroom about three or four times. I’ll have to check out CS, I’m in the US but have never really gone for any of their offerings.

Angrboda

Ikea isn’t even too bad for that here, because the ‘paths’ are wide enough that you can go back or you can slip between the displays. In this shop the path is only about two people wide and you have to go through till and outside and in again if you want to go back but can’t. (Or be a pain to everyone else to get back, in which case I often actually prefer going through and in again.)