Herbal Tea
Spices, Vanilla, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Ginger, Pepper, Nutmeg, Cloves, Licorice, Espresso, Sweet, Caramel, Spicy, Honey, Chestnut, Chocolate, Cream, Clove
Edit tea info Last updated by OMGsrsly
205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 3 g 68 oz / 2016 ml

From Celestial Seasonings

Bengal Spice tea contains a sweet medley of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. This blend has a sweet, creamy taste that adds a sumptuous quality to this medley of herbs and spices! This zesty tea is an exotic taste adventure with cinnamon, ginger and cardamom to awaken your senses. A hint of vanilla smooths the taste and adds a bit of sweetness. Discover the treasure of sweet and spicy flavor in a simmering mug of 100% natural Bengal Spice. Add a touch of cream or milk to treat yourself to a traditional serving of Indian spiced tea.

All Natural:
This product contains all-natural herbs and flavors, and no artificial colors or preservatives.

Ingredients:
Cinnamon, roasted chicory, roasted carob, natural spice and vanilla flavors with other natural flavors, ginger, cardamom, black pepper, cloves and nutmeg.

Caffeine Status:
Naturally Caffeine Free

Gluten Status:
Gluten Free

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Really enjoyed this chai. It is heavy on the cinnamon but I like that. I think I paid about $2.50 for the box which is a steal. A big factor with chai to me is if its strong when you add the sugar and milk, the worst is if it gets a little thin once you add those. There was no issue with that with Bengal Spice. Enjoy.

Nice but if you steep too long the flavour can become slightly overpowering. I enjoy this after dinner!

Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 400 OZ / 11829 ML

So, I revisited this tea. Instead of steeping in water, I did so in hot plain unsweetened almond milk for 4-5 minutes (made it quite strong). Then added a little SF Vanilla syrup.

Wow, this is actually really good now.

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Ginger, Pepper

This is soooo good!
So spicy and exotic to me. It makes me think of drinking a melange tea from Dune (which may be because of watching that movie while drinking it, but it’s how I’d like to believe a tea made with melange would taste).
Gorgeous cinnamon and spice taste and scent. I found the taste significantly different in my older couple year box from my new box. Both delicious, but different spices coming to the forefront. The newer, fresher box reminds me of cinnamon hearts. Even without drinking this tisane, it’s worth making a cup just to smell it!
I like drinking this with milk and possibly sweetener.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Spices

I had long been wary of this no-black-tea attempt at Indian spices, but received a box worth as a gift so dutifully gave it a few cups’ try. Suffice to say, I was right to be scared. Too much spice in the form of nutmeg & pepper overwhelmed with vanilla and nowhere near enough of the ginger, cinnamon and cardamom that would make an herbal ‘chai’ emulation worthwhile. Will be leaving the rest of this box at work for the less chai-obsessed folk.

Flavors: Nutmeg, Pepper, Vanilla

This tea was WAY TOO SWEET! I finished the cup but it was a struggle.

The spice blend was ok but not that good but what really ruined it was the fact that it was overly sweet.

I tried it again blended with a regular chai tea thinking that it might make it taste better. unfortunately this blend was also a disappointment. Sorry but I just can’t recommend Bengal Spice.

I will end up giving the rest of the box away if I can find someone else who likes this stuff.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more 12 OZ / 350 ML

Very tasty for a spiced caffeine free.

I think this tastes a lot more like a spice/cinnamon tea than a chai but it is really good and strong which I like. No sugar needed. I’ve added honey to it for my husband and it was sickeningly sweet.

Flavors: Cinnamon

Very strong spices in this tea. A little overpowering if brewed too long. The flavours are much gentler with milk added. It would be a great drink to invigorate you early morning but not something to drink many times a day.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Licorice

205 °F / 96 °C 330 OZ / 9759 ML

Fundementally, Bengal spice is a chai with a carob base instead of a Ceylon or Assam. This is one of the few chais that I would drink, but I get this one on discount. It’s tastes like a cross between a dirty chai (tea with espresso) and a fireball. Emphasis on the fireball candy angle, the smell can be almost overwhelming. I think they over saturate the flavor of the tea, but I still drink it on it’s own or with cream or milk and sugar or honey. I’d give this to a friend who I know likes a strong fireball taste, but not to a tea drinker.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Espresso, Licorice, Vanilla