Herbal Tea
Cinnamon, Cloves, Licorice, Espresso, Vanilla, Nutmeg, Ginger, Sweet, Caramel, Spicy, Spices, Honey, Chestnut, Chocolate, Cream, Clove
Edit tea info Last updated by OMGsrsly

From Celestial Seasonings

Bengal Spice tea contains a sweet medley of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. This blend has a sweet, creamy taste that adds a sumptuous quality to this medley of herbs and spices! This zesty tea is an exotic taste adventure with cinnamon, ginger and cardamom to awaken your senses. A hint of vanilla smooths the taste and adds a bit of sweetness. Discover the treasure of sweet and spicy flavor in a simmering mug of 100% natural Bengal Spice. Add a touch of cream or milk to treat yourself to a traditional serving of Indian spiced tea.

All Natural:
This product contains all-natural herbs and flavors, and no artificial colors or preservatives.

Cinnamon, roasted chicory, roasted carob, natural spice and vanilla flavors with other natural flavors, ginger, cardamom, black pepper, cloves and nutmeg.

Caffeine Status:
Naturally Caffeine Free

Gluten Status:
Gluten Free

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Really enjoyed this chai. It is heavy on the cinnamon but I like that. I think I paid about $2.50 for the box which is a steal. A big factor with chai to me is if its strong when you add the sugar and milk, the worst is if it gets a little thin once you add those. There was no issue with that with Bengal Spice. Enjoy.

This tea was WAY TOO SWEET! I finished the cup but it was a struggle.

The spice blend was ok but not that good but what really ruined it was the fact that it was overly sweet.

I tried it again blended with a regular chai tea thinking that it might make it taste better. unfortunately this blend was also a disappointment. Sorry but I just can’t recommend Bengal Spice.

I will end up giving the rest of the box away if I can find someone else who likes this stuff.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more 12 OZ / 350 ML

Very tasty for a spiced caffeine free.

I think this tastes a lot more like a spice/cinnamon tea than a chai but it is really good and strong which I like. No sugar needed. I’ve added honey to it for my husband and it was sickeningly sweet.

Flavors: Cinnamon

Very strong spices in this tea. A little overpowering if brewed too long. The flavours are much gentler with milk added. It would be a great drink to invigorate you early morning but not something to drink many times a day.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Licorice

205 °F / 96 °C 330 OZ / 9759 ML

Fundementally, Bengal spice is a chai with a carob base instead of a Ceylon or Assam. This is one of the few chais that I would drink, but I get this one on discount. It’s tastes like a cross between a dirty chai (tea with espresso) and a fireball. Emphasis on the fireball candy angle, the smell can be almost overwhelming. I think they over saturate the flavor of the tea, but I still drink it on it’s own or with cream or milk and sugar or honey. I’d give this to a friend who I know likes a strong fireball taste, but not to a tea drinker.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Espresso, Licorice, Vanilla

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Very flavorful, a little bitey aftertaste. A good tea for the evening.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Nutmeg

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

as soon as I opened this it smelled just like I was cooking ginger snap cookies! And honestly, that’s the best way I can describe the flavor as well. The spice/flavor isn’t quite as strong as I’d like, but I added a bit of ginger and cinnamon of my own to remedy that, which helped out a lot. I haven’t tried it with milk yet, but I imagine it’d be pretty tasty!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Ginger, Sweet, Vanilla

Bought after hearing a friend mention it as we were discussing our favorite chai teas. I’d never tried it before, as I was a Tazo chai drinker. But, this tea is really something. Love that I don’t have to add sweetener to it. I think it’s the cinnamon, and the licorice that’s no longer listed on the box. This tea snob will most likely purchase this again.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Licorice

195 °F / 90 °C 0 min, 15 sec 4 g 14 OZ / 414 ML

When I was weaning myself off of coffee (for the second or third time) I’d substitute this for coffee and it did the trick! I love that I can let this tea steep for ages and it’s not a problem – just more tasty cinnamon flavour! :)

Flavors: Cinnamon, Vanilla