Herbal Tea
Caramel, Cinnamon, Spicy, Vanilla, Ginger, Sweet, Spices, Honey, Cloves, Chestnut, Chocolate, Cream, Clove
Edit tea info Last updated by OMGsrsly

• “I was in the mood for a Chai, but it's late enough in the day that I don't need the caffeine, so I opted for this one, steeped rather strongly in minimal water, then combined with homemade almond...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 3048 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! I finally finished off a box of this and just remarked on someone's else's tastng note today that I've been drinking this for years, a sweet cinnamon-y concoction that's nice with soymilk...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2536 tasting notes
  • “I dunno what has gotten into me tonight but I have no energy. The ultimate couch potato. So I needed this cuppa comfort tonight, I really did. I'll write more tomorrow, and get back to anyone who...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1329 tasting notes
  • “Thank you, VariaTEA. :) Tea of my childhood. I can't believe I used to steep this forever and put in heaping spoons of honey. Holy moley. It is SO sweet. Cinnamon-vanilla-spice...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1573 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

Bengal Spice tea contains a sweet medley of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. This blend has a sweet, creamy taste that adds a sumptuous quality to this medley of herbs and spices! This zesty tea is an exotic taste adventure with cinnamon, ginger and cardamom to awaken your senses. A hint of vanilla smooths the taste and adds a bit of sweetness. Discover the treasure of sweet and spicy flavor in a simmering mug of 100% natural Bengal Spice. Add a touch of cream or milk to treat yourself to a traditional serving of Indian spiced tea.

All Natural:
This product contains all-natural herbs and flavors, and no artificial colors or preservatives.

Ingredients:
Cinnamon, roasted chicory, roasted carob, natural spice and vanilla flavors with other natural flavors, ginger, cardamom, black pepper, cloves and nutmeg.

Caffeine Status:
Naturally Caffeine Free

Gluten Status:
Gluten Free

About Celestial Seasonings View company

“Have you ever done the cinnamon challenge?” No, but I’ve finished a box of Bengal Spice, does that count? Granted, it tastes fair enough with a dash of sweetened soy milk, but I don’t leave the bag in, as I do for other teas.

It reminds me of a red hot or those cinnamon peppermints you can get. No, thanks.

My friend Rick said in India, the tea he had tasted just like this. That’s because Rick lies through his teeth; he swears the dreamcatcher he bought at the street fair works too. Rick, if you read this, we both know that’s full bull. That guy was Chinese with EXCESSIVE jewelry. Anyway, pretty good. Kind of just tastes like dumping the whole spice rack into a cup; not too dang ‘exotic and Eastern’, RICK.

Having a cup before bedtime. Added 2 squeezes of honey and a spot of milk and it tasted perfect. :)

This tea tastes great but I was so interested to know if it had added sugars or something in it. I wrote to the company and they told me this.
We use Stevia in our Sweet Zinger Ice Teas.  In addition, some Celestial Seasonings teas contain natural flavors, which may contain sucrose, maltodextrins (cornstarch) and corn syrup solids at very low levels.  While we ensure that the ingredients of these natural flavors are all natural, the exact amounts in the flavors are trade secrets.

All of our natural flavors are used at levels that are below that which requires nutritional labeling by the FDA.

A rather bitter, unpleasant experience, tasting sharply of cinnamon.

Tasty, but frighteningly sweet, and this from someone who typically adds sugar (lots and lots of sugar) to her tea. Spicy, but in an atypical sort of way. I expected something a bit more chai-like, I suppose. Ended up leaving the carton behind at my old workplace and probably wouldn’t buy this one again.

Smells amazing. Beautiful when brewed with loose leaf chai tea (or a black tea) – this balances the sweetness.

If you like cinnamon, you will probably love this. I am a fan of cinnamon myself though the taste is too overpowering. Actually the whole taste is overpowering even if I had milk to it.

A very pleasant blend of cinnamon, vanilla, and cardamom. This will be quite a treat in Winter. Fair warning, the cinnamon can be overpowering if left to steep for too long.