True Blueberry

Fruit Herbal Blend
Blackberry Leaves, Blueberry, Hibiscus, Natural Flavours, Rose Hips
Blueberry
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by unetouchedevermillon

• “Dear Gussie, what a week. I feel like something the cat dragged in. However, Lord willing, I have a lovely unscheduled weekend of "not much" ahead of me. So in keeping with the no-thought,...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1707 tasting notes
  • “I don't know...I can't find much to complain about with these bagged herbal tisanes! I think they taste very pleasant and after a day of doing, doing, doing I like to throw the teabag in and some...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Didn't know what I wanted, so went with what I love. My work selection is pathetic. I think what I really want is some of the aged herb and garlic gouda in my fridge, but that isn't tea and it...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 688 tasting notes
  • “Enjoying a simple cup to warm the soul this evening. Warm the body works too. It just started snowing and with the high wind gusts went from 45F last night to 13F with windchill tonight. Not...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

Some tastes are so familiar that just hearing their name brings their flavor to mind – like True Blueberry, whose simple, fruity flavor is best described as ‘tasting blue.’ The wild blueberries we chose for this blend are very high in antioxidants and have overtones of purple grapes, providing a deeper berry flavor than their farmed cousins. Try it on ice!

Hibiscus, rosehips, orange peel, natural blueberry flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), blackberry leaves, wild blueberries and blueberry leaves.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Easy peasy iced tea while I’m away from home. Even as I branch out to more and more loose tea I still go back to these for something simple that I know I can’t mess up.
True Blueberry is true to it’s name. I don’t pick up a huge amount of the hibiscus or other ingredients, and it’s not too tart.

Mmm…certainly liking this little blue wonder this evening. :) I needed a decaffeinated soother tonight, and this is doing it for me!

Part of the sampler box from CS. I brewed for 10 minutes.

It’s not strongly hibiscus, despite it’s being listed as the first ingredient. I’m getting a definite blueberry taste, with just a hint of the rosehips and hibiscus. Definitely lives up to its name. Very warm and comforting.

I’m not sure I’ll run out and buy it immediately (especially considering the current state of my tea cabinet), but I wouldn’t hesitate to pick this one up again.

Boiling 8 min or more

Sipping down the last of this iced~

I think I like herbal’s iced the best. Especially the cheap bagged kind. This is just like delicious blueberry juice only without the calories. Its best sweetened with a touch of honey. Love this stuff, and definitely doing to be getting more once I finish off some of my other teas. It’ll probably make good popsicles when it gets hot. =D

Boiling 8 min or more

Another tea that needs no work, I seem to like that. This smells like it is the juice of blueberries in your mug! The taste is not that far off, it taste like blueberries juiced but a little watered down. Quite enjoyed it!

Uniquity

I love that tea…don’t get attached to that box of it, since it’s mine.

What is it with this tea?
I love it.
I’m meh about it.
I love it.
Its bland.
Is it that sometimes I’m stretching it too far?
So I’m 2 baggin’ it this time in my 16 ouncer.
Hopefully I furtherly won’t ruin the mug by eating a slice of toast with delicious Crofters Jam on it – you know how sometimes sweet ruins sweet?
Yeah, I think I did. Oh well, there is always next time -but its not bland.

Boiling 8 min or more

Got a sample box and opened the True Blueberry pouch today. At this hour I need to drink something caffeine free.

It smells like blueberries. And It tastes like blueberry, and other fruits and berries. I add a little sugar to this tea to help bring out the berry flavor even more.

I think I saw on the packet something about being new and improved with more berry taste, and it has been improved. I remember trying this same tea years ago and not liking it because it didn’t taste like blueberries. Good going Celestial Seasonings.

From http://www.crazyteachick.com:

I’m a huge fan of Celestial Seasonings and their always-wonderful tea. Huge fan. I was recently in Target (my second home) when I noticed the company’s Fruit Tea Sampler. Upon examination, I realized that the sampler contained a few teas I hadn’t tried before. Gasp.

I recently reviewed one of the other teas in the sampler, the Raspberry Zinger. I love it muchly, and trust me, the True Blueberry is just as good. It doesn’t taste sugary, but it has a SLIGHT sweetness to it that makes it almost like dessert, or reminiscent of a blueberry yogurt flavor. As an herbal tea, it’s caffeine-free, and the ingredients are “hibiscus, rosehips, orange peel, natural blueberry flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), blackberry leaves, wild blueberries and blueberry leaves”. The word blueberry is mentioned three times just in the ingredient list, so that’s a good thing, right?

Wild blueberries (that just sounds exotic) are used in the tea, and it’s no secret how good blueberries are for your body. There’s almost an grape-like flavor to these blueberries. I’ve tried the tea cold and it’s great that way, but it’s even better hot, like a warm slice of blueberry pie. Just pour boiling (or almost-boiling) water over a bag and steep for around 4-5 minutes.

Anyway, it’s hard to express in words what truly should be expressed through taste, so try this tea, and try it soon!

If there’s one thing I can say for sure about Celestial Seasonings’ fruit teas, it’s that they’re easy. Hot, iced, cold brewed; teabag out after a few minutes or a few days; they’re impossible to ruin. With that comes a simple and sometimes dull taste, yes, but it’s not a bad deal overall. I got a variety box and I’m tempted to pick up a full box of the blueberry… because sometimes you just want blueberries, you know?

Iced

It’s ok. I’m using up what I have, and not buying more.