True Blueberry

Fruit Herbal Blend
Blackberry Leaves, Blueberry, Hibiscus, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Rose Hips
Blueberry, Flowers, Fruity, Hibiscus, Sweet, Rosehips, Tart, Citrus, Grapes, Tangy, Berry, Jam, Artificial
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

From Celestial Seasonings

Some tastes are so familiar that just hearing their name brings their flavor to mind – like True Blueberry, whose simple, fruity flavor is best described as ‘tasting blue.’ The wild blueberries we chose for this blend are very high in antioxidants and have overtones of purple grapes, providing a deeper berry flavor than their farmed cousins. Try it on ice!

Hibiscus, rosehips, orange peel, natural blueberry flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), blackberry leaves, wild blueberries and blueberry leaves

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Alright. So, when it comes to tea, I am quite picky about it. I’ve tried Black tea, White tea, Green tea, Chi tea, Masala Chi tea, Roobios tea, and Herbal tea. Let me tell you, I HATE Green tea and am not a big fan of Herbal teas. However, this tea, a herbal creation, has been magnificent! I absolutely love it! With just a little bit of sugar this tea is warming and floods my mind with memories of my childhood being around the blueberry bushes. I highly recommend this tea if you’re not really into herbal teas.

Flavors: Blueberry, Flowers, Fruity, Hibiscus, Sweet

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This tea is very delicious. I bought blueberry bliss tea from teavana and made that a bunch, but it was a hassle to make. I tried this tea and it tastes a lot like it. I love the rich blueberry taste when hot, and it’s also super great cold. It’s cool and refreshing . In the summer I make a big cup of it cold, and in the winter i make a big cup of hot. When I had my boyfriend try for the first time I think he fell in love haha. He and I both love the delicious true blueberry taste.

I could taste the blueberry but the tea had a tart flavor from the other ingredients that was stronger than the blueberry. I enjoyed the tea but it wasn’t one of my favorites.

Flavors: Blueberry, Hibiscus, Rosehips, Tart

200 °F / 93 °C 5 min, 0 sec 10 OZ / 295 ML
Kristal

Did you try this hot? I personally LOVE this one iced.

ctjuggler

Yes I tried it hot. Maybe I will try it iced next time.

On the 12th day of steepdowns…

My anxiety is awful today so I had to stop drinking blacks much earlier than usual so I picked up this herbal. It’s super meh – the hibiscus outweighs the blueberry and it’s super tart. Not my favorite herbal, nor my favorite blueberry tea.

Flavors: Blueberry, Hibiscus

rosebudmelissa

This is definitely one that needs sweetener, and even then it tastes more like grape than blueberry to me.

I was talking to someone here on steepster about celestial seasonings made as iced teas. I just purchased a TON of tea, including some off amazon, so I decided to pick up a sample pack of celestial seasonings zinger teas (4 teabags each, 5 kinds of tea. the perfect amount for iced teas).

I just recently tried my first cold brew iced tea yesterday, so I decided to try this one cold brewed as well: Filled up my new 2L iced tea pitcher with cold water, placed the 4 tea bags in the water, then set it in the fridge.

All I can say is wow, I’m am VERY pleasantly surprised. I think I have tried a celestial seasonings tea before at my Mother In Laws place, but I didn’t have a good first impression because I think the box said “best before [5 years previous]”. I remember the tea tasting very cheap and, I think, stale.

After 1 hour of cold brewing, I took a sample of this tea. It was weak, but WOW you can definitely taste blueberry. I was shocked at how accurate the flavour was. I decided to let it brew for 1.5 hours more (2.5 hours total) and it was just perfect. SLIGHTLY tart and tangy from the hibiscus, with blueberry flavour afterwards. The slight tartness/tangyness doesn’t bother me at all because that IS the taste of wild blueberries. Awesome, and refreshing.

I must say, this is better than some loose leaf blends I have tried, yet this is approximately 1/4 of the price per pitcher (I have done the math: most DAVIDs tea iced teas cost about $3-4 per pitcher, this is $1-1.5). Plus, no cleaning filters since this is bagged tea! Lastly, did I mention that this tea apparently has no artificial flavoring? That’s better than what I can say for DAVIDs….

I absolutely recommend this tea, and I would totally repurchase.

EDIT: I have this fruit wine (Blueberry Shiraz) I made at the local brewery (it’s actually VERY sweet and closer to a cooler than wine by far) and mixed half tea, half fruit wine together to bring the sweetness down and to bring out more of the blueberry flavour. It’s awesome. Plus, the wine is about 12% and it brings down the alcohol level as well, which is good because it’s frickin hot in my apartment and I get dehydrated too easily.

Flavors: Blueberry, Tangy, Tart

Iced 8 min or more 66 OZ / 1951 ML

I had this for the first time last summer, and I was craving a sweet berry tea, so I used two tea bags and made a strong brew! Just by itself, it was a little sour but I added lots of ice and sugar and it was delicious. :) it’s pretty good as a cup of warm tea after school too!

Flavors: Berry

It tastes like an overly sweet, very slow death. God-awful, a single sip is enough to bin the box and look for something – anything – to take that taste off one’s tongue.

Wow, my husband was not joking when he said this smells just like blueberry muffins! It definitely reminds me of a blueberry baked good like pancakes or muffins or maybe even a blueberry jam. The color is a deep berry red and the flavor is tart, but with some added honey it’s quite good. I have to admit, it’s nice to be able to get back to a simple flavored tea after drinking straight unflavored teas for the last week or so.

Flavors: Blueberry, Jam, Tart

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

It tastes like blueberries. It has the same sour taste as most Celestial Seasonings fruit flavors. It’s not bad but the flavor becomes acidic and quickly drifts into tart even without oversteeping.

Flavors: Blueberry

I haven’t had this tea since I was a kid, so I decided it was time to revisit it. I remember it being a little more tart than I prefer, so I added sweetener to it. That definitely seems to have moderated the citrusy sourness of the Hibiscus. It tastes very fruity and rather like artificial blueberry and grape. The grape flavor is rather surprising and I’m still trying to decide if I like it or not. I’ll probably make up my mind before I finish this box.

Flavors: Artificial, Blueberry, Fruity, Grapes