True Blueberry

Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by katrina

• “Dear Gussie, what a week. I feel like something the cat dragged in. However, Lord willing, I have a lovely unscheduled weekend of "not much" ahead of me. So in keeping with the no-thought,...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1626 tasting notes
  • “I don't know...I can't find much to complain about with these bagged herbal tisanes! I think they taste very pleasant and after a day of doing, doing, doing I like to throw the teabag in and some...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Didn't know what I wanted, so went with what I love. My work selection is pathetic. I think what I really want is some of the aged herb and garlic gouda in my fridge, but that isn't tea and it...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 675 tasting notes
  • “Enjoying a simple cup to warm the soul this evening. Warm the body works too. It just started snowing and with the high wind gusts went from 45F last night to 13F with windchill tonight. Not...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

Some tastes are so familiar that just hearing their name brings their flavor to mind – like True Blueberry, whose simple, fruity flavor is best described as ‘tasting blue.’ The wild blueberries we chose for this blend are very high in antioxidants and have overtones of purple grapes, providing a deeper berry flavor than their farmed cousins. Try it on ice!

Hibiscus, rosehips, orange peel, natural blueberry flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), blackberry leaves, wild blueberries and blueberry leaves.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Just got this as part of Celestial’s fruit sampler. It smells exactly like blueberry muffins when it’s steeping, almost overpoweringly so. It has a relatively tart flavor, but not too bad. Can definitely taste the blueberries as well as the hibiscus. Overall, not a bad tea!

I purchased this to make iced tea over the summer, as a friend is allergic to raspberries and I really like some of the other Celestial Seasonings fruit teas. I’m just finishing the last bag hot, and although the tea does taste and smell of blueberries, the flavour seems somewhat flat. I tried it with and without sweetener, both hot and cold. While honey improves the flavour, I think I need a lot more honey in it to make it tasty. I will be sticking with other raspberry-free teas during the summer, and won’t be repurchasing this one.

(With these teas, I like to keep the tea bag in the water until I’ve finished the tea. I started sipping about 4 minutes in, and although the other flavours and tartness are starting to come out I’m still not loving it.)

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

I love this tea! The dry flavor is very strong. It is almost sour smelling but very sweet also. When being steeped in water it’s smell gets increasingly sweeter until the smell is fully blueberry. The color is very very deep blue, Almost purple. The taste is just like the smell. Very sweet, with a very strong flavor of fresh blueberries. It tastes just as amazing hot as it does cold. Though I prefer it hot over cold. I highly recommend adding sweetner and or milk. I like it with either or both, it greatly improves the flavor (hard to believe).

The first thing that I notice was the lovely blue color that it steeped to. The taste was not that lovely. It was just too much blueberry with a slight sour taste. Maybe it would be good if mixed with black tea but not by its self.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

My current favorite! It has a very pleasant smell that serves as an aromatic, as it fills the room quickly. It is a bit tart, which may not be appealing to some. All in all, the perfect blend of hibiscus and berries, in my opinion.

One of my favorites for bedtime. I like it steeped for a long time—it has more blueberry punch that way. I sweeten it lightly, and it’s a good dessert. I love blueberries, so it figures that this one is a go-to for me.

Boiling 8 min or more

This is okay iced. It’s just not a very exciting tea. I drank the whole box (iced) but couldn’t really get into it. This final cup was consumed first thing this morning, to take my meds with.

First I must say I liked this tea more before they added “more bluberyy flavor”, although it is still on my list of good affordable teas. I found that it makes a wonderful iced tea. I like to concentrate the bags and steep for about an hour, add honey to taste and chill. It is like Hippy Kool-Aid, but much healthier. And if you feel like you need a little C-boost, the rose hips seem to help.

From the Celestial Seasonings fruit tea sampler. A bit tart, but tasty!

A bit like warm kool-aid… But yummy…