Sweet Coconut Thai Chai

Black Chai Rooibos Blend
Bitter, Burnt, Cardamon, Smoke, Cinnamon, Cloves, Coconut
Edit tea info Last updated by katrina

From Celestial Seasonings

In many countries of South Asia and the Middle East, “chai” simply means “tea,” but there’s nothing simple about a cup of Decaf Sweet Coconut Thai. This complex blend of naturally caffeine free rooibos, naturally decaffeinated black tea and aromatic Thai spices like ginger, cardamom, cloves and Chinese star anise has its roots in India and is traditionally enjoyed with warm milk and honey. The soothing flavor of creamy coconut gives a tropical flavor to conventional chai in this comforting blend.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Oh my gosh so I found this in the pantry at my cousins and I’ve never had Thai Chai before sooo I wanted to try it out!
So I did and it was good, but it needed milk. I looked in the fridge and THERE’S NO MILK TO BE FOUND. But… I did find a can of whipped cream… yeah I just put whipped cream in my tea.
Oh gosh. I’d rather have my milk, but I have to say, this isn’t too bad! I’ve never had whipped cream in tea before, and I don’t know anyone who puts whipped cream in their tea so I have no idea if this is totally normal.
BUT ONTO THE TEA.
So I saw it had coconut, and I absolutely DESPISE coconut. But I smelled the tea bags and I didn’t really smell any coconut so I thought I would be safe. Brewing the tea, OH HELLO COCONUT. Drinking the tea (without the whipped cream), the coconut wasn’t as strong as I thought it would be. Then adding the whipped cream, ahhh not too bad :)
Definitely one of the better tea bags I’ve had.

Chai tea is my favorite and this is such a great chai blend. I like having it with a bit of french vanilla creamer. It’s so yummy!

This is a beautiful and exotic cup. The taste of this cup will take you to Thailand. The red and black base is velvety and medium bodied. The coconut flavor is pronounced, which is nice. The other spices are delicious. This is a tea that the majority of my guests will drink. Not all are tea drinkers.

This tea has a warm and spicy aroma. I don’t know if I would buy it again (I possibly will) but I have enjoyed it. It’s flavor is stalwart and a bit of milk is a nice touch. It’s a good late-night unwinder and has none of the insipidity that some “bedtime” or chamomile teas can have.

This is the least pleasant tea I have ever tasted. It was at once bland, bitter, and burnt tasting. It had a strong flavor of cardomom (which I don’t really enjoy), and did not taste or smell at all of Coconut. I’m puzzled at the fact that some people seem to have had such a different experience of this tea.

Flavors: Bitter, Burnt, Cardamon, Smoke

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I guess this one has been lingering, forgotten in my cupboard for the past few months. I got it while I was trying to avoid caffeinated teas. This is pretty decent for a grocery store tea I guess. It reminds me a lot of the Cha Yen Thai from Teavana (but cheaper!). It would actually be a good, cheap substitute for this imo.

I accidentally bought this. Dreaded rooisbos! Oh well, I’ll check it out.

It’s actually not bad. I can’t really taste the rooisbos (bonus!). I get mainly some sweet coconut with a little spice rounding out the end of the sip. All in all it tastes pretty good but the flavors are weak and the tea just seems somehow thin even after I forgot about it and it steeped for quite a while.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Coconut

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Suziqzer

I think most people use 2 tea bags with Celestial Seasonings. If the flavors were ok for you that helps. I also find that their spiced or chai blends benefit greatly with a touch of milk.

Virginia

I’ll add some Coco Chai Rooibos to your bag. I’m sure it’s like this one but better :D

This is one of my favorite chai teas, although keep in mind that I am not an overly discerning tea drinker and do not own gadgets to brew loose leaf tea (I drink a lot of coffee). Perhaps when I delve into the loose leaf teas, my opinion might change. That being said, this tea is awesome. It is sweet and the coconut flavor definitely comes through. I used this frequently to wean myself off my expensive Starbucks drinks. I always drink it as a latte. I brew it as usual, then add some sugar and steamed milk with froth and it is absolutely heavenly. I love coconut so I was very pleased that the flavor came through nicely with a delicate coconuty sweetness, which the milk brings out even more. The chai taste was not overpowering. Overall a very mellow, sweet, delicious dessert tea. I plan to try it over ice next and perhaps, as the box suggests, with sweetened condensed milk, which I hope will taste awful because I don’t need a habit that involves copious amounts of sweetened condensed milk.

This is my moct favorite tea to make Suntea with in the summer time , otherwise it’s to sweet.it make the most balanced sun tea ever

180 °F / 82 °C 8 min or more

Well, it seems my Celestial Seasonings days might be numbered. I quite liked this one when I first started drinking it a few years ago, but now that I’ve taken up reviewing teas and am becoming a bit more discerning…

When I moved overseas in 2011 I brought the remainder of my open box with me to have as a spicy, comforting drink before bed. I took to brewing it strong (2 teabags to a cup, sometimes left to steep for 20 minutes or more – bad habit, I know) with a good dose of milk and sugar. I ran out by the end of the year and wasn’t able to acquire another box until I visited my parents this Christmas.

So tonight I decided to fix up a cup like I used to: 2 bags, but only for 4 minutes this time. Took a sip before I added anything… okay, but I wouldn’t want to drink a whole cup like this. Ended up adding a teaspoon of sugar, a squeeze of agave, and several tablespoons of soymilk to get it to my liking. Even with all the additions it made my mouth and throat tingle, which I suspect was the black pepper. I’ll play around with it some more and see if I can coax some other flavors out.