Candy Cane Lane

Green Tea
Honey, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Mint, Vegetal
Edit tea info Last updated by Kristin

• “I won't post every time I have this one for my evening cup - but right now I am still enjoying having found enough on the shelf to get me through the coming year. Love this stuff.” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1326 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday and today I've had a weird annoyance in the back of my throat...triggering a gag reflex. VERY strange. I can't properly explain it actually. It's scary because DH has been dealing with...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “I was a bit skeptical about the peppermint/cinnamon/vanilla combo, but so many people rave about this blend on here that when I saw it 2/$5 at Harris Teeter I caved and bought 2 boxes. I figured if...” Read full tasting note
    janefan 2493 tasting notes
  • “Well, I have never had this particular tea before but so many people seem to love it! I was at Whole Foods tonight at decided to pick some up to try it. First off, it is VERY minty. I can taste...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2416 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

What could be better than the delectable taste of an old-fashioned candy cane? Candy Cane Lane is an irresistible blend of peppermint, creamy vanilla and a dash of cinnamon and sweet blackberry leaves. Best of all, it’s made with antioxidant-rich decaffeinated green tea, so you can enjoy health and flavor this holiday season.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

This was the free tasting tea at my local tea shop. It was delightful. I almost bought some, but I have a bag of Della Terra Candy Cane coming to me at Christmas. I find that I really do enjoy peppermint in my tea.

This was the first tea I ever loved. I didn’t know anything about loose tea and how bagged tea just uses tea dust and such-it just tasted great. I’m a little picky about green teas-not much I like, so this was a revelation. And caffeine-free! The other ingredients really moderate the peppermint and just bring out its best notes. Despite the name or the artwork on the box, it does not really taste like a candy cane. If it did, I would have had one cup a year and been done with it like I do with candy canes. No, it’s subtle, complex, sweet and very festive. I’ve probably had over 100 cups. I haven’t bought this the last two years since they stopped carrying it in my area-just couldn’t bring myself to mail order Celestial Seasonings. But, I miss it, and after drinking 250 grams of TeaGschwendner’s Sencha Claus, I think I’ll have to order some of this instead for the holidays later this year.

SimpliciTEA

I believe this is the same tea as Trader Joe’s Candy Cane tea. So if you have a Trader Joe’s nearby, you may want to check that out.

Scott B

Thanks for the tip, SimpliciTEA. Alas, no Trader Joe’s , Whole Foods, or tea shops anywhere near me. Candy Cane Lane was the only tea I bought here in town.

Hey hey, don’t keep an old box of this in your cupboard for two years because then it tastes like dust!~
Just a warning :)

This kept my holiday spirits up very high though! (I still have one more Christmas celebration left haha, some friends from Toronto are coming home!!!)

Ninavampi

I had the dust experience!… Sadly…

Picked this up at Walmart today! Tis the season for holiday teas! I really enjoy this tea especially at such a cheap price of around $2 a box. But wondering why I only picked up one box of this!!?? Will have to pick up more for evenings when I am too lazy to scoop out loose tea.

Yay, my very first Steepster tasting note! I was surprised when john12 recommended this tea, I guess I just assumed Steepster was mainly loose leaf? Anyway, picked this up from the grocery store and I have enjoyed a couple cups of it so far. It has a nice peppermint taste that’s sweet but not too sweet. Followed the steeping instructions on the box the first couple times, but today just left the bag in the cup while I drank it. Definitely need to get more before it disappears until next year!

MissB

Yay! Congrats on your first tasting note. Looking forward to all the more that come.

Starfevre

I am fond of the sugar cookie herbal of this brand.

Woot! Another sipdown. I made this one at work on my break. I don’t remember it being this good… or creamy.. It’s minty and the vanilla and cinnamon are very present. It’s creamy and the flavors blend well. I believe I got this one from Momo waaaaayyy back for our Christmas swap. Thank you again!

I was a little skeptical of the box by the name, but when I picked it up and read the ingredients I was more interested, so I took it home.

I’m liking this a lot more than I expected to. It’s minty, sweet, and greenish. I’m not a huge fan of the smell, but the taste is pretty good. I don’t expect I’ll drink a lot of it, but it seems like a nice evening or hectic afternoon tea.

sorry, eta: spelling fix. =_=

Bethany

I, too, was surprised by how good this tea was – now I wish it was available year-round..

Heart! I’m so glad I finally found this. I sniffed the pepperminty box all the way home from the store and was burning with anticipation. My steeped cuppa smells strongly of peppermint. The taste is more honey-vanilla, with a cool peppermint aftertaste. It reminds me of celestial seasoning’s honey vanilla chamomile…with peppermint. I love it. I just wish I’d taken note of the green tea aspect before gulping it down in the evening. Here’s crossing my fingers for sleep tonight!

maozed

It’s decaf though, right? I’ve had this in the evenings with no trouble before.

mindala

Yes, it is. I’m just super sensitive to caffeine. Decaf eliminates jitteryness and panic attacks, but it still keeps me up.

maozed

Ah, I see. Good luck with the sleeps!

Candy Cane Lane is an absolute favorite! I love that it’s green tea based, and it’s minty with a hint of vanilla. I think it’s the vanilla that makes it so soothing. The icy coolness of the mint and the warmness of the vanilla combine to make this a spectacular tea, all year round! I love it so much, that I stock up at the holidays so that I can enjoy this every month.

Also, as a bonus-check out JASON’s hand & body lotion infused with Candy Cane Lane. A very special treat.

Jillian

Sweet, another fan of this tea! :D

Wow. This is so minty, the kind of burn-your-throat-going-down minty. I really can’t taste anything else, and I’m not sure I would say it tastes like a candy cane. It’s definitely a sweet sort of mint, but wow. Even on the second and third steeping it is strong!

Kasumi no Chajin

wow! opposite reaction from mine. I had a hard time finding the mint under the vanilla notes. It is one of the milder mints in my my opinion.

cheetah_pita

Interesting! I’m going to have to try it again, make sure I didn’t get it mixed up with something else.