Candy Cane Lane

Green Tea
Blackberry Leaves, Cinnamon, Green Tea, Milk Thistle, Mint, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Peppermint, Roasted Carob, Roasted Chicory Root, Vanilla Bean, Vanilla Flavour
Peppermint, Vanilla, Honey, Cinnamon, Mint, Vegetal
Tea Bag
Decaffeinated
Edit tea info Last updated by cookies

• “I won't post every time I have this one for my evening cup - but right now I am still enjoying having found enough on the shelf to get me through the coming year. Love this stuff.” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1410 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday and today I've had a weird annoyance in the back of my throat...triggering a gag reflex. VERY strange. I can't properly explain it actually. It's scary because DH has been dealing with...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “I was a bit skeptical about the peppermint/cinnamon/vanilla combo, but so many people rave about this blend on here that when I saw it 2/$5 at Harris Teeter I caved and bought 2 boxes. I figured if...” Read full tasting note
    janefan 2606 tasting notes
  • “Well, I have never had this particular tea before but so many people seem to love it! I was at Whole Foods tonight at decided to pick some up to try it. First off, it is VERY minty. I can taste...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2578 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

What could be better than the delectable taste of an old-fashioned candy cane? Candy Cane Lane is an irresistible blend of peppermint, creamy vanilla and a dash of cinnamon and sweet blackberry leaves. Best of all, it’s made with antioxidant-rich decaffeinated green tea, so you can enjoy health and flavor this holiday season.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Can’t make this one without everyone knowing.
Tastes of buttery mellow mintiness.
Turned a coworker onto this one, which is double badness since i don’t get back
to the US enough. :P

It was Christmastime and as I strolled down the tea aisle in the local grocery store, I saw this festive tea. It is certainly an interesting idea for a tea so I decided to give it a try. This was my first tea from Celestial Seasonings and I have to say that I’m looking forward to trying more from them. The initial scent of the tea is exactly like a candy cane. The tea also tastes remarkably like a minty candy cane, and it’s very enjoyable. The package says that this comes on a green tea base but it tasted more herbal to me than anything. Nevertheless, this is a great tea to try if you are fortunate enough to find it.

Yummy for nighttime green tea or anytime you don’t want plain green or caffeine. I like it and have an extra box for back up. I heard someone suggest that brewing this and adding a packet of hot chocolate makes for a mighty fine holiday drink. Haven’t tried it, but might soon!

I initially avoided this tea, thinking it would be like Celestial Seasoning’s “Blow Your Head Off” Peppermint. But I read Jillian’s suggestion to try this tea. I’m so glad I did. It’s now become one of the daily after dinner teas Mom and I drink. It’s sweet, minty, doesn’t rev you up and soothes the digestive tract. Thanks again, Jillian.

This tea tastes great at any time of the year! It soothes me while I’m at work. I love the mint flavor and the fact that you don’t have to add sweetener.

Today is such a yuck day, yuck, yuck, yuck! I went shopping for noms this morning after not getting much sleep (it has been one of those weeks) and progressively felt ickier as the day went on. Not wanting to abandon the blog without a post today, I decided to have a little bit of easy fun.

So I was included in Influenster’s #FrostyVoxBox, a box of really cool products to try out and review (you guys have probably seen me feature past boxes if you have been reading a while) usually I do all of it in one big review, but since one of the things included with it was tea, well, I had to do it separately. Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane Green Tea Decaffeinated, a holiday tea straight out of my memories. This is a blend of peppermint, decaffeinated green tea, orange peel, natural vanilla and mint flavors with other natural flavors, cinnamon, milk thistle, blackberry leaves, roasted carob, roasted chicory, and vanilla bean, and since it is a tea bag, it is the exact level of easy I am in the mood for on this most blah of days. So I know when I was younger I would drink a lot if Celestial Seasonings teas, but I cannot remember if I ever drank this one, fun adventure time, maybe! The aroma of the tea is minty and vanill-y (Minty Vanilli, the holiday themed Milli Vanilli comeback was also lip-synced) a little sweet, and a little papery from the bag. One of the tragedies of teabags is they can smell and taste like the bag, but you do at times make sacrifices for being lazy.

One thing I will give the packaging credit for, it does not say to use boiling water, in fact it says using cooler water with green tea will result in a smoother, more delicate flavor. Yay! Certain other bagged tea companies say boil everything, and people wonder why some people think green tea is bitter gross death. The aroma of the tea is minty and mellow, with vanilla and a roasted undertone along with a tiny hint of sugar cookies. The mint is the primary aroma, but it is not a kick in the face of mint.

The taste is not bad, it is minty and sweet with a hint of vanilla and honey and a slight bit of a roasted taste at the end. The green tea base is really generic, I am not sure how to describe it other than ‘generic bagged green tea I have been drinking since I was a kid’ taste. It is a really mild tea, the mint is cooling, but other than that there is nothing really powerful about it, I do not want to say it tastes watered down, but it does certainly lack oomph. Since this is a decaf tea, I can see this being a tea I could drink before bed or when I feel icky…the tastes are mellow, the mint cools my guts and clears my nose, and the warmth just feels good. In fact I am going to take the rest of this cup and go lay in bed while playing some Minecraft.

For blog and photos: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2014/12/influentster-celestial-seasonings-candy.html

An old favourite of mine. What could be better than peppermint and vanilla mingling together in green tea? For me, nothing! I’ve enjoyed many mugs of this in the past. Served it to many friends who went crazy over it. As far as grocery store bought teas go, this one is the leader of the pack. So hard to find though. Not one grocery store in my town sells it anymore. Not sure if it’s been discontinued or just in limited distribution but if I stumble upon it somewhere I’ll be sure to pick up a couple of boxes. Love sipping away at this one during Christmas time. Makes me feel festive!

Flavors: Peppermint, Vanilla

TeaBrat

I like it too :)

teapartyfortwo

Since discovering loose leaf tea, I know there are other teas out there that will likely beat this one but this tea was the first flavoured tea that I ever really loved so I will always like it for that reason…..memories!

I actually really like this one. This is especially surprising because I don’t tend to like mint very much at all. Peppermint is moderately tolerable while I steer well clear of spearmint. Knowing I don’t enjoy mint I have no idea why I decided to pick this up, but I’m glad I did. It’s definitely pepperminty, but there’s a decent bit of vanilla in there that’s making it palatable. I don’t taste any cinnamon (another note I don’t tend to enjoy), orange, green tea or really any of the other listed ingredients. Not exactly sure why they put decaf green in here rather than just leaving it an herbal blend. Maybe trying to reel in the antioxidant obsessed crowd? Whatever the reason it ends up a pleasant, comforting cup. When I need something warm and cozy before bed this is a nice choice.

Flavors: Peppermint, Vanilla

7 OZ / 207 ML
darby

Sounds good! Might have to pick it up later. I only drink mint after Thanksgiving! LOL

cookies

I always find them on sale for about $2, definitely worth a try if you come across it!

A sample from VariaTEA. I’m slowly coming out of my flu-fug, and beginning to return to my tea stash. I wanted a herbal last night, and this one just called out to me. I like candy cane — it’s a flavour that cheers me up, for some reason. Maybe because it reminds me of Christmas, and I like Christmas? Something like that.

I gave this one four minutes in water just cooler than boiling. When I returned to the kitchen, the whole room smelt of candy cane. It brought a smile to my face straightaway, and lately they’ve been in short supply. I was very, very slightly concerned about the cinnamon in this, but it’s actually a combination that works really well. Mint was the dominant flavour, but the vanilla and cinnamon swirl around and make this a surprisingly accurate, and Christmassy (!) treat. Totally the wrong time of year, I know, but I’m ILL. I can do what I want when I’m ill, and to hell with seasonal appropriateness.

I’ve tried a few candy cane teas in my time, and this is one of the nicer ones. The flavours you’d expect are there, and it’s a delicious tasting cup. This shall be in my evening rotation for a good few days to come! Thanks again to VariaTEA for sharing this with me.

K S

I stocked up with enough to carry me through the year. One of my favorite late night sips.

this is unseasonably yummy. without brown sugar or honey, this is minty and fresh, but with a sweetener, suddenly i notice the cinnamon & the vanilla, and i really do get a candy cane out of this! the aroma is lush and comforting and i must say, the flavor is as well. this has become one of my most sought-after teas before bed & i have come to develop a fondness for mint!

i should probably note this is the same thing as Trader Joe’s Candy Cane Green Tea (my sole box of which is all but finished) but thankfully, i live nearby to a Fairway Market that carries many of Celestial Seasonings’ teas, including their holiday ones!