Candy Cane Lane

Green Tea
Blackberry Leaves, Cinnamon, Green Tea, Milk Thistle, Mint, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Peppermint, Roasted Carob, Roasted Chicory Root, Vanilla Bean, Vanilla Flavour
Candy, Peppermint, Vanilla, Mint, Honey, Cinnamon, Vegetal
Tea Bag
Decaffeinated
Edit tea info Last updated by cookies

• “I won’t post every time I have this one for my evening cup – but right now I am still enjoying having found enough on the shelf to get me through the coming year. Love this stuff.” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1473 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday and today I’ve had a weird annoyance in the back of my throat…triggering a gag reflex. VERY strange. I can’t properly explain it actually. ...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “I was a bit skeptical about the peppermint/cinnamon/vanilla combo, but so many people rave about this blend on here that when I saw it 2/$5 at Harris Teeter I caved and bought 2 boxes. I figured if...” Read full tasting note
    janefan 2706 tasting notes
  • “Well, I have never had this particular tea before but so many people seem to love it! I was at Whole Foods tonight at decided to pick some up to try it. First off, it is VERY minty. I can taste...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2643 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

What could be better than the delectable taste of an old-fashioned candy cane? Candy Cane Lane is an irresistible blend of peppermint, creamy vanilla and a dash of cinnamon and sweet blackberry leaves. Best of all, it’s made with antioxidant-rich decaffeinated green tea, so you can enjoy health and flavor this holiday season.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Can’t make this one without everyone knowing.
Tastes of buttery mellow mintiness.
Turned a coworker onto this one, which is double badness since i don’t get back
to the US enough. :P

It was Christmastime and as I strolled down the tea aisle in the local grocery store, I saw this festive tea. It is certainly an interesting idea for a tea so I decided to give it a try. This was my first tea from Celestial Seasonings and I have to say that I’m looking forward to trying more from them. The initial scent of the tea is exactly like a candy cane. The tea also tastes remarkably like a minty candy cane, and it’s very enjoyable. The package says that this comes on a green tea base but it tasted more herbal to me than anything. Nevertheless, this is a great tea to try if you are fortunate enough to find it.

Yummy for nighttime green tea or anytime you don’t want plain green or caffeine. I like it and have an extra box for back up. I heard someone suggest that brewing this and adding a packet of hot chocolate makes for a mighty fine holiday drink. Haven’t tried it, but might soon!

I initially avoided this tea, thinking it would be like Celestial Seasoning’s “Blow Your Head Off” Peppermint. But I read Jillian’s suggestion to try this tea. I’m so glad I did. It’s now become one of the daily after dinner teas Mom and I drink. It’s sweet, minty, doesn’t rev you up and soothes the digestive tract. Thanks again, Jillian.

This tea tastes great at any time of the year! It soothes me while I’m at work. I love the mint flavor and the fact that you don’t have to add sweetener.

So yummy, like a warm candy cane in a glass!

It’s good at what it does, if that makes sense. It does taste candy-cane like (not just peppermint), and I really like finding a decaf green tea. I love real teas, but have to tightly restrict my caffeine intake, so decaf is always a good find. It’s a forgiving brew as well, seeming to taste pretty much the same with warmer or cooler water and all different steeping times. I don’t taste much of a cinnamon flavor, at least nothing obtrusive and artificial. It does taste pretty sweet to me even without adding anything else to it, and my daughter (8) loves it. There’s just something about it I don’t love, and I can’t quite put my finger on it. For the price and convenience, it’s definitely worth it if the description appeals to you. Even though it isn’t my thing, I can still understand why many people really love it.

Flavors: Candy, Peppermint, Vanilla

This tea is delicious! It doesn’t just taste like straight up peppermint. It has some of the creamy quality a candy cane has. It is nice it has no caffeine so I can drink it at night.

Flavors: Candy, Mint, Peppermint

180 °F / 82 °C 2 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

I bought a box of this last week when I finished up my Twinings Peppermint bags. I remembered that it received satisfactory and downright glowing reviews here on Steepster a few years ago, and decided to try it out.

Now that I have – a few times now – I find that I don’t particularly care for it. Its odor reminds me of potpurri and tasting it reinforces the image in my mind (not that I know what potpurri tastes like…). Adding at least two teaspoons of sugar helps me get it down but I’m trying to consume less sugar, so that’s not really that helpful.

I have 18 bags left and I think it might end up being pushed to the back of the cupboard (there will be a post going up in the swap category soon if you’re interested in taking some/all of this off my hands).

Today is such a yuck day, yuck, yuck, yuck! I went shopping for noms this morning after not getting much sleep (it has been one of those weeks) and progressively felt ickier as the day went on. Not wanting to abandon the blog without a post today, I decided to have a little bit of easy fun.

So I was included in Influenster’s #FrostyVoxBox, a box of really cool products to try out and review (you guys have probably seen me feature past boxes if you have been reading a while) usually I do all of it in one big review, but since one of the things included with it was tea, well, I had to do it separately. Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane Green Tea Decaffeinated, a holiday tea straight out of my memories. This is a blend of peppermint, decaffeinated green tea, orange peel, natural vanilla and mint flavors with other natural flavors, cinnamon, milk thistle, blackberry leaves, roasted carob, roasted chicory, and vanilla bean, and since it is a tea bag, it is the exact level of easy I am in the mood for on this most blah of days. So I know when I was younger I would drink a lot if Celestial Seasonings teas, but I cannot remember if I ever drank this one, fun adventure time, maybe! The aroma of the tea is minty and vanill-y (Minty Vanilli, the holiday themed Milli Vanilli comeback was also lip-synced) a little sweet, and a little papery from the bag. One of the tragedies of teabags is they can smell and taste like the bag, but you do at times make sacrifices for being lazy.

One thing I will give the packaging credit for, it does not say to use boiling water, in fact it says using cooler water with green tea will result in a smoother, more delicate flavor. Yay! Certain other bagged tea companies say boil everything, and people wonder why some people think green tea is bitter gross death. The aroma of the tea is minty and mellow, with vanilla and a roasted undertone along with a tiny hint of sugar cookies. The mint is the primary aroma, but it is not a kick in the face of mint.

The taste is not bad, it is minty and sweet with a hint of vanilla and honey and a slight bit of a roasted taste at the end. The green tea base is really generic, I am not sure how to describe it other than ‘generic bagged green tea I have been drinking since I was a kid’ taste. It is a really mild tea, the mint is cooling, but other than that there is nothing really powerful about it, I do not want to say it tastes watered down, but it does certainly lack oomph. Since this is a decaf tea, I can see this being a tea I could drink before bed or when I feel icky…the tastes are mellow, the mint cools my guts and clears my nose, and the warmth just feels good. In fact I am going to take the rest of this cup and go lay in bed while playing some Minecraft.

For blog and photos: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2014/12/influentster-celestial-seasonings-candy.html