Candy Cane Lane

Green Tea
Blackberry Leaves, Cinnamon, Green Tea, Milk Thistle, Mint, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Peppermint, Roasted Carob, Roasted Chicory Root, Vanilla Bean, Vanilla Flavour
Candy, Peppermint, Vanilla, Mint, Honey, Cinnamon, Vegetal
Tea Bag
Decaffeinated
Edit tea info Last updated by cookies

• “I won’t post every time I have this one for my evening cup – but right now I am still enjoying having found enough on the shelf to get me through the coming year. Love this stuff.” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1502 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday and today I’ve had a weird annoyance in the back of my throat…triggering a gag reflex. VERY strange. I can’t properly explain it actually. ...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “I was a bit skeptical about the peppermint/cinnamon/vanilla combo, but so many people rave about this blend on here that when I saw it 2/$5 at Harris Teeter I caved and bought 2 boxes. I figured if...” Read full tasting note
    janefan 2768 tasting notes
  • “Well, I have never had this particular tea before but so many people seem to love it! I was at Whole Foods tonight at decided to pick some up to try it. First off, it is Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2726 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

What could be better than the delectable taste of an old-fashioned candy cane? Candy Cane Lane is an irresistible blend of peppermint, creamy vanilla and a dash of cinnamon and sweet blackberry leaves. Best of all, it’s made with antioxidant-rich decaffeinated green tea, so you can enjoy health and flavor this holiday season.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

An old favourite of mine. What could be better than peppermint and vanilla mingling together in green tea? For me, nothing! I’ve enjoyed many mugs of this in the past. Served it to many friends who went crazy over it. As far as grocery store bought teas go, this one is the leader of the pack. So hard to find though. Not one grocery store in my town sells it anymore. Not sure if it’s been discontinued or just in limited distribution but if I stumble upon it somewhere I’ll be sure to pick up a couple of boxes. Love sipping away at this one during Christmas time. Makes me feel festive!

Flavors: Peppermint, Vanilla

TeaBrat

I like it too :)

teapartyfortwo

Since discovering loose leaf tea, I know there are other teas out there that will likely beat this one but this tea was the first flavoured tea that I ever really loved so I will always like it for that reason…..memories!

I actually really like this one. This is especially surprising because I don’t tend to like mint very much at all. Peppermint is moderately tolerable while I steer well clear of spearmint. Knowing I don’t enjoy mint I have no idea why I decided to pick this up, but I’m glad I did. It’s definitely pepperminty, but there’s a decent bit of vanilla in there that’s making it palatable. I don’t taste any cinnamon (another note I don’t tend to enjoy), orange, green tea or really any of the other listed ingredients. Not exactly sure why they put decaf green in here rather than just leaving it an herbal blend. Maybe trying to reel in the antioxidant obsessed crowd? Whatever the reason it ends up a pleasant, comforting cup. When I need something warm and cozy before bed this is a nice choice.

Flavors: Peppermint, Vanilla

7 OZ / 207 ML
darby

Sounds good! Might have to pick it up later. I only drink mint after Thanksgiving! LOL

cookies

I always find them on sale for about $2, definitely worth a try if you come across it!

A sample from VariaTEA. I’m slowly coming out of my flu-fug, and beginning to return to my tea stash. I wanted a herbal last night, and this one just called out to me. I like candy cane — it’s a flavour that cheers me up, for some reason. Maybe because it reminds me of Christmas, and I like Christmas? Something like that.

I gave this one four minutes in water just cooler than boiling. When I returned to the kitchen, the whole room smelt of candy cane. It brought a smile to my face straightaway, and lately they’ve been in short supply. I was very, very slightly concerned about the cinnamon in this, but it’s actually a combination that works really well. Mint was the dominant flavour, but the vanilla and cinnamon swirl around and make this a surprisingly accurate, and Christmassy (!) treat. Totally the wrong time of year, I know, but I’m ILL. I can do what I want when I’m ill, and to hell with seasonal appropriateness.

I’ve tried a few candy cane teas in my time, and this is one of the nicer ones. The flavours you’d expect are there, and it’s a delicious tasting cup. This shall be in my evening rotation for a good few days to come! Thanks again to VariaTEA for sharing this with me.

K S

I stocked up with enough to carry me through the year. One of my favorite late night sips.

this is unseasonably yummy. without brown sugar or honey, this is minty and fresh, but with a sweetener, suddenly i notice the cinnamon & the vanilla, and i really do get a candy cane out of this! the aroma is lush and comforting and i must say, the flavor is as well. this has become one of my most sought-after teas before bed & i have come to develop a fondness for mint!

i should probably note this is the same thing as Trader Joe’s Candy Cane Green Tea (my sole box of which is all but finished) but thankfully, i live nearby to a Fairway Market that carries many of Celestial Seasonings’ teas, including their holiday ones!

One part of the holidays I look forward to is the fact that this company puts out their seasonal line. This one in particular is great when the weather starts getting you down….. a cup of this is what I need sometimes…especially when I catch the cough!

Flavors: Honey

I stashed a box of this at work for when I just really, really need some comfort tea. Which was today. Brewed it up in the Timolino and left it uncovered so I could drink it some time today because that sucker keeps everything NUCLEAR HOT. It’s bagged tea, but it’s damn good. I don’t expect much of my bags and this delivers. Creamy, mint, soothing.

tealuver03

I love this tea so much and I love to drink it around christmas time instead of hot chocolate! I would say this is my FAVORITE winter tea

While I am not a huge fan of nearly anything Celestial Seasonings makes anymore I found this tea to be right up my alley. Naturally caffeine free green tea blended with my three favorite flavors, peppermint, cinnamon, and vanilla! There’s not much else to say here. It’s warming and soothing and it goes absolutely perfectly with a snowy day and the whole Christmas season. It just feels like a childhood memory of what Christmas used to be like all bundled up in a tiny little tea bag!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Vanilla

Another holiday favorite. I enjoy their regular peppermint tea as well, but prefer the Candy Cane Lane for the additional flavor notes.

I can see how this tea is good for someone who likes teas with sweet notes. I personally do not like drinking it straight. If I reach out for this tea, hot milk and lots of sugar is a must, and I just make it into a tea latte. If I have peppermints or mini candy canes on hand, I like to stick a few in. It makes for a nice hot holiday drink.

I love this tea. I love the strong peppermint flavor with the hint of vanilla. I don’t taste the cinnamon, but I bet it’s doing something important. The peppermint/vanilla really does overwhelm all the other flavors, including the green tea, but it’s so good you won’t even care.

Sometimes I wonder if I overrate this tea because it was one of my first teas beyond the simple black tea bagged stuff. Then I taste it again each November and I realize it is that good.(I only drink it 3 months a year and look forward to that first cup after Halloween way too much.)

Celestial Seasonings does some things well and some things less well, but they have this one right. They do seem to be one of the few decent tea companies I can find in the average grocery store.