Candy Cane Lane

Green Tea
Honey, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Mint, Vegetal
Edit tea info Last updated by Kristin

• “I won't post every time I have this one for my evening cup - but right now I am still enjoying having found enough on the shelf to get me through the coming year. Love this stuff.” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1326 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday and today I've had a weird annoyance in the back of my throat...triggering a gag reflex. VERY strange. I can't properly explain it actually. It's scary because DH has been dealing with...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “I was a bit skeptical about the peppermint/cinnamon/vanilla combo, but so many people rave about this blend on here that when I saw it 2/$5 at Harris Teeter I caved and bought 2 boxes. I figured if...” Read full tasting note
    janefan 2497 tasting notes
  • “Well, I have never had this particular tea before but so many people seem to love it! I was at Whole Foods tonight at decided to pick some up to try it. First off, it is VERY minty. I can taste...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2422 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

What could be better than the delectable taste of an old-fashioned candy cane? Candy Cane Lane is an irresistible blend of peppermint, creamy vanilla and a dash of cinnamon and sweet blackberry leaves. Best of all, it’s made with antioxidant-rich decaffeinated green tea, so you can enjoy health and flavor this holiday season.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Another holiday favorite. I enjoy their regular peppermint tea as well, but prefer the Candy Cane Lane for the additional flavor notes.

I can see how this tea is good for someone who likes teas with sweet notes. I personally do not like drinking it straight. If I reach out for this tea, hot milk and lots of sugar is a must, and I just make it into a tea latte. If I have peppermints or mini candy canes on hand, I like to stick a few in. It makes for a nice hot holiday drink.

I love this tea. I love the strong peppermint flavor with the hint of vanilla. I don’t taste the cinnamon, but I bet it’s doing something important. The peppermint/vanilla really does overwhelm all the other flavors, including the green tea, but it’s so good you won’t even care.

Sometimes I wonder if I overrate this tea because it was one of my first teas beyond the simple black tea bagged stuff. Then I taste it again each November and I realize it is that good.(I only drink it 3 months a year and look forward to that first cup after Halloween way too much.)

Celestial Seasonings does some things well and some things less well, but they have this one right. They do seem to be one of the few decent tea companies I can find in the average grocery store.

one of my favorite holiday teas. sweet and smooth without sugar. sometimes i drink too much and get a peppermint-numbed throat-it’s that good.

Its funny that another review said that this tea had a stronger peppermint taste than anything else, because that is the flavor I feel is the weakest in Candy Cane Lane. I can taste a lot of green tea and vanilla in this. It might be because I am not the biggest green tea fan (trying to ease my way into liking it… lol)but all that being said, I like this tea. Its different than a lot of the fruity herbal tea that I usually drink and I’m definitely going to finish the box and perhaps repurchase :)

This is probably my favorite tea. I can’t have a lot of caffeine due to healthy issues and this is a naturally decaffeinated green tea. The subtle flavors of cinnamon, vanilla and peppermint all blend so nicely and most of the time I don’t even need to bother with sweetener. It truly does remind you of a winter day sitting around the fireplace and looking at the Christmas tree, even when you drink it in the middle of Summer.

I’ve tried this a few times. Unfortunately, the first couple of times, I kept forgetting that there was green tea in it, so I steeped it with boiling-hot water, which made it bitter. When I let the water boil and then waited for the steam to subside, it definitely turned out much better. It’s very smooth and minty, and the decaf green tea somehow makes the flavor feel more complete than other herbal peppermint teas, but at the same time it’s a little off-putting. I don’t usually like green tea, but I like this tea. The other flavors were sort of strange and it felt like they were just a backdrop to the mint and green tea flavors.

I tried a cup of this at my local coffee shop this afternoon. I had added soy milk and a pinch of sugar but wasn’t really impressed with it. It wasn’t bad but all I could pick out was peppermint. I added a tiny bit of agave when I got home and voila, candy cane! It was delicious and I’ll probably pick up a box of this the next time I’m out.

This tea tastes like Christmas to me. The peppermint, creamy vanilla, all layered gently with a mild, non-astringent green tea, make it an easy tea to have cups and festive cups of.

This was my last bag of this one. I really like this, though I don’t usually like peppermint. There is something creamy about it, as it is supposed to be vanilla. And I love anything vanilla. It does taste like a candy cane. This is one of the better Celestial Seasonings that I’ve tried. Nutcracker Suite is my favorite though.